Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

Collapse
X
Collapse

Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

Last updated: June 20 2016
28 | Posts
40098 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

    I purchased a half ground land in Cholambedu (Thirumullavoyal) in Chennai 9 months back. However it is an unapproaved land and now I want to construct my house on that land. What approvals do I need and what will be the cost and duration be involved? I think I need to get the land approval first and later the building approval. Pls advise
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

    Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

      aproval

      Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
      Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.
      Dear natarajg007,

      Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

      ks2071746

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

        Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
        Dear natarajg007,

        Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

        ks2071746
        I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
        THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

          Getting Ground Plus 2 building approval

          Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

            Originally posted by vpsureshkumar View Post
            Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.
            it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

              Originally posted by abk View Post
              it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.
              DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

                unapproved land

                Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
                I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
                THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!
                Dear Natarajg007,

                ?????? One suggestion from you in plain English is that better sell it off. Still, I request some other suggestion to the guy who bought an unapproved land.

                ks2071746

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

                  None really Mr KS.

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

                    The land that I bought has patta, chitta, adangal and with valid sale deed. It is a residential plot with houses surrounding it. The only thing it is unapproved for building construction. So I have to get the land approval and then later the building plan approval. This is the procedure for all the land that got only panchayat approval when the layout was formed 25 years back. I did some homework and found out that I need to pay an OSR premium (open space reservation) fee to the municipal and get land approved. It is 10% of the guideline value. The approval is needed when we need to apply for bank loans and start construction. I Think DTCP will not receive application from public directly. Application can only come through municipal, panchayats and even CMDA (if the area is not under CMA)
                    I have one question. Does DTCP has its own building plan rules. Can anyone guide where I can find the rules on the net. I know CMDA has.

                    Comment

                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X