Hi All,

1) What is the prevailing price in the current market (Jan 26, 09) for a ground in Mahalingapuram, Nugampakkam?

2) Does water clog the streets during rainy season here?

3) Any recent sales around here with price that you know of?

TIA
SPAUL
Read more
53 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • where's chennai?

I dont really understand where chennai/chennai economy is put up? i am having a feeling that it's situated in between the earth and heaven, which we call as thirisangu sorgam. everywhere in India the re has crashed, but whereas i dont know on what basis the prices of chennai properties are being quoted. there is no uniformity at all. some ads are being quoted as
    rs.6000/sqft for a property in t nagar whereas another one says it is
    rs.9000/sqft. i dont know where it is going to end. one of the business channels recently televised that INDIA IS GOING BE THE POSITIVE ECONOMY in this crisis. what do they mean by this? I really do not know whether they have told this based on the perception of the people or they have made some research/mathematical work in this.

At this point of crisis itself, we are not able to catch up with the re prices in chennai. when i saw the above info, i am really afraid whether its just going to be constant ununiform prices like this for the days to come?

Can anyone please explain me exactly what is going to happen?

thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • I can help you with what you hear on TV. just goto youtube and search for the same analyst talk 6 months ago on the economy. Compare what he told then with how things actually panned out and you will pretty soon figure out that the so called experts on TV know nothing about what is going to happen. So just ignore them, they know nothing more than common people with common sense can figure out.

So the common sense is that economy is tanking, people losing jobs, land prices were inflated due to easy availability of credit which is now shrinking. The only place for prices to go is way down. simple as that. regarding india being the beacon of hope as its decoupled from the world is another piece of wishful thinking by analysts as India benefited when the world economy was booming so how come it will not be impacted when the world economy is tanking. pretty simple. watch media pundits for entertainment, don't take them seriously.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    Imm cash sale price here is 1c now.

gocca mocca,
    i am willing to pay cash down 1c + 2% commsn immdiately
    pls get me a gnd in mahalingapuram proper.and if u dont have any,
    dont post these crap
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by spaul
    Thanks Arun it helps me to benchmark.

Based on your sale price of 3.3 cr in may 2008 the asking rate as of May 2008 was Rs. 9166/ sq. ft. The current price quoted of me is around Rs. 8333 / sq ft. That's like a 10% reduction in price from May 2008 prices. So the seller is kind of reacting to current market conditions by reducing prices though not sure if its still enough (at least for me)

The price also depends on the exact location of the plot and its advantages. In the same locality or area, the prices may vary widely. For example, as I gather, in Saidapet area, near the Rly. Stn. the price per ground of 2400 sq. ft. is above Rs. 1 cr. where as, a little inside, say 300 metres or so it is about Rs. 80 lakhs, of course, the plot in the main roads fetch more. If it is nearer to the shops in the main roads, they command higher prices.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • My plot in mahalingapuram was closer to the temple on a 30ft road.It was a residential plot with no building.The transaction was immediate,hardly took 15 days.this was in may08.Now the number of transactions has come down,But i dont think anyone can get 1grnd for 1c in mahalingapuram area.this is my view.If there is any land available for 1c pls let me know.I m not joking.
    cheers
    Arun
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arun1288
    My plot in mahalingapuram was closer to the temple on a 30ft road.It was a residential plot with no building.The transaction was immediate,hardly took 15 days.this was in may08.Now the number of transactions has come down,But i dont think anyone can get 1grnd for 1c in mahalingapuram area.this is my view.If there is any land available for 1c pls let me know.I m not joking.
    cheers
    Arun

Dear friend,

I agree. One cannot get a ground of 2400 sq. ft. in the area near temple at Rs. 1 crore. what you sold last year.

ks2071746:p
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arun1288
    My plot in mahalingapuram was closer to the temple on a 30ft road.It was a residential plot with no building.The transaction was immediate,hardly took 15 days.this was in may08.Now the number of transactions has come down,But i dont think anyone can get 1grnd for 1c in mahalingapuram area.this is my view.If there is any land available for 1c pls let me know.I m not joking.
    cheers
    Arun

