Dear friends
I used to see Free Ads paper to know the price quotings in RE section.
In june 2008 one person has quoted price for 2200 sq.ft land with 1800 sq.ft building with all amenities Rs.85 lacs. This house is not sold for the last 7 months.In january 2009 1st week he quoted Rs.82 lacs. This week he has quoted Rs.80 lacs.
Moreover, i can see many advertisement repeating for the last 7 months. From this we can know that property sales has come to standstill. And there is considerable price correction. Even though sellers are reducing the price slowly there are not any takers.
Thanks
chataara
Read more
266 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Chatara, This is exactly what I am telling you for long. Prices falling is your claim. I dont agree. Jobs going...True. Prices falling...Not really...atleast as yet. Prices differ with streets with even the position of the house in the street. Unlike what Wisey would say, RK Salai is one thing and a side road is a terribly different thing (though I as a person with property will also like the price in Arcot road and in the side road to be same like Wiseman! LOL!).
    So if price in Kundrathur or whatever can move between 400 and 900 then in this same board some clowns who were WIsey's henchmen were complaining about my pricing in Urapakkam. Now the place I am talking about is very well developed. Go another km and there is a different game.
    All I can tell u in summary Chatara is. Prices have not fallen one bit yet... atleast not in LIVEABLE places. Just that the neighbourhood where plots were never saleable had inproper permissions are being sold with NOMENCLATURE (Naming) changed.
    It seems to be a Namakarma ceremony in progress in RE.

Dear Nataraj

Here is the link for surya nagar. http://www.leohousing.in/festival.html

Leo housing is quoting Rs.895 per sft in surya nagar.

In the adjacent layout if one person wants to sell his plot for

Rs.400 per sft, will you not accept that price is falling Mr. Nataraj?

If cat is closing its eyes world will not become dark...

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chataara
    Dear Nataraj

Here is the link for surya nagar. http://www.leohousing.in/festival.html

Leo housing is quoting Rs.895 per sft in surya nagar.

In the adjacent layout if one person wants to sell his plot for

Rs.400 per sft, will you not accept that price is falling Mr. Nataraj?

If cat is closing its eyes world will not become dark...

thanks

chataara

chatara only leo housing has quoted this price.the price of that area is not worth 200/psqft. it is nandambakkam and has nothing to do with kundrattur
    i have visited nadambakkam many times on my way to sripermbandur.
    there are not many layouts in that area.
    the layouts of reputed promoters are always priced at an high rate.
    plots in kundrathur are available @ 600/sq ft(peak rate). this is in mehta nagar and star city,where lot of houses and schools are there.
    you can even find layouts advertising for 850/sq ft in venkatapuram (off the road from sigaperumal koil to orgadam) wheras you get plots at 170/sq ft.
    layouts have made fool of many.
    it is a silly concept buying a housing plot away from habitation,they should be called farm lands instead.
    and many have already told far of places will crash.this is not news
    tell us if any plots or houses in good localities are going for a song
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend

In villivakkam on hundred feet road plot rate was 1 c while it was peak time. Now you can get a ground for less than 75 L.

Thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend

In villivakkam on hundred feet road plot rate was 1 c while it was peak time. Now you can get a ground for less than 75 L.

Thanks

chataara

Wait for 6 months. It may come to Rs 50L
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friends,

When there is no demand for Realty, the buyer can be reluctant, but seller cannot be idle.

because his money is dumped in land as dead investment. If the amount invested is in crores and if it is not giving anything in return the seller has to certainly make clever calculations.

If it is lying for long period he cannot hold on to it for ever. He has to sell it at frustrated price. Only time will solve this puzzle...

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
    But their writing style is quite different.
    ... and their views are always in opposite directions.
    thanks
    chataara

Dear friend,

Both of them are guys with a lot of knowledge/informations/experiences which if shared on continuous basis, (of course avoiding bad words usage at times by any one or both), will benefit the members and guests to a very great extent. Short and crisp messages are most welcome from them.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

Both of them are guys with a lot of knowledge/informations/experiences which if shared on continuous basis, (of course avoiding bad words usage at times by any one or both), will benefit the members and guests to a very great extent. Short and crisp messages are most welcome from them.

ks2071746

Dear friend

Yes.

But both of them are suddenly disappearing in this forum.

