I purchased a half ground land in Cholambedu (Thirumullavoyal) in Chennai 9 months back. However it is an unapproaved land and now I want to construct my house on that land. What approvals do I need and what will be the cost and duration be involved? I think I need to get the land approval first and later the building approval. Pls advise
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.
    CommentQuote
  • aproval

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.

Dear natarajg007,

Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

ks2071746:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear natarajg007,

Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

ks2071746:)

I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
    THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Getting Ground Plus 2 building approval

Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.

it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.

DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.
    CommentQuote
  • unapproved land

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
    THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!

Dear Natarajg007,

?????? One suggestion from you in plain English is that better sell it off. Still, I request some other suggestion to the guy who bought an unapproved land.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • None really Mr KS.
    CommentQuote
  • The land that I bought has patta, chitta, adangal and with valid sale deed. It is a residential plot with houses surrounding it. The only thing it is unapproved for building construction. So I have to get the land approval and then later the building plan approval. This is the procedure for all the land that got only panchayat approval when the layout was formed 25 years back. I did some homework and found out that I need to pay an OSR premium (open space reservation) fee to the municipal and get land approved. It is 10% of the guideline value. The approval is needed when we need to apply for bank loans and start construction. I Think DTCP will not receive application from public directly. Application can only come through municipal, panchayats and even CMDA (if the area is not under CMA)
    I have one question. Does DTCP has its own building plan rules. Can anyone guide where I can find the rules on the net. I know CMDA has.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.

CMDA stands for chennai metropolitian devlp authority and has jurisidiction only for the chennai metroplolitian area.
    DTCP governs with regional offices other than city corporations
    both approve land layouts and building plans
    in fact the final building permit is issued by the local body CMDA and DTCP are only sanctioning authorities and need to be addressed only in cases of more than 1/2 acre in DTCP and 1000 sq m in CMDA areas for layouts and for special buildings only ordinary buildings and small subdivisions can be approved by the local body.it is a case of jurisidiction and limits of power
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    The land that I bought has patta, chitta, I have one question. Does DTCP has its own building plan rules. Can anyone guide where I can find the rules on the net. I know CMDA has.

yes DTCP has its own rather CMDA has its own rules larger parts of TN are under DTCP you can get a copy at seetharaman shop in mylapore
    CommentQuote

get this straigth.
    patta has nothing to do with approval.
    patta is issued by the revenue dept which confirms possesion only not title.it is a very crucial document.
    approval is granted by local bodies.
    an unapproved land can be regularised by the local body if it has access to a public road or passage by paying 10 % of gudeline value- OSR-open space reservation charges -and development charges.
    a single piece of land with a document pre 1989 is deemed as approved and is eligible for approval without OSR
    CommentQuote
  • Dear abk,

What about if the layout is laid after 1989. Do we have to pay for OSR?

Is it possible to let me know if G+2 building can be approved by DTCP for a 20 feet road. What the rules for construction like (FSI, Plot coverage)
    CommentQuote

All approvals are given by the local body which needs a clearance from CMDA and DTCP for laayouts more than 1000sq m in CMDA and >1/2 acre in DTCP,similarly it req clearance for special buildings and multi storied buildings in CMDA and DTCP. the normal subdivisions and building approvals can be sanctioned by the local body independently.
    CMDA stands for chennai metropolitian devlp auth and has jurisidiction only on chennai metropolitian area it approves both layouts and buildings
    DTCP is the authority for TN other than areas of CMDA and other city corporations of TN.it also approves both layouts and buildings.
    any piece of land sub divided before 1989 is deemed to be equal to approved(provided it has access to a road or passage)
    other layouts can be regularised by paying 10 % of guideline value(OSR) and development charges(it should have access to public road)(cond apply)
    any undivided piece of land abutting a public road is eligible for fresh approval in accordance with the zone and road width.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear abk,
    Just to clarify; for plots laid before 1989 is considered like an approved plot and for plots laid after 1989 we pay an OSR amount. Is this the correct. Pls advise. I am also confused regarding this matter.
    CommentQuote