Hi All,

I was looking for a land (2400 sq.ft) or independant home in Alwarthirunagar or Valasaravakkam area (near Arcot Road) around June of 2008. The brokers quoted from 90L to 1.2C for a independant home in those areas. It was out of my reach. So I thought of waiting for the prices to reduce.

Anyone knows what is the current rate for 1 ground of Land (2400sq.ft) in those areas?

Should I wait for some more time for the prices to reduce? Any comments?

Also just curious to know if this place "Alapakkam" close to Valasaravakkam is a decent area? Any ideas?

Thanks
kvinayag
Read more
62 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear abk,

Dog eating dog does not happen in Tambaram East area, that too with this builder in the limelight. He is able to make the other builders hold on to the prices till now. How long is a question to be seen. New projects do not come up now. Exisiting projects are getting delyed very much. Under this scenario, this builder, by virtue of his fast and uninterrupted construction progress at his project sites, may be, has so much of money earned so far, may hold on for long. This builder, in any of his projects, even if some flats are not sold, progresses with the construction like any other already sold flats in the project and completes all the flats and keep with him for long periods till a buyer comes and buys at the builders' price. He is not bogged down by the so called downtrend. He holds on with peanut reductions worth not mentioning and also sells his flats. I should accept, his projects are with quality materials and contruction and no compromise made on these. In fact, I took another builder from Chennai, a close relation of mine to one of the projects at differnet stages of construction, and my relative says, the builder referred at Tambaram East, constructs the flats as though they are for his own use with good materials and quality construction.

ks2071746

KS, it is surprising that you are being so ILLOGICAL. Prices as you know and have even mentioned is a function of demand and supply. Unlike Sethugm who is a crazy bear who probably has 10 paise and wants a 10crore property to fall to 10p JUST FOR HIM TO BUY, I dont know why you are so Illogical.
    The truth is prices will fall if the demand drops and supply increases. In Chennai supply is controlled by strong hands. Demand has hardly dropped. Only those who wanted to buy DESPERATELY have sort of pulled off.
    Infact in Chennai and Bangalore PRICES HAVE JUST NOT FALLEN. So will it fall is a matter of conjecture.
    All I can say is whether Wiseman and his bear cartel want prices to fall or not, IT JUST HAS NOT FALLEN PASTING CHARCOAL ON WISEMAN'S SHAMELESS FACE.
    Now there are hundreds of 10paise PITHCAKARANS who want to own the world overnight. So I dont think prices will fall just to please them.
    ABK, your views are very balanced.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    KS, it is surprising that you are being so ILLOGICAL. Prices as you know and have even mentioned is a function of demand and supply. Unlike Sethugm who is a crazy bear who probably has 10 paise and wants a 10crore property to fall to 10p JUST FOR HIM TO BUY, I dont know why you are so Illogical.
    The truth is prices will fall if the demand drops and supply increases. In Chennai supply is controlled by strong hands. Demand has hardly dropped. Only those who wanted to buy DESPERATELY have sort of pulled off.
    Infact in Chennai and Bangalore PRICES HAVE JUST NOT FALLEN. So will it fall is a matter of conjecture.
    All I can say is whether Wiseman and his bear cartel want prices to fall or not, IT JUST HAS NOT FALLEN PASTING CHARCOAL ON WISEMAN'S SHAMELESS FACE.
    Now there are hundreds of 10paise PITHCAKARANS who want to own the world overnight. So I dont think prices will fall just to please them.

I think i have to agree with "Natraj the broker" this time. As he mentioned, i do not see any huge price drop as of yet. People are still holding their properties in order to get the unimaginable price.

On the demand side, i think Nataraj is wrong with his analysis. Yes still there is a huge demand for plots and flats. But ground reality is, no one is buying now. Why? Because they are waiting for price drop. When the price fall, then this waiting can be converted into huge demand.

Buyers think the prices are so high and it should come down. Sellers are waiting for these buyers and at the same time they think they can get the price what they wanted.

Buyers and sellers are just waiting. I don't know how long this waiting period would last. If buyers wait for too long, then obviously it would bring down the price. So price drop is in buyers hand.
    CommentQuote

Hope you eat food ...
    CommentQuote

Hope you eat food but reading your postings does not seem so.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    Hope you eat food but reading your postings does not seem so.

