Land - 2250
    Construction - 700 sqft -8 yrs before from the time of buying
    800 sqft 1.5 before from the time of buying
    Madipakkam i believe is not appreciating much these days
    At the time of buying there were luxury/deluxe flats in the city/even in
    Velachery * 30 -35L
    But now such flats are costing 60 -75L
    And i feel madipakkam is a bit far to go & live

When i was trying to buy I was told that the life of Flat is not for a long duration. Even in the flat i was living 22 yrs old they used to give water 15 mins twice a day So i was not comfortable to buy at that time. Probably these flats with modular kitchen and continuous supply of gas , etc will be good even for 100 yrs

Is it good to sell the house now and buy a flat But am unable to imagine where from i will pump in money Also the party should be willing to pay up the loan running in the bank

Pls suggest

Re : general doubt

Originally posted by deepa View Post
    hi
    I bought a house New Kuberan Nagar Madipakkam ;41L IN 2007
    Land - 2250
    Velachery * 30 -35L

When i was trying to buy I was told that the life of Flat is not for a long duration. Even in the flat i was living 22 yrs old they used to give water 15 mins twice a day So i was not comfortable to buy at that time. Probably these flats with modular kitchen and continuous supply of gas , etc will be good even for 100 yrs

Is it good to sell the house now and buy a flat But am unable to imagine where from i will pump in money Also the party should be willing to pay up the loan running in the bank

Pls suggest
    Only an absolute idiot will sell his ONLY HOUSE / LAND (I assume you have ONLY this property!) and buy a FLAT.
    Secondly land appreciates, building depreciates. Thirdly if you want to have better modular kitchen fit one into your house or rebuild your house if you so desperate for MODERNITY.
    Only time when you sell house and buy flat is if you need money and want to move down the SOCIAL Ladder.
    Even Wiseman may not be foolish to sell his house and Buy a flat! ROTFL.

Comment

hi
      Land - 2250
      Velachery * 30 -35L

Pls suggest
      This is not the right time to sell as it may fetch lower prices. Madipakkam is not a bad place to live and will definitely go up in the next couple of years.
      Better to hold on to your property.

ks2071746

Comment

hi
        Land - 2250
        Velachery * 30 -35L

Pls suggest
        first when you are not sure about the funds dont even think about it.

once you have the means then decide on your priorities in life and decide the location.living means so many things to so many people and nobody can give a general argument as to whether house is better or aflat.
        the point is ,your priorities in life decide the sutability of the home you need.

Comment

Deepa,
          Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have go vicinity. Pls advise.

Comment

Deepa,
            Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have good vicinity. Pls advise.

Comment

Originally posted by vpsureshkumar View Post
              Deepa,
              Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have good vicinity. Pls advise.
              Ground water in so many parts of Madipakkam is deemed to be not suitable for usage of mankind by the Government authorities.

Comment

USe a softener and make the water potable!!

Comment

rather than spending on tons of softners (yes) one could spend less money on tanker water.

Comment

Originally posted by gone_mad View Post
                    Ground water in so many parts of Madipakkam is deemed to be not suitable for usage of mankind by the Government authorities.
                    Dear friend,

But, Madipakkam is a fast developing area where a lot of people buy flats/ individual houses/duplex houses etc. Also nearer to airport, IT companies?

ks2071746:p

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X