I purchased a half ground land in Cholambedu (Thirumullavoyal) in Chennai 9 months back. However it is an unapproaved land and now I want to construct my house on that land. What approvals do I need and what will be the cost and duration be involved? I think I need to get the land approval first and later the building approval. Pls advise
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • No approval !!!

Just a update !!!
    Today my In law went to CMC (Bangalore/KRPuram) office for plan approval. They wants to build the house in their land which they bought 5 yrs ago. They says that CMC stopped giving approval for house building temp. And they are asking to build the house with out approval. Later when the approval process opens up then we can go for approval.

Please can some one tell me what kind of law is this ? Its a another way to make money with fine/bribing etc... Becos after building you cant destroy your house...

:(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear abk,

What about if the layout is laid after 1989. Do we have to pay for OSR?

Is it possible to let me know if G+2 building can be approved by DTCP for a 20 feet road. What the rules for construction like (FSI, Plot coverage)

dtcp GIVES HEIGTH OF THE BUILDING AS 1.5 TIMES THE ROAD WIDTH therefore 20 X 1.5 =30 ft(good for G+2).FSI extends till 1.9 in DTCP, i dont have more details go to the localbody concerened and talk to the planning officer. layouts after 1989(in CMDA) are considered unapproved and OSR has to be paid (cond apply)
    CommentQuote
  • redundancy due to admin

Originally Posted by abk
    dtcp GIVES HEIGTH OF THE BUILDING AS 1.5 TIMES THE ROAD WIDTH therefore 20 X 1.5 =30 ft(good for G+2).FSI extends till 1.9 in DTCP, i dont have more details go to the localbody concerened and talk to the planning officer. layouts after 1989(in CMDA) are considered unapproved and OSR has to be paid (cond apply)

sorry some of my posts are redundant here bcoz of admin posting it late
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Abk,
    Thanks for the info and numbers. I want to get a plan approved for G+2 in Thirumullavoyal, Chennai. The approval has to be obtained from Avadi municipal. So does this approval can be a DTCP approval. I inquired from CMDA and they told that G+2 cannot be build for a 20 feet road. I read from the DTCP websites that approvals has to go through the municipal. DTCP does not deal directly from the public.

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear Abk,

Thanks for the info and numbers. I want to get a plan approved for G+2 in Thirumullavoyal, Chennai. The approval has to be obtained from Avadi municipal. So does this approval can be a DTCP approval. I inquired from CMDA and they told that G+2 cannot be build for a 20 feet road. I read from the DTCP websites that approvals has to go through the municipal. DTCP does not deal directly from the public.

Regards

pls confirm whether it is under CMDA.i have told that only DTCP gives g+2 in 20 f road (as per clause 1.5 times road width).in CMDA for g+2 you need min 9 metres road width. i think avadi is under CMDA.you can check for avadi in CMDA website
    CommentQuote
  • Does premium FS1 for ordinary building apply for a 20 feet road.
    CommentQuote
  • Sir,

We purchased land in Kaspapuram, Agaram, Chennai -73 (Near Tambaram) under CMDA approval.

Planning to construct house there. We finalized a builder & planning to get construction approval through him, but he inimiated that it will cose Rs.70,000 to move this as we need to get approval from Panchayat & Panchayat union.

Please advice here how to proceed.

Regard,
    Dhanalakshmi Kalanjiam
    CommentQuote
  • selaiyur land

Hi dhanalakshmi may i know whats the land cost over there because iam looking for land near selaiyur and agaram . Ur reply will help me a lot
    CommentQuote
  • how to get approval for unapproved land in chennai

how to get approval for unapproved land in chennai, porur , gerugambakkam,

Land area 2400 sft please guide me.
    CommentQuote
  • You have to shell out some money (officially and unofficially) to get the Approvals .One of my friend had spent close to Rs.60000/- to get approval for construction of his G+1 house on 800 Sq.ft plot at Rajakilpakkam.

Originally Posted by DhanalakshmiK
    Sir,

We purchased land in Kaspapuram, Agaram, Chennai -73 (Near Tambaram) under CMDA approval.

Planning to construct house there. We finalized a builder & planning to get construction approval through him, but he inimiated that it will cose Rs.70,000 to move this as we need to get approval from Panchayat & Panchayat union.

Please advice here how to proceed.

Regard,
    Dhanalakshmi Kalanjiam
    CommentQuote
  • Has anyone built a house on a 500 Sq ft plot in Chennai?

I read about the new rule allowing house construction on 500 Sq ft. in Chenai. Is it still the same rules for offsets (5 feet all around) and FAR? Any rules re height and number of storeys? Ideally I want to built an 1800 sq ft individual home - multiple storeys OK - but not sure if this is allowed.

Would love to hear from people who have actually built houses on such plots in Chennai (or anywhere).
    CommentQuote
  • Constructing a Stilt + 2 house , by an individual

Hello All,
    I would like to have an expert advice here.

We have an ancestral land in main chennai city of size 80 x 30 , out of which an old house of size 40 x 30 and remaining is vacant land .

I want to construct a house in vacant land of 40 x 30 and i am planning to construct a house with Stilt + 2, as i dont want to have a parking problems in future.

I would like to know, will it be considered as 2 floor house / 3 floor house.

Now i am not sure, if CMDA would approve it , if i go with this plan. I am reluctant because, i am not willing to show it as an apartment here. i want to show it as my own house.

Can someone . guide me thorough and help me understand what would be the best approach.

Thanks..

I want to construct a house in vacant land of 40 x 30 and i am planning to construct a house with Stilt + 2, as i dont want to have a parking problems in future.

I would like to know, will it be considered as 2 floor house / 3 floor house.

Now i am not sure, if CMDA would approve it , if i go with this plan. I am reluctant because, i am not willing to show it as an apartment here. i want to show it as my own house.

Can someone . guide me thorough and help me understand what would be the best approach.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote