I am looking for a plot in Madipakam especially in Kuberan Nagar. Anyone has information about this area like development, water and etc
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If velachery needs 1 boat, Madipakkam needs 2 boats for a family in rainy season
    CommentQuote
  • With current situation, I won't advice you to do so.
    Madipakkam has no drainage, very bad water clogging roads and garbage burning smell (few areas)

Not sure about kuberan nagar, but this is the overall picture
    CommentQuote
  • Boat

Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    If velachery needs 1 boat, Madipakkam needs 2 boats for a family in rainy season

Thats true ..

Probably we can ask the promoter free "Boat park" ..

Cheers..
    CommentQuote
  • Oh my god. It is so bad. Thanks for the info.
    CommentQuote
  • Kuberan nagar is one of the worst area in madipakkam. I'll stay away for next 6 months to see whether prices comes down to practical buying #'s
    CommentQuote
  • What about Polichalur or Anakaputhur area? Any idea.
    CommentQuote
  • Polichalur area was to be taken for airport expansion. But it was dropped due to political pressure. May be after few years, it may be in danger
    CommentQuote
  • In another 15-20 years the Chennai city will be having Boat service in many area. This is due to the rising temperature and the Sea Level increment.
    Think about this too...
    CommentQuote
  • Is that why the land prices are cheaper compared to evan Chrompet. But Polichalur, Pammal and Anakaputhur are heavily populated.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arin_12
    In another 15-20 years the Chennai city will be having Boat service in many area. This is due to the rising temperature and the Sea Level increment.
    Think about this too...

Government is considering allocating 1640 Crore Rupees for building an infrastructure for water flow handling within Chennai.
    Not sure if it will be spent in sub-urban areas.
    and Not sure how much of the 1640C will be "spent" really! ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Oh my god. It is so bad. Thanks for the info.

Water levels were upto 4/5 feet (?!! YA it did) in few places and I saw the rescue action with life savers, boats, people on terrace screaming and all that live.

Just google "madipakkam totally drowned in flood" and check there is a wordpress blog with few pictures.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arin_12
    In another 15-20 years the Chennai city will be having Boat service in many area. This is due to the rising temperature and the Sea Level increment.
    Think about this too...

In another 100 years most of the areas adjoing the sea will be submerged. Marina,cheapauk,Triplicane etc will be in sea
    CommentQuote
  • wow NOSTRADAMUS for you.

Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    In another 100 years most of the areas adjoing the sea will be submerged. Marina,cheapauk,Triplicane etc will be in sea

you think really long term natraaj007 I should compliment you.
    But please remember we all are here to discuss the immidiate effect of the slowdown. pls talk in terms of months max 24 months. longer periods are beyond the scope of this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007

looks like another Yagava munivar.....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madrasi
    you think really long term natraaj007 I should compliment you.
    But please remember we all are here to discuss the immidiate effect of the slowdown. pls talk in terms of months max 24 months. longer periods are beyond the scope of this forum.

Arin was asking in another 20 years? That is why my reply. Read the journals to understand the effect of global warming and sea raising
    CommentQuote