We need their voice in this forum because their voice is

unlike (the great comedian) Rajini's voice who will give voice during

election time.

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend

Yes.

election time.

thanks

chataara

Dear Friend,

Yet another similarity- both of them look to be well to do and having made good returns in their endeavours either in RE or in any nother field/area. They look to be very careful and plan well in their investments in their own way, may be different from each others.

ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend

Yes.

election time.

thanks

chataara

may be they are bored, and i see them as unsucessfull both have opp views on RE. they are unable to change anybody's mindset on this forum.
    the bears are still bears and the bulls are still bulls and the moderates like
    abk and KS--- are still moderate.
    i think we all join with a mindset and are trying to stick to it.
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend

Yes.

election time.

thanks

chataara

Maybe they both are the same?
    Multiple Personality Disorder? LOL! ;)
    Wiseman's language - smileys + aggresiveness = Nataraj's language!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newboy
    may be they are bored, and i see them as unsucessfull both have opp views on RE. they are unable to change anybody's mindset on this forum.
    the bears are still bears and the bulls are still bulls and the moderates like
    abk and KS--- are still moderate.
    i think we all join with a mindset and are trying to stick to it.

Dear friend,

I do not tend to disagree with you.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Lets stick to profitable topics, shall we? :)

Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

I do not tend to disagree with you.

ks2071746

Discussing Nats and me (nope Gone_mad, we are quite different; he does not have my English :)) is a useless occupation.

Does not benefit any of you. So, lets get back to RE and other things that will affect RE.

Btw, someone was discussing Marans coming to RE. Whats the surprise? Most Politicians come from Rural/Semi-Rural background and are not exactly city-bred "modern" people (mind you these have their own set of issues, so I'm not praising one and putting down the other).

Its ancient tradition that bulk of money is usually put into land and jewellery - both solid wealth holders.

Every politician of this kind has bulk of his money in land, jewellery and cash in benami names. Look at the Gowdas in Karnataka. The whole NICE issue is about aligning the road so that it passes on or close to their land so it booms in value and they rake it in. So, whats the surprise?

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Discussing Nats and me (nope Gone_mad, we are quite different; he does not have my English :)) is a useless occupation.

Does not benefit any of you. So, lets get back to RE and other things that will affect RE.

Btw, someone was discussing Marans coming to RE. Whats the surprise? Most Politicians come from Rural/Semi-Rural background and are not exactly city-bred "modern" people (mind you these have their own set of issues, so I'm not praising one and putting down the other).

Its ancient tradition that bulk of money is usually put into land and jewellery - both solid wealth holders.

Every politician of this kind has bulk of his money in land, jewellery and cash in benami names. Look at the Gowdas in Karnataka. The whole NICE issue is about aligning the road so that it passes on or close to their land so it booms in value and they rake it in. So, whats the surprise?

cheers

they are the few politicians who also have huge white money(tv channels))

as i said they would have invested 70% black money and 30%(which is guideline value) from their businesses . now they will sell flats or plots and show huge profits and convert their black into white (off course taxes minus and subject to ability to sell)
    cute idea isn it.
    see one more reason that RE is the best place to park BM
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman

cheers

Well Wiseman certainly you cant be me! As for English, I am surprised you consider yours worth mentioning. As for brains ofcourse you wont want to compare your feathered brain with mine. Anyway I agree with you that you are someone lost in the world far away from me! Cheers.
    CommentQuote
    Dear friends,

When there is no demand for Realty, the buyer can be reluctant, but seller cannot be idle.

because his money is dumped in land as dead investment. If the amount invested is in crores and if it is not giving anything in return the seller has to certainly make clever calculations.

If it is lying for long period he cannot hold on to it for ever. He has to sell it at frustrated price. Only time will solve this puzzle...

thanks

chataara

You are missing out who the seller is. Seller is not the IT guy or the silly speculator. Seller of RE which means big stuff, minimum grounds in the city or maybe acres outside are holding land as INVESTMENT. In the long run they easily get much better returns than anything else, no need to pay tax until u sell it and so on. 20 to 30% is common. So unless he needs money desperately he wont sell it. Finally sellers are not EMI payers. I am talking about genuine big sellers. So flats being bought as an asset is stupidity, land being ACQUIRED as an asset is sense.
    CommentQuote