Hi,

What is the current rate in the above areas for new/old flats ?

Rgds,
RC
Read more
33 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Buy it. who stops you if you want to waste your money?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Sirs,
    You are trying to sell your land in Mylapore in crores and compare with London and Tokyo. Does it have beautiful and well paved roads and good amenities like in London and Tokyo. I am not sure if you have seen the development in developed foreign counties. With 3C you can get very affulent and well structured areas and neighbourhood with very beautiful and big house.
    Many a times the costly price of land in Chennai does not reflect a decent neighbourhood with good well paved roads. Chennai has a long way to go to compete with world infrastructure standards
    CommentQuote
  • vpsureshkumar,

Has mylapore got the world class infrastructure or not is irrelevant. This is simply demand and supply equation.

For some, where else would you put your many crores of black money ?

Also, Rich in Chennai earn their daily wages what you and I earn a month in US / UK. Seriously.

Don't take it to your heart !
    CommentQuote
  • There is a difference ...

Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear Sirs,
    You are trying to sell your land in Mylapore in crores and compare with London and Tokyo. Does it have beautiful and well paved roads and good amenities like in London and Tokyo. I am not sure if you have seen the development in developed foreign counties. With 3C you can get very affulent and well structured areas and neighbourhood with very beautiful and big house.
    Many a times the costly price of land in Chennai does not reflect a decent neighbourhood with good well paved roads. Chennai has a long way to go to compete with world infrastructure standards

Suresh,

People like me are agreeing with you that prices do not match facilities (basically unrealistically high) and taking the windfall profits that such prices bring. Me the seller is not the one asking for this price. I'm stating that this is a completely unaffordable level which has to come down. That is why I'm selling asap at whatever price I get (obviously I will try to get the highest I can get).

The likes of Natrajg are saying that such prices are too low. Prices will continue to rise still and run away upward forever. At the same time they are stealthily trying to sell off their land to you so that you are left with the unaffordable debt and they are left with your money (of the future).

In reality both of us are in agreement that prices are unrealistic. I believe that the end has come (at least for a few years from now) for ever-increasing incomes, ever-loosening credit terms from banks and ever-increasing risk-taking ability of people like us. So, as demand falls through the floor, buyers will get wiser and push the distressed sellers into increasing levels of discount. So, we are openly telling everyone that we are sellers and selling in a hurry so that prices don't fall too much before we sell.

At least we are honest in saying and doing the same thing. There are some who are saying one thing and doing the exact opposite. You decide. Who is hoodwinking whom!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Wiseman,
    In your projection, how much will the land price in Mylapore (or your land) will go down to. Do you have any demand for it at present (are buyers seeking to buy your land). Pls let me know.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

What happened to Mr. NAT... Whenever I see Mr. Wiseman's posting I Think of Mr. Nat...
    Hope he will soon give a reply

Thanks
    chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chataara
    Dear friend,

What happened to Mr. NAT... Whenever I see Mr. Wiseman's posting I Think of Mr. Nat...
    Hope he will soon give a reply

Thanks
    chataara

Soory, I lost my other pass word. I will come soon
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear Sirs,

Dear friend,

I agree and endorse your views.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Now cash is the king. No one has cash in crores to spend on buying flats

Somebody like u wont have even a thousand in your hand, so can we sell RE for your sake!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rc123123
    Just to clarify and shorten the discussion, the property i am interested in is at C P Ramaswamy Road and between approx 15 years.

Btw, the psf quoted (as per CREDAI - FAIRPRO) for mylapore by CASA Grande is 12,500 psf.

IF the rate is 12.5K psf and in such projects the FSI is around 3. Even with a price of 2000psft (that is ridiculously high but just to make my point clearer), it will mean that you are spending 10.5Kpsft for the land and since the FSI is 3, the rate of land should be 30Kpsft. However darling Wiseman is not getting that price for his land! Sob Sob. Maybe he is having land in Chitrakulam!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Dear Sirs,

If quality of life is the basis of cost, than Bombay is SHIT, Chennai is not so bad a SHIT, Bangalore is much better especially as price of flats are lesser, but well well. It is not the story. IT is land price which in CHennai and bangalore are almost same except the FSI in Chennai is very very low like in Bombay.
    Now who said more money bought you better life. That is the foolish view of many capitalists. Go to Japan and see the size of the roads. Even the narrow bylanes of CHennai can put you to shame. Dont bother about their expressways, today the NH4 is comparable without doubt. And that holds good for suburbs or Holland. Again small roads. One advantage in Holland though is no crowd. However in Chennai prices go up only with crowd. So Mylapore is always tooooooo crowded than a Urapakkam. But Madrasi thinking is more crowd more I like. (They can gossip more, quarrel more, do they flirt more too nowadays? LOL!).
    Finally dont talk about USA. There they have outsiders money and labour to fund. After all many on this board are slogging their lives for America to grow and throw them out.
    Get your facts right buddy!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Soory, I lost my other pass word. I will come soon

So the phoney wants to act as the original! Cute bastard is Nataraaaaaaj!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Suresh,

People like me are agreeing with you that prices do not match facilities (basically unrealistically high) and taking the windfall profits that such prices bring. Me the seller is not the one asking for this price. I'm stating that this is a completely unaffordable level which has to come down. That is why I'm selling asap at whatever price I get (obviously I will try to get the highest I can get).

The likes of Natrajg are saying that such prices are too low. Prices will continue to rise still and run away upward forever. At the same time they are stealthily trying to sell off their land to you so that you are left with the unaffordable debt and they are left with your money (of the future).

In reality both of us are in agreement that prices are unrealistic. I believe that the end has come (at least for a few years from now) for ever-increasing incomes, ever-loosening credit terms from banks and ever-increasing risk-taking ability of people like us. So, as demand falls through the floor, buyers will get wiser and push the distressed sellers into increasing levels of discount. So, we are openly telling everyone that we are sellers and selling in a hurry so that prices don't fall too much before we sell.

At least we are honest in saying and doing the same thing. There are some who are saying one thing and doing the exact opposite. You decide. Who is hoodwinking whom!

cheers

Wiseman, you mean to say you are Honest Crook? U really make this board hilarious.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    BANGALORE: Will India’s realty giant DLF lead a wave of residential price correction in Bangalore’s upscale apartment market? The company, which
    virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. In a move that surprised many, the rates have been cut to
    Rs 1,850 per sq ft, a price last quoted in 2000.

Gocca, u r posting the same stuff over and over again. What do u gain?
    CommentQuote
  • Unarguably true!

One advantage in Holland though is no crowd.

You missed mentioning RLD, weeds and hot chicks LOL!
    JK
    CommentQuote