Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

Last updated: June 20 2016
28 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
    DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.
    CMDA stands for chennai metropolitian devlp authority and has jurisidiction only for the chennai metroplolitian area.
    DTCP governs with regional offices other than city corporations
    both approve land layouts and building plans
    in fact the final building permit is issued by the local body CMDA and DTCP are only sanctioning authorities and need to be addressed only in cases of more than 1/2 acre in DTCP and 1000 sq m in CMDA areas for layouts and for special buildings only ordinary buildings and small subdivisions can be approved by the local body.it is a case of jurisidiction and limits of power

Comment

Originally posted by vpsureshkumar View Post
      The land that I bought has patta, chitta, I have one question. Does DTCP has its own building plan rules. Can anyone guide where I can find the rules on the net. I know CMDA has.
      yes DTCP has its own rather CMDA has its own rules larger parts of TN are under DTCP you can get a copy at seetharaman shop in mylapore

Comment

DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.
        get this straigth.
        patta has nothing to do with approval.
        patta is issued by the revenue dept which confirms possesion only not title.it is a very crucial document.
        approval is granted by local bodies.
        an unapproved land can be regularised by the local body if it has access to a public road or passage by paying 10 % of gudeline value- OSR-open space reservation charges -and development charges.
        a single piece of land with a document pre 1989 is deemed as approved and is eligible for approval without OSR

Comment

Dear abk,

What about if the layout is laid after 1989. Do we have to pay for OSR?

Is it possible to let me know if G+2 building can be approved by DTCP for a 20 feet road. What the rules for construction like (FSI, Plot coverage)

Comment

All approvals are given by the local body which needs a clearance from CMDA and DTCP for laayouts more than 1000sq m in CMDA and >1/2 acre in DTCP,similarly it req clearance for special buildings and multi storied buildings in CMDA and DTCP. the normal subdivisions and building approvals can be sanctioned by the local body independently.
            CMDA stands for chennai metropolitian devlp auth and has jurisidiction only on chennai metropolitian area it approves both layouts and buildings
            DTCP is the authority for TN other than areas of CMDA and other city corporations of TN.it also approves both layouts and buildings.
            any piece of land sub divided before 1989 is deemed to be equal to approved(provided it has access to a road or passage)
            other layouts can be regularised by paying 10 % of guideline value(OSR) and development charges(it should have access to public road)(cond apply)
            any undivided piece of land abutting a public road is eligible for fresh approval in accordance with the zone and road width.

Comment

Dear abk,
              Just to clarify; for plots laid before 1989 is considered like an approved plot and for plots laid after 1989 we pay an OSR amount. Is this the correct. Pls advise. I am also confused regarding this matter.

Comment

No approval !!!

Just a update !!!
                Today my In law went to CMC (Bangalore/KRPuram) office for plan approval. They wants to build the house in their land which they bought 5 yrs ago. They says that CMC stopped giving approval for house building temp. And they are asking to build the house with out approval. Later when the approval process opens up then we can go for approval.

Please can some one tell me what kind of law is this ? Its a another way to make money with fine/bribing etc... Becos after building you cant destroy your house...

Either land or AIR and FOOD. Choice is yours.

Comment

Originally posted by vpsureshkumar View Post
                  Dear abk,

What about if the layout is laid after 1989. Do we have to pay for OSR?

Is it possible to let me know if G+2 building can be approved by DTCP for a 20 feet road. What the rules for construction like (FSI, Plot coverage)
                  dtcp GIVES HEIGTH OF THE BUILDING AS 1.5 TIMES THE ROAD WIDTH therefore 20 X 1.5 =30 ft(good for G+2).FSI extends till 1.9 in DTCP, i dont have more details go to the localbody concerened and talk to the planning officer. layouts after 1989(in CMDA) are considered unapproved and OSR has to be paid (cond apply)

Comment

redundancy due to admin

Originally posted by abk View Post
                    dtcp GIVES HEIGTH OF THE BUILDING AS 1.5 TIMES THE ROAD WIDTH therefore 20 X 1.5 =30 ft(good for G+2).FSI extends till 1.9 in DTCP, i dont have more details go to the localbody concerened and talk to the planning officer. layouts after 1989(in CMDA) are considered unapproved and OSR has to be paid (cond apply)
                    sorry some of my posts are redundant here bcoz of admin posting it late

Comment

Dear Abk,
                      Thanks for the info and numbers. I want to get a plan approved for G+2 in Thirumullavoyal, Chennai. The approval has to be obtained from Avadi municipal. So does this approval can be a DTCP approval. I inquired from CMDA and they told that G+2 cannot be build for a 20 feet road. I read from the DTCP websites that approvals has to go through the municipal. DTCP does not deal directly from the public.

Regards

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X