Dear friends

Would like to know if deposit paid to the landlord while renting a flat can be adjusted against rent.

I have paid a deposit (10 months rent) while renting the flat 4 years ago-the stipulated 4 year period ends in July. Do I have to pay the rent for the 7 months up to July or can it be adjusted against the deposit.The rent agreement stated a 10% increase in rental every year and all that has been duly paid up till now.

Friends -Urgent advice needed.

Devika
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by devika
    Dear friends

Would like to know if deposit paid to the landlord while renting a flat can be adjusted against rent.

I have paid a deposit (10 months rent) while renting the flat 4 years ago-the stipulated 4 year period ends in July. Do I have to pay the rent for the 7 months up to July or can it be adjusted against the deposit.The rent agreement stated a 10% increase in rental every year and all that has been duly paid up till now.

Devika(quote)

Yes. You can adjust the advance given against the rent to be paid till you vacate. However, you may have to inform the owner about this.

ks2071746Dear friends

Devika(quote)

Yes. You can adjust the advance given against the rent to be paid till you vacate. However, you may have to inform the owner about this.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by devika
    Dear friends

Devika

Do you work on US shifts ;) a serious question on a odd time lol..

For your question, I guess it can be done.
    I would say it is in a way better rather than waiting for the money from the landlord.
    CommentQuote
  • tenant deposit

Dear Senior & Gone mad

The serious question kept me awake -that's the reason for the odd hour.

Thanks for the reply.

Devika
    CommentQuote
  • So this issue made you to be in sleepless night
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    So this issue made you to be in sleepless night

It is natural as one's own money is involved.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    So this issue made you to be in sleepless night

Everybody on this board is not paid by WIseman to write crap like you! They have serious problems and so write here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Everybody on this board is not paid by WIseman to write crap like you! They have serious problems and so write here.

Oh, land pimp is writing bibles.He Lost lot of money on land investment. So became mad
    CommentQuote
    Oh, land pimp is writing bibles.He Lost lot of money on land investment. So became mad

Dear friends,

Such views avoiding bad words are not unpleasant to read by the members and guests. Regards.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote

Oh yaaaa. I lost 100 Billion Dollars. Are you happy? Will you stop writing your crap here?
    CommentQuote