Please can anybody clarify me the Maximum or the minimum height of the compound wall and with respect to which level the height is been measured.-Both for CMDA Master plan-1 & DTCP rules.

1.CMDA Master plan -1 DCR says the height shoudl not exceed 1.5m but from which level we have to measure the 1.5m is it from formed ground level inside the site or the average level of the abutting road is not clear.
The same criteria for and any rules for DTCP on the compund wall.?

Please could anybody throw light on this.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Does CMDA plan have height specs for compound wall? I am surprised. The space to be left on 4 sides is more important than height of wall for sure!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Does CMDA plan have height specs for compound wall? I am surprised. The space to be left on 4 sides is more important than height of wall for sure!

They do and this is to prevent a 10 feet compound wall preventing ventillation to the neighbour which is the major reason for setbacks(space to be left on sides).
    take point of reference of your plinth beam as the 0 level.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    They do and this is to prevent a 10 feet compound wall preventing ventillation to the neighbour which is the major reason for setbacks(space to be left on sides).
    take point of reference of your plinth beam as the 0 level.

Thanks for the info. Incidentally there are houses with zero back side gap in erstwhile chennai. These essentially are 20feet backdrop to one's compound. So these rules are as usable as many rules in Chennai are!
    CommentQuote