Hi All,

I had booked a flat in Padmalaya by Real Value in Siruseri, Chennai. Gave 5L as booking fee but later I realized they are far from approval. When I spoke to them they say the approval is with the govt authorities and it will take time. They also say if I am very anxious, they will return me 4.75 lakhs and they will penalize me 25k. Not sure if I should wait. Since they are quite reputed, I didn't do much of a research. Also I am not physically present in Chennai. I live in Pune.

Had anyone else done booking in this property? Please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Read more
115 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Real Value - Padmalaya

Hi Rama,
    Let me join with you happily, as i am one of the customers of Real Value Padmalaya. First of all, forget about withdrawing back from the property which you have bought. It has just been launched and you have so many things in your mind.

I booked my flat here one month back giving a token money of 1L. To be modest, this is infact a good property. I have seen this site. Ofcourse as usual, if you are expecting something big today, that wont happen. Properties in kelambakkam are for investment purpose.

This place is sure to grow in another few years may be a 2-3 year span with the commencement of the Japanese City in Mahabalipuram. The government has a lot of focus on OMR.

Please dont be dissapointed. We all have made a good investment. They will be getting approvals in this month, probably by mid of July, and once they get they are going to close the pre-launch offer of 3056/- I have spoken to the SBI marketing person for home loan, and the title of this property is clear and they are confident that they will get all approvals. They are currently constructing a Model House at a massive investment. No one will make investment if they are not going to get approvals. Right ?

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srikumar88
    Hi Rama,
    Let me join with you happily, as i am one of the customers of Real Value Padmalaya. First of all, forget about withdrawing back from the property which you have bought. It has just been launched and you have so many things in your mind.

I booked my flat here one month back giving a token money of 1L. To be modest, this is infact a good property. I have seen this site. Ofcourse as usual, if you are expecting something big today, that wont happen. Properties in kelambakkam are for investment purpose.

This place is sure to grow in another few years may be a 2-3 year span with the commencement of the Japanese City in Mahabalipuram. The government has a lot of focus on OMR.

Please dont be dissapointed. We all have made a good investment. They will be getting approvals in this month, probably by mid of July, and once they get they are going to close the pre-launch offer of 3056/- I have spoken to the SBI marketing person for home loan, and the title of this property is clear and they are confident that they will get all approvals. They are currently constructing a Model House at a massive investment. No one will make investment if they are not going to get approvals. Right ?

Thanks.

Thanks Sri for allaying my concerns. I got the call from the builder saying that they have got the in-principle approval. Please check from your end as well. They have told me they will be able to give the DTCP approval number within a month or so. Good that you have spoken to SBI and got the reassurance.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please let me know the current approval status/by when it is expected?
    CommentQuote
  • Spoke with them and got the same response as Ram - "Approvals are in process and will be received within a month".

Only difference is that I called them 1 month after Ram :)
    CommentQuote
  • You'll be surprised to know that Landmark has been giving same response for past 3 years :). It is not in their hands, CMDA takes their own sweet time to grant approval, sometimes for the same builder, one project that launched late will get approval before the project launched earlier. Eg, Landmark Vertica - Gopalapuram got approval earlier even though it was launched after Centralia.
    CommentQuote
  • Is there any website to check recent DTCP approvals similar to Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority, Government of Tamilnadu, India for CMDA?

Atleast, we can come to know immediately after DTCP approval is obtained.
    CommentQuote
  • No
    CommentQuote
  • I went to the site myself last month, saw the work has started for showflats. The builder says the showflat will be ready by end of October. On the approval front, it seems CDMA wants some allocation for the EWS(economically weaker section). Not sure what this is all about, I am not even sure if such a thing exists. Probably it is a new thing that CDMA expects, i.e. some number of flats need to be allocated to EWS. It looks we are still very far away from hearing anything concrete on the approval. - Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ramagopr
    I went to the site myself last month, saw the work has started for showflats. The builder says the showflat will be ready by end of October. On the approval front, it seems CDMA wants some allocation for the EWS(economically weaker section). Not sure what this is all about, I am not even sure if such a thing exists. Probably it is a new thing that CDMA expects, i.e. some number of flats need to be allocated to EWS. It looks we are still very far away from hearing anything concrete on the approval. - Ram

Check this thread for more details about EWS:

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/37427-are-builders-hiding-their-1-bhk-units?t=39154

Real Value Padmalaya doesn't come under CMDA jurisdiction but under DTCP (Mamallapuram LPA division). They must reserve 10% of total land area for constructing EWS units, if they don't do that they won't receive approval.
    CommentQuote
  • Icemansails... Your concern to check DTCP approvals similar to CMDA is indeed available in CMDA and Directorate of Town and Country Planning, Government of Tamil Nadu

Originally Posted by icemansails
    Is there any website to check recent DTCP approvals similar to Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority, Government of Tamilnadu, India for CMDA?

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    No

Excellent link RaviCbe...Thanks for pointing it..

The mighty know-all Love4Land immediately said "No"

This shows that he will say something even if he doesn't know about it.

Love4Land - At least now give respect to other members in the forum.

Not everyone knows all. But there are definitely many members here who know much more than you...

So stop all your invaluable comments and learn from other experienced diginified members here like Economist, K11, RaviCbe, Vettipayan etc
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by icemansails
    Is there any website to check recent DTCP approvals similar to Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority, Government of Tamilnadu, India for CMDA?

The answer is still "NO". DTCP does not publish details of planning permits issued on their website, unlike CMDA. You'll have to personally go to LPA or DTCP or Panchayat (delegated by DTCP for approving certain types of buildings & layouts).

For CMDA, following is link for planning permissions issued from 2007-2012:

http://www.cmdachennai.gov.in/ppapprovaldetails.html
    CommentQuote
  • CMDA approvals are published online once approved

DTCP approval pending status is visible in

Directorate of Town and Country Planning, Government of Tamil Nadu site so that one can get the pending status . Once approved and released , it will be remove from pending list in site by the time , applicant will have the approval in hand

Originally Posted by RaviCbe
    Icemansails... Your concern to check DTCP approvals similar to CMDA is indeed available in CMDA and Directorate of Town and Country Planning, Government of Tamil Nadu
    CommentQuote
  • :) :) :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ramagopr/srikumar88,

I hope there should be some flats available on Real value Padmalaya. I have visited their website, I think they are still offerring the pre-launch price. Would it be possible to negotiate further down? I would really appreciate if any of you provide the price details such as car parking, floor rise, etc.

Thanks
    CommentQuote