You know what Arun, if you go and ask Sethugm or Wiseman they will tell u not to buy one ground 2400sqft in your place for 60L, forget about 1c. They think that one day land in your place will go to 5 rupees. Just dont forget Sethugm was spotted begging near the temple you mentioned and Wiseman is the dada of these beggars. So they want to buy land next to yours...ROTFL.
    PS. I agree that price in your locality is nowhere near even 1c and 60L is more than aberration of thought. I wont sell my land in Saligramam for 1c per ground.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    You know what Arun, if you go and ask Sethugm or Wiseman they will tell u not to buy one ground 2400sqft in your place for 60L, forget about 1c. They think that one day land in your place will go to 5 rupees. Just dont forget Sethugm was spotted begging near the temple you mentioned and Wiseman is the dada of these beggars. So they want to buy land next to yours...ROTFL.
    PS. I agree that price in your locality is nowhere near even 1c and 60L is more than aberration of thought. I wont sell my land in Saligramam for 1c per ground.

Yes I had to be a begger for few hours.

On my visit to India/Chennai , Had to meet Nats wife daughter and sister.Natarajg007 was begging in Bangalore on that day.

They requested me to give them a meal in the same way Natarajg007 earns them meal daily.
    So I had to take Natarajg007's role on that day.

Admins , Why dont you ban this perennial begger(PICHAIKARAN Natarajg007) from this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Dai Nataraj naayae

Originally Posted by Natarajg007

Dei Nataraj Naayae.. I was following this forum for about three months now and I have noticed that you are onlu as*hole in this forum who always divert the topic with some useless shit or some name calling.. Dont think that you are only one who can do that. Otha Theyidiya Mayanae.. Ozgunghu Mariyadahiya mathavangalukkum respect kuduka pazhakika.. Otherwise next time it will be even worse..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by goyalla786
    Dei Nataraj Naayae.. I was following this forum for about three months now and I have noticed that you are onlu as*hole in this forum who always divert the topic with some useless shit or some name calling.. Dont think that you are only one who can do that. Otha Theyidiya Mayanae.. Ozgunghu Mariyadahiya mathavangalukkum respect kuduka pazhakika.. Otherwise next time it will be even worse..

goyalla you have been following for three months without joining???
    this is not possible as u cannot view more than a few posts
    i think you are one of the old members in a new avathar.
    welcome kalki!
    BTW why were you afraid of joining for 3 months and how could you keep quiet.
    doesnt gel does it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm

On my visit to India/Chennai , Had to meet Nats wife daughter and sister.Natarajg007 was begging in Bangalore on that day.

Meeting Nat's wife, daughter & sister are possible?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm

They requested me to give them a meal in the same way Natarajg007 earns them meal daily.
    So I had to take Natarajg007's role on that day.

Admins , Why dont you ban this perennial begger(PICHAIKARAN Natarajg007) from this forum.

Sethugm the dear beggar. First learn the spelling of that word before you write your imaginary stories. LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by whatheheck
    I think "Nataraj the broker" has some connection with the Admin. I guess he himself maintains this site.

Anyway this Idiot Nataraj will very soon end up in "Kilpauk Mental Hospital"

Whattheheck you dont have company in your room in Kilpauk? ROTFL
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by goyalla786

Goyalla or Goyan... I dont know whether as Abk said you are some old crap in a new avatar? However why are you telling us about all your pet names? We did not ask for that. Cowards like you trying to abuse me wont make much effect on me, as I know that you guys will not even have the guts to stand in front of me if you face me in reality. On the imaginary net ofcourse LOW CLASS folks like you will throw abuse not realising that by doing that shows what you are and not what others are.
    So please dont waste throwing your personal names on this board. Finally by draggin wife, daughter, sister you will neither get me to get pissed off nor will you prevent me from writing. On the other hand it shows to the world what the moderator of this board is doing and well he will lose potential good writers. KS I cant help you if others throw scum here!
    Finally whatever you want to see of womenfolk related to me, I think you can check it out with your own mother. Got it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    Nataraj, Sell you land for 20L in saligramam. That is the right price. 1c i n mahalingapuram is possible. I am palnning to buy the plot next to george's house.

Gocca I will buy 100 grounds of land if you can get me those in Saligramam across big bazaar for 20L per ground. Take the challenge.
    CommentQuote