My regards to all.

I am hunting for residential plot at Selaiyur, Sembakkam and Rajakilpakkam area to build a house for me.

At most times I find a favourable plot surrounded by already built houses but which does not has patta and called as gramanatham.

I request answers from relatively experienced people in this forum
for these regions while I have following queries.

1. What documents has to be checked and mandatory for gramanatham land before buying
2. How safe it is to buy land without patta
3. Can we take patta induidually after purchase
4. Is the Plan approval valid without patta

Request answers for the above from the forum members and would be pleased to know.
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear Udhai,
    I went through similar experiences when I was trying to buy a land to build my house. Many owners/brokers claim they have patta and the papers are clear but when you request from them they cannot produce and give all sorts of reasons. Based on my experiences, make sure the land has patta, adangal and chitta. Gramanatham land do not have patta and you will land in big trouble trying to get a patta from the taluk office. Even changing the patta to my name (patta transfer) is a big hassle but this cannot be avoided. Without the patta and land approval from CMDA or DTCP you cannot apply for loan and to sell later you might find rejection for people. To build a house you need to get land approved and building approved. You have to get all this ready so that in future you are not at the dead end if you want to mortage or sell you property. Please remember not to buy lands without patta. That is a very important document on the land ownership. I am also trying build my house and in the midst of trying to get approvals and patta transfer. So much of hassle.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by udhai
    My regards to all.

I am hunting for residential plot at Selaiyur, Sembakkam and Rajakilpakkam area to build a house for me.

At most times I find a favourable plot surrounded by already built houses but which does not has patta and called as gramanatham.

I request answers from relatively experienced people in this forum
    for these regions while I have following queries.

1. What documents has to be checked and mandatory for gramanatham land before buying
    2. How safe it is to buy land without patta
    3. Can we take patta induidually after purchase
    4. Is the Plan approval valid without patta

Request answers for the above from the forum members and would be pleased to know.

please differentiate between grama natham and natham poromboke.gramanatham is private freehold land equal to a patta land but you will not get approval for anything commercial
    NATHAM means residential,whereas natham poromboke is public(govt) land
    grama natham private land has no problems but many banks hesitate in giving loans to it.this is because of misinformation.
    you can consult a VAO in this regard he will guide you properly.I have built a house on grama natham land and availed loan from LIC (1997)
    CommentQuote
  • Dear abk,
    So can patta be issued for gramanatham land (private and govnt) . What would be the evidence of owning that land.

Regards
    Suresh Kumar
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear abk,
    So can patta be issued for gramanatham land (private and govnt) . What would be the evidence of owning that land.

Regards
    Suresh Kumar

pattas will not be issued, and for govt land they are the owners you cannot buy govt land unless govt allots as in assignment pattas, only for 3 cents.
    gramanatham will have regd documents which can be verified with the revenue records with the VAO
    CommentQuote
  • New Patta application procedure and Docs needed

Dear Suresh and abk,
    Thanks for your reply and interest on my thread.

I was waiting and expecting replies from more members with
    such kind of experiences.

It would be great that you both or other experienced people
    in the forum can give awareness about New Patta application procedure and the list of necessary documents needed and claimed at the patta office. Can be specific to areas like Selaiyur, Sembakkam and Rajakilpakkam.

Many may suggest that I should go for only approved lands and should be ready to pay more. I feel this should be due to uncertainities in patta and
    CMDA approval. We need full awareness about these procedures.

This awareness can make us to realise the genuine lands which we can
    aquire at reasonable rates and proceed for the claim of documents.
    I feel this can be a way for reducing inflation in RE as many of us know that agents keep a big profit margin on approved lands.

Again I request forum members to share the awareness on
    New Patta application procedure and Documents claimed
    in regions like Selaiyur, Sembakkam and Rajakilpakkam.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    please differentiate between grama natham and natham poromboke.gramanatham is private freehold land equal to a patta land but you will not get approval for anything commercial
    NATHAM means residential,whereas natham poromboke is public(govt) land
    grama natham private land has no problems but many banks hesitate in giving loans to it.this is because of misinformation.
    you can consult a VAO in this regard he will guide you properly.I have built a house on grama natham land and availed loan from LIC (1997)

Abk, you are giving very useful information. Keep it up.
    CommentQuote
  • appreciation

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Abk, you are giving very useful information. Keep it up.

Getting appreciation from Natarajg007 is not an easy thing. An appreciation from him is very precious. -abk- deserves appreciation for his valuable details and Natarajg007 has given it in no time.

ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote
  • Gramanatham to Patta to Plan Approval to Building approval

Hi,
    I again thank all for the responses.

I had done some enquiries at Taluk office and
    I understand series of steps to be done as below.
    I had explained the action and put my questions in it.

Request all to make comments or corrections on this.

1. Verification of Gramanatham registry
    -Check for the name of the current owner in the Registry at Taluk office.
    Is it OK if even the names of previous owners found?

2. Apply for SLR
    What is SLR?
    Can it be treated as proof for Ownership?
    What alternative document possible for Ownership?
    -Not sure of duration from application to Issue

3. Apply for patta
    -Not sure about criteria

4. Apply for Plan approval
    Can this be done without patta

5. Building construction
    What are Mininum documents or approval needed
    for a building construction?

6. Approval for Constructed building and Violation clearance
    Are there any penalty option for building violations
    if we are contrained to build out of regulations?

Also please comment if the order above can be differrent.
    Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Udhai...could you post the builders who sell lands/houses in Selaiyur/Rajakilpakkam areas. what is sq/ft rate in these places.
    CommentQuote