Land - 2250
Construction - 700 sqft -8 yrs before from the time of buying
800 sqft 1.5 before from the time of buying
Madipakkam i believe is not appreciating much these days
At the time of buying there were luxury/deluxe flats in the city/even in
Velachery @ 30 -35L
But now such flats are costing 60 -75L
And i feel madipakkam is a bit far to go & live

When i was trying to buy I was told that the life of Flat is not for a long duration. Even in the flat i was living 22 yrs old they used to give water 15 mins twice a day So i was not comfortable to buy at that time. Probably these flats with modular kitchen and continuous supply of gas , etc will be good even for 100 yrs

Is it good to sell the house now and buy a flat But am unable to imagine where from i will pump in money Also the party should be willing to pay up the loan running in the bank

Pls suggest
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by deepa
    hi
    I bought a house New Kuberan Nagar Madipakkam ;41L IN 2007
    Land - 2250
    Velachery @ 30 -35L

When i was trying to buy I was told that the life of Flat is not for a long duration. Even in the flat i was living 22 yrs old they used to give water 15 mins twice a day So i was not comfortable to buy at that time. Probably these flats with modular kitchen and continuous supply of gas , etc will be good even for 100 yrs

Is it good to sell the house now and buy a flat But am unable to imagine where from i will pump in money Also the party should be willing to pay up the loan running in the bank

Pls suggest

Only an absolute idiot will sell his ONLY HOUSE / LAND (I assume you have ONLY this property!) and buy a FLAT.
    Secondly land appreciates, building depreciates. Thirdly if you want to have better modular kitchen fit one into your house or rebuild your house if you so desperate for MODERNITY.
    Only time when you sell house and buy flat is if you need money and want to move down the SOCIAL Ladder.
    Even Wiseman may not be foolish to sell his house and Buy a flat! ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
    hi
    Land - 2250
    Velachery @ 30 -35L

Pls suggest

This is not the right time to sell as it may fetch lower prices. Madipakkam is not a bad place to live and will definitely go up in the next couple of years.
    Better to hold on to your property.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    hi
    Land - 2250
    Velachery @ 30 -35L

Pls suggest

first when you are not sure about the funds dont even think about it.

once you have the means then decide on your priorities in life and decide the location.living means so many things to so many people and nobody can give a general argument as to whether house is better or aflat.
    the point is ,your priorities in life decide the sutability of the home you need.
    CommentQuote
  • Deepa,
    Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have go vicinity. Pls advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Deepa,
    Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have good vicinity. Pls advise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Deepa,
    Since you have house in Kuberan Nagar, how is the area and surrounding. Does it have water logging? How is the ground water and does it have burning smell. Does it have good vicinity. Pls advise.

Ground water in so many parts of Madipakkam is deemed to be not suitable for usage of mankind by the Government authorities.
    CommentQuote
  • USe a softener and make the water potable!!
    CommentQuote
  • rather than spending on tons of softners (yes) one could spend less money on tanker water.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    Ground water in so many parts of Madipakkam is deemed to be not suitable for usage of mankind by the Government authorities.

Dear friend,

But, Madipakkam is a fast developing area where a lot of people buy flats/ individual houses/duplex houses etc. Also nearer to airport, IT companies?

ks2071746:p
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

But, Madipakkam is a fast developing area where a lot of people buy flats/ individual houses/duplex houses etc. Also nearer to airport, IT companies?

ks2071746:p

Hell yeah!

But you guys just know the pros of madipakkam.
    Here we go about the cons :-
    Velachery bypass, Vijayanagar bus depot, Velachery Metro, 80 feet road connecting GST road, OMR CONNECTIVITY are the attractions of that area and I think I have written about 'em all in one of my posts.

2400 sq.ft land was being sold for 55L flat rate until last year.
    These days, AFAIK, the brokers are now willing to make a bargain, but not so huge as 20% or more. depends on how serious the buyer is... and there are plenty of lands around.

I visited the place thrice during the end-november and start-december weeks just to see how the area looks like during that heavy rain. And believe me, It was damn ugly and I will never buy a land in that area even if they sell it for 30L per ground.
    Just google 'madipakkam ram nagar flood' and check out the first blog result - It showcases a rainy day with beautiful pictures.
    Not all areas in Madipakkam is bad, but most of them are.
    If it is Ram Nagar South, sorry I can't comment it, you need 24X7 room freshners, repellents and dust blockers to avoid the garbage burning smell and associated dusts and diseases of course.

Check out sulekha and 99acres for the current prices in that area.
    FYI, I started my land search and finally zeroed in to Madipakkam last year before I wrote the first post here (pre-rainy season decision :D)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    rather than spending on tons of softners (yes) one could spend less money on tanker water.

Dear friend,

This is what most people normally do. Please remember, there were days, a few years back when one could see hundreds of water tankers entering Chennai from all directions when the lakes went almost dry and the wells also lost the water levels. I still get reminded of the traffic jams in Tambaram entry with hundreds of water tankers queuing up at the check point. The rain God and Andhra Govt. ( Krishna water ) have been kind enough to help Chennai with rain/water.

ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote