What is market value in & around Thiruporur / Siruthavur area?What is the scope for future development in this area?

There are few plots available near to CM farm hourse; Guideline - 600 psf. What would be the best value for buying?

Some happening I know on this area:

Recently Govt annouced 1500 acre Japaneese SEZ setup in near by area (next to CM's Sruthavur farm house); have they started that work?
    Proposed Asia's largest International cricket stadium
    Proposed flim city or land allocation for flim socity people by ex CM
    Akshya is planning for big project in Thirporur
    OMR road extension from Siruseri to Mahabalipuram (going to happen???) If so, how it will be handled in Kelambakkam and Thiruporur junctions as they are very narrow
    Any other housing projects planned beyond Thirporur?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.Any other housing projects planned beyond Thirporur?

Thanks.
Read more
39 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • i dont think rates are less comparing with kelambakkam :(
    But still there will be issues with daily commute... Please note even for investment you should think as a end user
    CommentQuote
  • You are on the dot easyr2omr. People make the mistake of invesing in far off places, saying it is only for investment.
    CommentQuote
  • @radnats,

What about people who invested in Gurgaon during early 2000? Were they mad to invest so far away from Delhi?

I used to work in Gurgaon, there were only townships, super malls and office buildings. No neighborhood shops. I was suffering from severe cold, but there was no medical shop around, not even "petti kadai" in eyesight.

Public transport was non-existant, I've seen some rusty scary looking bus run by Haryana state government occasionally but people generally use cycle rickshaws and cars.

My company had a transport service division to ferry employees from their homes to workplace.
    Everyone relied on that. If I work late, I'll just come down and inform the helpdesk I need a car to take me home at this particular time and they'll arrange for pick up.

Gurgaon story:
    http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/the-gurgaon-story-a-mirror-to-india-s-growth-111106
    CommentQuote
  • @Love4land
    Yes agreeing with what you quoted.. I mean to say that prices of plots both in kelabakkam & thiruporur varies just 200psft... supposing that one purchase a land of 2400 sft, the variation in price will be only around 5 lakhs extra he/she needs to put more... In this scenario for sure the ROI will be more in kelambakkam after 5-8 years down the line...
    CommentQuote
  • After siruseri there is no job opportunity place. People will not prefer even kelambakkam to stay. There are empty apartments in Lotus pond of Vijay shanthi.Forget about thiruporur for next 5 years.

OMR expansion after siruseri will take minimum 5 years
    CommentQuote
  • What is the land price in and around Kelambakkam. Any good layout in the area worth considering for investment ?
    CommentQuote
  • The price varies a lot. It varies from 30 lakhs per ground (couple km inside, with average access roads) to 70 lakhs per ground (near OMR).
    CommentQuote
  • 70 lacs or around that seems very expensive for Kelambakkam. In Navalur, just before the toll gate, less than a Km from OMR, Arihant is selling DTCP approved plots for around 60-65 lacs per ground. You should be able to find approved plots in Sholinganallur for less than a crore.

In my view, Kelambakkam makes sense only if its a lot cheaper.
    CommentQuote
  • I bought land in Arihant's Greenwood City in Navalur during their launch last yr. The current base price is 2600 per sq ft + other charges which would make it closer to 70 lakhs. But they only have plots which are not that vasthu compliant. I already enquired them. Further actual distance is more than 1.5 KM from OMR. Further, they told they would be pricing Phase 2 (expected to be launched later this year) at around 3000 per sq ft +other charges.

I have looked at many plots in Navalur personally last month. Most of roads in Navalur are very narrow. 10-20ft.

Sholinganallur has already crossed 1 Crore per ground for plots in decent location with good road widths.

Most of plots in Kelambakkam are in 40 lakh range. But they would be either far from OMR or have very narrow roads. Very few areas in Kelambakkam are expensive in 65-70 lakh range. Ones on Veeranam road, ones near Chettinad Hospital & OMR that have road width > 30ft.
    CommentQuote
  • Dracula,

As Kannan has rightly pointed out, prices of plots vary based on how far they are from main road, width of road and surrounding locality. You can get plots in semmenchery for 30 lacs per ground but comes with risks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebirds43k
    After siruseri there is no job opportunity place. People will not prefer even kelambakkam to stay. There are empty apartments in Lotus pond of Vijay shanthi.Forget about thiruporur for next 5 years.

OMR expansion after siruseri will take minimum 5 years

Japnese township and SEZ is coming up near Siruthavur village. It may attrack workers in that area.

Akshay is has palanned for a big mall & township in Thiruporur.
    CommentQuote
  • Possibility of Japanese township coming up is as dim as possibility of financial city coming up in Sholinganallur. There is no special incentive for such a project to come up in middle of nowhere, unlike SEZ projects like SIPCOT Siruseri & Oragadam.
    CommentQuote
  • If i were to construct immediately, i will rule out buying anything beyond Kelambakkam for now, unless and until there is something dramatic happens in terms of industrial employment in thiruporur and areas bordering thiruporur.

Yes Chennai is expanding on OMR, but i believe whatever real estate activity is happening till kelambakkam by itself will take care of the needs of housing requirements.

You can still buy plots at thiruporur and even beyond, but i don't think you will have a good quality of living if you plan to live now and infact even kelambakkam is not good if you want a good quality of living.

Mud Passion
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    Possibility of Japanese township coming up is as dim as possibility of financial city coming up in Sholinganallur. There is no special incentive for such a project to come up in middle of nowhere, unlike SEZ projects like SIPCOT Siruseri & Oragadam.

Please read below links.

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : TN partners Ascendas, Japan consortium for Rs 3,500-cr township

1,500-acre Japanese township to come up soon on OMR - Times Of India

http://www..com/forums/showthread.php/24989-OMR-Japanese-Township-on-1500-Acres
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mudobsession
    If i were to construct immediately, i will rule out buying anything beyond Kelambakkam for now, unless and until there is something dramatic happens in terms of industrial employment in thiruporur and areas bordering thiruporur.

Yes Chennai is expanding on OMR, but i believe whatever real estate activity is happening till kelambakkam by itself will take care of the needs of housing requirements.

You can still buy plots at thiruporur and even beyond, but i don't think you will have a good quality of living if you plan to live now and infact even kelambakkam is not good if you want a good quality of living.

Mud Passion

I am betting my investment for 5-8 years down the line; not for immediate construction.

Even now OMR is not preferred place for living with family; mostly bachelor people from North / new joinees to IT companies have occupied this place on rental basis. 70% people working from OMR are travelling from inside city only.
    CommentQuote