Hi,

I am planning to buy a semi-indepent duplex house (2 houses with one common wall in 1 ground land) in perumbakkam. The land area of one house is 1200 sq.ft nad built-up area is 2050 sq.ft. 3 bedrooms with wardrobes/3 bath, 2-living room and a modular kitchen with service area. The house is ready to occupy. All the door has iron gates outside. Even the balcony door. In addition to this the builder has promised me to add inverter and security video phone. This is very near to the medavakkam-OMR road. The builder initially quoted Rs. 3100 psft in october and now we negotiated to Rs.2700 psft which comes to 55 lacs and 2 lacs for Vale added tax (VAT and registration). The house has 2 sump and 2 bores. He has laid the foundation 4 ft above the road and the locality is calm and surrounded by lot of individual houses.

My question is can I go ahead and finish the deal. How good the rental value will be there? I am expecting minimum Rs.10,000. Anyone from perumbakkam area? Your inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    When I visited Chennai in Jan 2008 , I was 'quoted' Rs 45 Lacs per ground in Perumbakkam opposite to Akshaya Signature & adjoining Marriage Hall(which they said belongs to a Cinema Director).

So the land may cost 16-20 Lacs during this recession time and construction cost must be less than 15-16 Lacs.

Put the builders margin as 5 Lacs + Registration (1 to 1.5 Lacs) , It must not cost you more than Rs 42 Lacs(Taking the max in all aspects).

But during this big recession & job losses & salary cuts it would definitely cost less than 35 Lacs.

As its for your own living than the investment , No need to worry right now. Be Happy.

In case if you want to sell the house in the next 5-10 years , You may regret .

Until you decide to sell you will be extreamely happy as there is a fool here who will keep valuating your property in crores/billions.

Congrats for owning a own house. Great .

Sethugm...So you visited Chennai!!!. You have no house in Chennai and you desperately want one for peanuts, RIght? And so you want RE in Chennai to collapse. And you want folks in Chennai to be directed by a fella like u with no idea about Chennai.
    So where are you doing your BEGGING (Pichaikaran) operations to fund your dream house in Chennai? LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks guys...,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Sethugm...So you visited Chennai!!!. You have no house in Chennai and you desperately want one for peanuts, RIght? And so you want RE in Chennai to collapse. And you want folks in Chennai to be directed by a fella like u with no idea about Chennai.
    So where are you doing your BEGGING (Pichaikaran) operations to fund your dream house in Chennai? LOL!

Yes I had to be a begger for few hours.

On my visit to India/Chennai , Had to meet Natarajg007's wife daughter and sister.Natarajg007 was begging in Bangalore on that day.

They begged me to give them a meal in the same way Natarajg007 earns their daily meal .
    So I had to take Natarajg007's role on that day.

Admins , Why dont you ban this perennial beggers(PICHAIKARAN Natarajg007) from this forum.

I am sure that this activity will fetch more netizens to your forum.
    CommentQuote
  • So you were a beggar after all. So you have justified me calling you a Pitchaikaran. So hence forth I can refer to you as PItchai karan right.
    As for your imagination about me. I dont think you have ever travelled out of your place beyond 5km circle. So your comment about Newyork and about Bangalore are in the same light. THE IMAGINARY COMMENTS OF THE PITCHAIKARAN! We dont need those. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    So you were a beggar after all. So you have justified me calling you a Pitchaikaran. So hence forth I can refer to you as PItchai karan right.
    As for your imagination about me. I dont think you have ever travelled out of your place beyond 5km circle. So your comment about Newyork and about Bangalore are in the same light. THE IMAGINARY COMMENTS OF THE PITCHAIKARAN! We dont need those. Thanks.

Yes I were a begger to feed your wife daughter and sister .

You the permanent PITCHAIKARAN...

I have some other good jobs to do. You keep vomitting . Remember someone in this forum telling "A drunken man uses the lamp post for support than illumination" .You use it for vomitting than support.

Bye Bye ...
    CommentQuote

I have some other good jobs to do. You keep vomitting . Remember someone in this forum telling "A drunken man uses the lamp post for support than illumination" .You use it for vomitting than support.

Bye Bye ...

Oh, Nat's wife & daughter have come to Sethugm for life!!!
    CommentQuote

Bye Bye ...

Sethu, you have no idea who I am. Then how come you know whether I am married and better still whether I have a daughter. Ofcourse being inebriated you imagine that and you are telling all as to what you do with the lamppost.
    Sethu if you cant get a woman to marry you, I feel sad for you. However you need to mature from your poverty (both mentally and financially) before you can progress in life. Take care.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Oh, Nat's wife & daughter have come to Sethugm for life!!!

Nataraajg.. So you sent your wife and daughter to Sethugm? ROTFL.
    Now I know why you chose that name! LOL!
    By the way what about your mother, where are you sending her?
    CommentQuote