hi folks, any one of you have any idea regarding price of agricultural lands near uthiramerur ??? Is it ideal to invest on long stretches of remote land near uthiramerur, is there any possibility for land price for such land increasing in 5-10 years into the future ?
Read more
41 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • God bless you. Maybe in the next few years if food becomes an issue you can farm the land and sustain your life.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not buy any thing now
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • karthi899911 months ago
      Any reason why ur suggesting not to buy?
  • Thank, ur right market seems volatile now.
    CommentQuote
  • GOD Bless you,Thank you for your quick response

There are many things to sustain ones life, people are more concerned about air and water, food also is a concern with people moving into organic food.Thanks for pointing out,besides agriculture is one of the cleanest business to do, I love gardening, never tried commercial farming though.

I take this response as positive one indicating it is not worthwhile to invest in such properties.

There are though a few concerns, the prime properties like Thiruvanmiyur, Sholinganallore etc., except for the heart of chennai llike Mylapore and Rayapuram were all aggriculture lands, today no one would believe if I say that Thiruvanmiyur was once famous for medicinal plants and very dangerous snakes. The entire beach area of Bessant nagar was just with pine trees. I dont see any one doing aggriculture in Bessant nagar today.

India is an agriculture land I dont think food will be of any issue any in the near future, even if it happens I already have a terrace garden which gives me enough vegetables for household use:-).

Any technical advice on the availability, cost and any implications will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Plusminus,

Do not take it seriously.
    CommentQuote
  • Food Security To Nation At Great Threat

Dear All,

Agriculture has been neglected for looong time,more people have migrated to cities,more plots has been promoted out of previous agri lands,our country is in grave danger of food security.even when vegetables sell at 20-50 rs in cities , the poor agriculturist gets not more than Rs2 to Rs.3 per kg.only middleman make money. thereis no youngsters coming forward to take agri as their profession.all agricuturist want their children to study and go for jobs.only when a agricuturist is able to have 3 square meals and decent living is assured people will return to agri. the next generation thinks that they can promote their agri lands and make lot of money and can we import for 100 crore people? we dont even have port facilities to handle such large imports. national river integration should be the top priority of the government. but our Govts realise only after it is too late to do anything. if the same neglect continues and agri lands becomes plots at the current rate in another 5 years the price of rice will be 500 per kg and vegetables also like that. we may earn 25000 or 50000 but can not fill our stomacks. more people will have money but they can not buy cereals or vegetables and they will fight with each other to buy food.

GOD SAVE INDIA AND THE WORLD
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by plusminus
    hi folks, any one of you have any idea regarding price of agricultural lands near uthiramerur ??? Is it ideal to invest on long stretches of remote land near uthiramerur, is there any possibility for land price for such land increasing in 5-10 years into the future ?

low priced plots in and around uthiremerur are doing well even today
    (1/2 ground panchyat appvd(unapprvd) at 50000 to 90000)
    the land price there in proper uthiremerur ranges from 20l/acre to 1c/acr in the town(within muncipal limits) areas around uthiremerur 5-15 kms range from 5 L /acre onwards.
    if you buy at these prices 5-10 L /acre it will definitely give good returns in medium term 5-7 years
    areas to look for
    on the chinglepet road near meenakshi polytechnic,kanchipuram road etc
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your response. It was very informative ,gives me the complete picture and was very helpful, thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • "Plusminus,Do not take it seriously."

Natarajg007,
    I know u said that with good intentions. ur right, market is volatile now and wont be good time to invest.thanks for your comments and I am a welcomer of negative comments since they could be life savers. thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by badrig
    Dear All,

Agriculture has been neglected for looong time,more people have migrated to cities,more plots has been promoted out of previous agri lands,our country is in grave danger of food security.even when vegetables sell at 20-50 rs in cities , the poor agriculturist gets not more than Rs2 to Rs.3 per kg.only middleman make money. thereis no youngsters coming forward to take agri as their profession.all agricuturist want their children to study and go for jobs.only when a agricuturist is able to have 3 square meals and decent living is assured people will return to agri. the next generation thinks that they can promote their agri lands and make lot of money and can we import for 100 crore people? we dont even have port facilities to handle such large imports. national river integration should be the top priority of the government. but our Govts realise only after it is too late to do anything. if the same neglect continues and agri lands becomes plots at the current rate in another 5 years the price of rice will be 500 per kg and vegetables also like that. we may earn 25000 or 50000 but can not fill our stomacks. more people will have money but they can not buy cereals or vegetables and they will fight with each other to buy food.

GOD SAVE INDIA AND THE WORLD

Well we cant change the Indian foreign (or) domestic policy made by our government individually, but could make a difference as an individual citizen.

If u have just 10 square feet of space available in your house/flat that gets a little sunshine, you could grow about 10 tomato plants, you will get enough yield which is necessary for at-least 4-6 months, well a small plastic bag packed with earth and the seeds you get from tomatoes u use in your kitchen and prompt watering, a no investment solution, also the plant cleans the air. Even if you are using 1/4 Kg tomato a day in 3 months you will use ~ 20kg of tomatoes, even if the price of tomatoes are just 5/kg you save rs 1000/- out of nothing. So you wont need to bother whether tomato price is rs5 (or) 50/kg.

Drops of water make an ocean. Now if every citizen uses just 5-10 sq.feet of sunlight receiving area of his house to produce tomatoes, just how many acres we would have cultivated through out Indian homes. Complete organic solution.

If it will be nearly impossible to persuade even 5% of the population to resort for such solutions which costs absolutely nothing, how much can we effect Indian foreign (or) domestic policy by just arguing???

"Stop talking - Start doing - IBM" :-)
    ___
    CommentQuote
  • Meanwhile any one knows procedure for converting agricultural land into residential land ? Is it possible ? (or) is it just a policy decision of the government (or) can we register an agricultural land as residential???

Any insight will be really helpful, thanks
    CommentQuote
  • You can convert if it is Type II. We have to apply to DTCP
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    You can convert if it is Type II. We have to apply to DTCP

zone conversion is not a problem in DTCP areas as in CMDA.you can register it as you wish as long as you pay the stamp duty and tea charges.but regst alone will not convert the zone of any land.you can directly apply for a subdivision or layout to the local body/DTCP(if area > 1/2 acre)and get the desired approval.i gather that you are trying to develop a layout. if not dont worry go ahead and register as such.

natraaj007 what is type II please enlighten.i thougth it was your type bcoz you are natraj007 type II LOL
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by plusminus
    "Plusminus,Do not take it seriously."

Natarajg007,
    I know u said that with good intentions. ur right, market is volatile now and wont be good time to invest.thanks for your comments and I am a welcomer of negative comments since they could be life savers. thanks.

Hi, there are two guys writing. One is me, Natarajg007, other is a dummy set up by the famous bearcartel headed by Wiseman. His id is Nataraajg007. Note the two "aa"s in his name. So dont confuse the two persons. I told you GOD BLESS U, since development in Chennai is a function of LUCK. So while you are right about Tiruvanmiyur there are many other parts of Chennai which have not developed much over years. Anyway your call, all the best.
    CommentQuote
  • Type II is semi agri land. Type I is pucca agri land
    CommentQuote