Last updated: June 20 2016
28 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Chennai What is the Procedure to Get Approval for Constructing a House

Originally posted by vpsureshkumar View Post
    Dear Abk,

Thanks for the info and numbers. I want to get a plan approved for G+2 in Thirumullavoyal, Chennai. The approval has to be obtained from Avadi municipal. So does this approval can be a DTCP approval. I inquired from CMDA and they told that G+2 cannot be build for a 20 feet road. I read from the DTCP websites that approvals has to go through the municipal. DTCP does not deal directly from the public.

Regards
    pls confirm whether it is under CMDA.i have told that only DTCP gives g+2 in 20 f road (as per clause 1.5 times road width).in CMDA for g+2 you need min 9 metres road width. i think avadi is under CMDA.you can check for avadi in CMDA website

Comment

Does premium FS1 for ordinary building apply for a 20 feet road.

Comment

Sir,

We purchased land in Kaspapuram, Agaram, Chennai -73 (Near Tambaram) under CMDA approval.

Planning to construct house there. We finalized a builder & planning to get construction approval through him, but he inimiated that it will cose Rs.70,000 to move this as we need to get approval from Panchayat & Panchayat union.

Please advice here how to proceed.

Regard,
        Dhanalakshmi Kalanjiam

Comment

selaiyur land

Hi dhanalakshmi may i know whats the land cost over there because iam looking for land near selaiyur and agaram . Ur reply will help me a lot

Comment

how to get approval for unapproved land in chennai

how to get approval for unapproved land in chennai, porur , gerugambakkam,

Land area 2400 sft please guide me.

Comment

You have to shell out some money (officially and unofficially) to get the Approvals .One of my friend had spent close to Rs.60000/- to get approval for construction of his G+1 house on 800 Sq.ft plot at Rajakilpakkam.

Originally posted by DhanalakshmiK View Post
              Sir,

We purchased land in Kaspapuram, Agaram, Chennai -73 (Near Tambaram) under CMDA approval.

Planning to construct house there. We finalized a builder & planning to get construction approval through him, but he inimiated that it will cose Rs.70,000 to move this as we need to get approval from Panchayat & Panchayat union.

Please advice here how to proceed.

Regard,
              Dhanalakshmi Kalanjiam

Comment

Has anyone built a house on a 500 Sq ft plot in Chennai?

I read about the new rule allowing house construction on 500 Sq ft. in Chenai. Is it still the same rules for offsets (5 feet all around) and FAR? Any rules re height and number of storeys? Ideally I want to built an 1800 sq ft individual home - multiple storeys OK - but not sure if this is allowed.

Would love to hear from people who have actually built houses on such plots in Chennai (or anywhere).

Comment

Constructing a Stilt + 2 house , by an individual

Hello All,
                  I would like to have an expert advice here.

We have an ancestral land in main chennai city of size 80 x 30 , out of which an old house of size 40 x 30 and remaining is vacant land [40 x 30 ].

I want to construct a house in vacant land of 40 x 30 and i am planning to construct a house with Stilt + 2, as i dont want to have a parking problems in future.

I would like to know, will it be considered as 2 floor house / 3 floor house.

Now i am not sure, if CMDA would approve it , if i go with this plan. I am reluctant because, i am not willing to show it as an apartment here. i want to show it as my own house.

Can someone . guide me thorough and help me understand what would be the best approach.

Thanks.
                  Last edited June 21 2016, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X