Hi,

What is the current rate in the above areas for new/old flats ?

Rgds,
RC
Read more
33 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rc123123
    Hi,

What is the current rate in the above areas for new/old flats ?

Rgds,
    RC

Better log into property web sites which may give most details of area, nearness to important places, how old etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Cost in mylapore

The flat rates in mylapore PSF costs around 8000 to 9000 Rs where as for an old flat(10 years) 6000 Rs.

Regards
    KarthickJ
    CommentQuote
  • This reply is not to criticize your comments. In my experience, these sites have agents quoting very high rates. Even if you could find an individual buyer with mouthwatering quote, the location would play a spoilsport. This forum is a better place to get first hand information on buyers who already have experienced or tired buying in such places. For example, I had been trying to buy a property in Annanagar, Moggapair and Kilpauk areas in December. So I would have the latest rates in these areas. However there is a possibility that there could be realestate agents posing as buyers in this forum. But this forum is much better than the mentioned sites.
    CommentQuote
  • Mylapore prices

Originally Posted by karthickj
    The flat rates in mylapore PSF costs around 8000 to 9000 Rs where as for an old flat(10 years) 6000 Rs.

Regards
    KarthickJ

The rates indicated by you seem to be very low? For both new ones and 10 years old flats?

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • You bet KS you are right. I dont think a new flat in Mylapore is available for anything short of Rs 15K psft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by omatunto
    This reply is not to criticize your comments. In my experience, these sites have agents quoting very high rates. Even if you could find an individual buyer with mouthwatering quote, the location would play a spoilsport. This forum is a better place to get first hand information on buyers who already have experienced or tired buying in such places. For example, I had been trying to buy a property in Annanagar, Moggapair and Kilpauk areas in December. So I would have the latest rates in these areas. However there is a possibility that there could be realestate agents posing as buyers in this forum. But this forum is much better than the mentioned sites.

Oma... This is a discussion forum not a price forum. Also as you said RE agents can be there in this forum also! SO dont imagine something is right or wrong without finding it out yourself. As far as I know prices in 99acres, etc are guidelines. Now agent, individual or whatever, price is based on demand and supply not by squirming bears or by rampaging bulls. GOt it?
    CommentQuote
  • Your price look too high GoccaMocca

Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    Prices in Mylapore is 20k/psft. If you do RE math then you will know you can buy a good flat for 60L (2000 sft).

What r these guys smoking. At the price the agents above are discussing the prices are more than London/New York/Tokyo

Come back to earth guys.

GoccaMocca,

Let me get this straight. You are telling me that land price in Mylapore is 20k per SFt?

Dude, that would put a ground at 4.80 crores!!! That itself would be Tokyo and London prices - especially after they have fallen like they have.

I'm trying to sell some prime land in Mylapore and am getting only around 2.50 (full white) to 3.00 crores. And that is after the FSI/FAR increase by 33%. I've never seen quotes above these levels even at the height last year when FSI/FAR was at 1.50.

Can you find someone who can actually deliver at 20k per SFt? I doubt it. But you could give my ID to anyone and he/she can get in touch. Please let me know if there are serious players with cash in hand.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Now cash is the king. No one has cash in crores to spend on buying flats
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Now cash is the king. No one has cash in crores to spend on buying flats

Agreed. But now the Banks are coming to the help. The ROI has come down to 9.5% levels and it may go down to 7.5% levels by April 09, that is the ROI as was available during 2005. Of course, the buyers may have to put in own margin money of about 25 to 30 % now against the earlier 15 % or so.

ks2071746:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    Prices in Mylapore is 20k/psft. If you do RE math then you will know you can buy a good flat for 60L (2000 sft).

What r these guys smoking. At the price the agents above are discussing the prices are more than London/New York/Tokyo

Come back to earth guys.

And why do you think it should not be more than Tokyo and London especially with the archaic laws in Madras which allows FSI of 1.5 to 2 for simple buildings. Finally in Bombay the prices are twice to four times this number. Wake up Gocca. The truth is by going to US with some silly degree from Bharat college which might today be even called a Univ, and picking up some cents you cant suddenly become richer than the famous lawyers of Mylapore. Take care.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    GoccaMocca,

Let me get this straight. You are telling me that land price in Mylapore is 20k per SFt?

Dude, that would put a ground at 4.80 crores!!! That itself would be Tokyo and London prices - especially after they have fallen like they have.

I'm trying to sell some prime land in Mylapore and am getting only around 2.50 (full white) to 3.00 crores. And that is after the FSI/FAR increase by 33%. I've never seen quotes above these levels even at the height last year when FSI/FAR was at 1.50.

Can you find someone who can actually deliver at 20k per SFt? I doubt it. But you could give my ID to anyone and he/she can get in touch. Please let me know if there are serious players with cash in hand.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Okey Wisey I got your price quote here. Anyway answer my main question of where in Mylapore. If it is Chitrakulam I think 2.5cr is too much. My sastrigal of 1970s-90s owns a street house there and he bought it for 15K in the early 80s by borrowing loans from folks including my BIL. We once went to see a street house, pretty spacious like this in late 80s for some 3L. It was large, but a typical street house. We did not touch it. There was another beautiful independant house in the late 80s for 4L but one of the inheritors was insane and we did not want complications. So if you have land in Boatclub or in CP Ramaswamy road it is different.
    BTW as one not interested in settling in MDS having lived the later part in Bangalore, I consider Mylapore as a slum with small roads. I do know it has got Madrasi vintage view but well Malleswaram is heaven to Mylapore in terms of congestion and crowd. In other words Madras land prices at those so called old fame places are not rising rapidly. So if in Mylapore the price went up 25 times using your own figure (I know price in a good place in Rangachari road was 10L in 1988 accurately) in the last 20 years, prices in places like Tiruvanmiyur, prime areas in Kottivakkam, Palavakkam, areas along Arcot road, have all gone up 100 times. That is what happens in the long run. Prime areas remain prime but not as the only prime areas. So if I have to chose a place in Mylapore to one in Kottivakkam, even the price being half is a big benefit, though in 1988 Kottivakkam was an outskirt and only Mylapores existed.
    So your 2.5C to 3C is just too good for you and if it is in Chitrakulam you are the biggest CON RASCAL in town. Come on speak up buddy.
    CommentQuote
    GoccaMocca,

