HI All,

I got 18x60 feet land as a gift from my father. Could I able to construct home there? I heard that as per CMDA rule it is violation. The plot is in pudur, Ambattur. We have building in the three side. We have a plan and go for cmda approval. I would like to know abt these before going to approval?
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Could you brief about what kind of violation from government..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by govindchamy
    HI All,

I got 18x60 feet land as a gift from my father. Could I able to construct home there? I heard that as per CMDA rule it is violation. The plot is in pudur, Ambattur. We have building in the three side. We have a plan and go for cmda approval. I would like to know abt these before going to approval?

you can very well get an approval for 18 x 60 = 1080 sq ft.
    no hassles you can contact a planner or architect and get it done
    CommentQuote
  • If house construction is not possible in 18 X 60 size, the lot of houses in chennai slum areas, semi slum areas are to be demolished
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    If house construction is not possible in 18 X 60 size, the lot of houses in chennai slum areas, semi slum areas are to be demolished

Though I do not disagree with your comments, this individual wants to go by the rules so that he does not enter into complicatons later if he wants to sell the property.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • sorry

Originally Posted by abk
    you can very well get an approval for 18 x 60 = 1080 sq ft.
    no hassles you can contact a planner or architect and get it done

sorry
    the minimum extent req is 80 sq m which your site satisfies(the reason for my previous post)
    there is one more clause which req a frontage of 6 m appx 19.5 feet which you dont have hence it will not be approved.

but if you can tell me whether your share was split from a bigger land
    and details regd year of docu and survey number and village
    i will tell you what is possible and not
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    sorry
    the minimum extent req is 80 sq m which your site satisfies(the reason for my previous post)
    there is one more clause which req a frontage of 6 m appx 19.5 feet which you dont have hence it will not be approved.

but if you can tell me whether your share was split from a bigger land
    and details regd year of docu and survey number and village
    i will tell you what is possible and not

It is facing west plot and the length will be 60 feet and breadth is 18. My father has land for 38x60 and i got mine from him. Will give the exact details by monday.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Though I do not disagree with your comments, this individual wants to go by the rules so that he does not enter into complicatons later if he wants to sell the property.

ks2071746

I dont think my answer is inappropriate KS. ACtually rules are made by man and disobeyed and restated by man. One has to be practical.
    CommentQuote
  • I got cmda approval for my 780 sq.ft 20*39 land.. Even less than 80sq.m I got this approval by mentioning that property was less than 80 sq.m due to family partition.
    CommentQuote