Dear Natarajg007 & sethugm,

Both your comments expressed are not good for the consumption of members and guests of this forum. It will be nice of you both avoid such views/comments.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • KS,

Sure . I will avoid but it was a just reply for the quoted post.

Sorry to all those who want to have decent discussion.

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
    KS,

Cheers.

sethugm, good.

But as long as Nataraj is a member of this forum, this will not stop. Because he is the one who always start abusing everyone instead of giving a legitimate reason/response.
    CommentQuote
    KS,

Cheers.

Dear sethugm,

Thanks. This is the spirit which will make this forum more beneficial to the members and the guests.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    Hope you eat food ...

Are you saying you eat shit? Come on Sethu, by reading posts if you can decipher eating habits then we know what brains you have. Maybe you are trying to graduate from Pisces to Ambhibian? I bet you are not worth more than just the curses you can make and your desperate want to own a bungalow in Mahalingapuram with your 10K salary p.m. COmeon, it is bad for pitchakarans to want such things or maybe change your begging point to a lucrative place! ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
    KS,

Cheers.

Comeon Sethu. YOu are a coward. Either talk logic or stop farting here. Dont try to act coy. Dont ask a stupid question, rather tell us what you eat...Food or Shit? I am not a coward like you. I ask you the straight forward question. Be bold, dont just pray to get a castle with your pitchakaran salary. Gotcha?
    CommentQuote
    Dear Natarajg007 & sethugm,

Both your comments expressed are not good for the consumption of members and guests of this forum. It will be nice of you both avoid such views/comments.

ks2071746

KS ... I am not going to talk politely to crap puking folks like Sethugm. So dont try moderation between such clumsy guys and me. Take care.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by strongsville
    I think i have to agree with "Natraj the broker" this time. As he mentioned, i do not see any huge price drop as of yet. People are still holding their properties in order to get the unimaginable price.

On the demand side, i think Nataraj is wrong with his analysis. Yes still there is a huge demand for plots and flats. But ground reality is, no one is buying now. Why? Because they are waiting for price drop. When the price fall, then this waiting can be converted into huge demand.

Buyers think the prices are so high and it should come down. Sellers are waiting for these buyers and at the same time they think they can get the price what they wanted.

Buyers and sellers are just waiting. I don't know how long this waiting period would last. If buyers wait for too long, then obviously it would bring down the price. So price drop is in buyers hand.

So strong the banned wants to play truce here. You dont know if supply is down or demand is up. You just wanna write here aimlessly. I care for you as much as I care for what I release in the bathroom. So you dont have to be so pleasant to me when you know not what you are writing. Finally your calling me a broker shows the amphibian connection you have with Sethu. ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by strongsville
    sethugm, good.

But as long as Nataraj is a member of this forum, this will not stop. Because he is the one who always start abusing everyone instead of giving a legitimate reason/response.

Correctly said.

Mods have to ban this land broker
    CommentQuote
    KS ... I am not going to talk politely to crap puking folks like Sethugm. So dont try moderation between such clumsy guys and me. Take care.

Dear Natarajg007,

It would be better if any of you communicate through private message facility provided by this site rather than publically exchanging such messages, which any member or guest can read and feel bad reading such bad words usage. I am none to moderate between you guys. I would rather quit this site if I am to come across such messages often, be it from anyone. Regards.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    Dear Natarajg007,

It would be better if any of you communicate through private message facility provided by this site rather than publically exchanging such messages, which any member or guest can read and feel bad reading such bad words usage. I am none to moderate between you guys. I would rather quit this site if I am to come across such messages often, be it from anyone. Regards.

ks2071746

Sorry KS, I dont believe in Buddhism. I talk to you and many others pretty decently, but if someone does misbehave I aint gonna show him my second cheek. I dont believe in Gandhism in Aurangazeb's court.
    PS. BTW, think about it, would Gandhism thrive in the Mughal court or for example with Taliban. Does it even thrive today in India? Incidentally Gandhi is spoken highly for a lot of things. However to me he was an extremely intelligent person. That is why he chose Ahimsa against British. However there is a story that he thought about the Himsa way but concluded it wont succeed against the British. So the same rule cant be applied everywhere.
    PS2. If you want to leave this board, I am sorry, but I cant help it! Got it?
    CommentQuote