Thanks in advance.

cheers

BTW you say "I'm trying to sell some prime land in Mylapore and am getting only around 2.50 (full white) to 3.00 crores. " What else do you expect? You think Mylapore is the end of the world. Since you claim to be in Bangalore, in 1980s only places known in BLR were Malleswaram and Jayanagar. In late 80s early 90s Indiranagar got the same value though it was a desolate place in the 80s (and before you fart Wiseman, I must mention I used to travel to NAL for training in 1982 for a couple of weeks and it was OUTSKIRT!). Then in mid to late 90s Koramangala became big stuff. Today's migrant Madrasi's like you take rental accomodation in Electronic city and if you want closer to MG ROad come to Kagdaspura.
    BTM layout in 1987 where a relative had a house was super outskirt. TOday the price there and in Malleswaram are not too different at best 50% lower. So dont imagine your Mylapore property will always have the 10 times lead over Kottivakkam.
    Incidentally in 1988 when in Mylapore the price of land was 10L in Palavakkam it was 1L and today the ratio is about 1:1.5 or 1:2 depending on your place. In other words the deal I get for sure in Palavakkam is 1.5C but I ask for 2C+ as I will sell only to one who wants my good place which has all the right documentation and is a good neighbourhood. Now in Mylapore the price is your 2.5C to 3C and that is good places there. So where is the difference in view between us.
    If you call me a BULL you are SUPER BULLISH in YOUR WANTS. Just that you talk BEAR CRAP and yet want to SELL AT HIGH PRICES.
    I am talking facts that prices will go up in the medium term and asking sellers like you to hold on. However if my Palavakkam marches from 1.5C to 2.5C your Mylapore might go only from 2.5C to 3.5C and so the march will be much lesser in terms of percentage.
    Hope you learn your mathematics before you speak next time.. and btw dont buy Wren and Martin for mathematics (ROTFL infinitely!).
    CommentQuote
  • You are only avoiding, dude ...

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    BTW you say "I'm trying to sell some prime land in Mylapore and am getting only around 2.50 (full white) to 3.00 crores. " What else do you expect? You think Mylapore is the end of the world. Since you claim to be in Bangalore, in 1980s only places known in BLR were Malleswaram and Jayanagar. In late 80s early 90s Indiranagar got the same value though it was a desolate place in the 80s (and before you fart Wiseman, I must mention I used to travel to NAL for training in 1982 for a couple of weeks and it was OUTSKIRT!). Then in mid to late 90s Koramangala became big stuff. Today's migrant Madrasi's like you take rental accomodation in Electronic city and if you want closer to MG ROad come to Kagdaspura.
    BTM layout in 1987 where a relative had a house was super outskirt. TOday the price there and in Malleswaram are not too different at best 50% lower. So dont imagine your Mylapore property will always have the 10 times lead over Kottivakkam.
    Incidentally in 1988 when in Mylapore the price of land was 10L in Palavakkam it was 1L and today the ratio is about 1:1.5 or 1:2 depending on your place. In other words the deal I get for sure in Palavakkam is 1.5C but I ask for 2C+ as I will sell only to one who wants my good place which has all the right documentation and is a good neighbourhood. Now in Mylapore the price is your 2.5C to 3C and that is good places there. So where is the difference in view between us.
    If you call me a BULL you are SUPER BULLISH in YOUR WANTS. Just that you talk BEAR CRAP and yet want to SELL AT HIGH PRICES.
    I am talking facts that prices will go up in the medium term and asking sellers like you to hold on. However if my Palavakkam marches from 1.5C to 2.5C your Mylapore might go only from 2.5C to 3.5C and so the march will be much lesser in terms of percentage.
    Hope you learn your mathematics before you speak next time.. and btw dont buy Wren and Martin for mathematics (ROTFL infinitely!).

You are only avoiding, dude ... And its very plain for all to see :D

cheers
    CommentQuote
    You are only avoiding, dude ... And its very plain for all to see :D

cheers

What am I avoiding you coward? U r yet to mention the street and address. I wont pay 2.5C for chitrakulam, rather wont buy land there. U said radhakrishna salai in another post. Is it next to a slum? In other words I will price it based on the piece. I dont pay piecemeal rate for name like Mylapore. If it is the next piece of land to CityCentre I will then think of giving you the 2.5C white. Not if it is in the middle of a slum.
    So comeon tell us the locality. Mylapore aappams dont matter a bit to me! GOtcha?
    CommentQuote
  • Just to clarify and shorten the discussion, the property i am interested in is at C P Ramaswamy Road and between approx 15 years.

Btw, the psf quoted (as per CREDAI - FAIRPRO) for mylapore by CASA Grande is 12,500 psf.
    CommentQuote