We don't have roots in Chennai or Bangalore. But when considering to settle in India, which one is better, Chennai or Bangalore given the current RE market?

Which area in Bangalore is reasonable to buy?
Read more
101 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If you need a flat to live in at the cheapest price, and you dont care about UDS of Land then Bangalore is fantastic compared to Chennai. You can get a 2 bedroom flat for 25L in areas which are in 10Km radius from M.G.Road very easily. In Madras you might get 25L flat only in Urapakkam and someguy even sells one in Vayalur which is famous for a Murugan temple but is almost like another country from Chennai.
    CommentQuote
  • buy in chennai if you want to visit pubs or want to say hi to your wife in public on valentine's day... Chennai has real culture...money another issue
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jinga31
    buy in chennai if you want to visit pubs or want to say hi to your wife in public on valentine's day... Chennai has real culture...money another issue

The funniest thing is that those 'sena' guys are the ones who chew panparag and spit all around talk about culture and do nonsense things. These guys are gonna clown around on Valentines day in Bangalore - planning to have the couples they see in road married. LMAO! Freaks :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saravi
    We dont have roots in Chennai or Banglore. But when considering to settle in india, which one is better chennai or blore given the current RE market?
    which area in Blore is reasonable to buy?

If you are an NRI that don't mind spending 10L or 20L more for a same quality / quantity flat, go for Chennai. Bangalore was once a paradise, now it is not.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    The funniest thing is that those 'sena' guys are the ones who chew panparag and spit all around talk about culture and do nonsense things. These guys are gonna clown around on Valentines day in Bangalore - planning to have the couples they see in road married. LMAO! Freaks :)

I do agree what you say but the irony is we dont do anything if the MADRASSAS ban COEDUCATION(they have done now),does that mean all women in COED are immoral .why U,I & V dont condemn it .
    why anything done only by HINDU groups is condemned
    (i am not debating what they are doing is right or wrong)\
    why the congress,the "shabana azmis" and the so called "concerened people about citizen rights" dont raise their voice when anything is done by ISLAMISTS .
    does SECULARISM mean pro islamist & anti HINDU
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    I do agree what you say but the irony is we dont do anything if the MADRASSAS ban COEDUCATION(they have done now),does that mean all women in COED are immoral .why U,I & V dont condemn it .
    why the congress,the "shabana azmis" and the so called "concerened people about citizen rights" dont raise their voice when anything is done by ISLAMISTS .

let me correct you it is pro minority & anti Hindu.
    the minorities can do anything here they can marry four times
    they can give divorce by just saying a word,
    it is vote bank politics and Psuedo secularism.

satanic verses is blasphemy wheras hussain painting saraswati in a vulgar position is freedom of expression
    CommentQuote

Exactly, "Hum panch" is the manthra.
    They do not want common law for civil purpose but like common law for criminal cases.

Why do not they follow shariat for criminal cases also.
    CommentQuote

Madarassas do that for a long time, maybe it is their culture and from the roots. But the newborn(relatively) hindu activist groups tries to do something that is not very common in the Hindu culture. Remember we are from a country that has khajuraho, that has given out kamasutra. but we just forgot everything after a few hundred years of foreign rule. Before someone from Khyber Pass invaded India, before someone from west invaded India, we were in the top of culture and civilization that supported all the so-called-immoral activities, most importantly open about sex and rights for women.
    IMHO, secularism here is just letting go people live by their own virtue.

There is a campaign against these 'sena' guys in bangalore. Just google for 'pink chaddi campaign'. Hope you might have heard by now.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newboy
    let me correct you it is pro minority & anti Hindu.
    the minorities can do anything here they can marry four times
    they can give divorce by just saying a word,
    it is vote bank politics and Psuedo secularism.

satanic verses is blasphemy wheras hussain painting saraswati in a vulgar position is freedom of expression

Agree with you. JUST PLAIN VOTE BANK POLITICS.
    CommentQuote
  • Make the country as HINDU country and that will solve all problems.

Gandhi & Nehru have done the mistake of making the country as secular
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Make the country as HINDU country and that will solve all problems.

Gandhi & Nehru have done the mistake of making the country as secular

Don't agree. Secularism, when practiced in an ethical, non-political, unbiased way, will be the best for a country.

Nataraaaaaj, you talk like 'Naan Kadavul' Rudran - stiff one liners - half of the people won't even understand.
    :D LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    Don't agree. Secularism, when practiced in an ethical, non-political, unbiased way, will be the best for a country.

Nataraaaaaj, you talk like 'Naan Kadavul' Rudran - stiff one liners - half of the people won't even understand.
    :D LOL!

I agree secularism means 'one rule for all'.
    as somebody said shariat for
    civil and IPC for crime is the biggest crime.
    when 'sathi' and child marriage was abolished and was called as a social reform and raja ram mohan roy still is featured in history school books then why not all indian citizens incl muslims should be brought under the ambit of indian civil procedure.this should also bee seen as social reform
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    If you need a flat to live in at the cheapest price, and you dont care about UDS of Land then Bangalore is fantastic compared to Chennai. You can get a 2 bedroom flat for 25L in areas which are in 10Km radius from M.G.Road very easily. In Madras you might get 25L flat only in Urapakkam and someguy even sells one in Vayalur which is famous for a Murugan temple but is almost like another country from Chennai.

Dear Friend,

I don't think you are referring to Vayalur ( also called kumaravayalur ) near Trichy, very famous for the Murugan Temple. Does the Chennai side Vayalur also have a Murugan temple?
    I feel Chennai may be a better place overall for Tamilians as there are very frequent problems cropping up at Bangalore for Tamilians.

ks2071746:o
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    BANGALORE: Will India’s realty giant DLF lead a wave of residential price correction in Bangalore’s upscale apartment market? The company, which
    virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. In a move that surprised many, the rates have been cut to
    Rs 1,850 per sq ft, a price last quoted in 2000.

Dear friend,

I heard somewhere the project may be off?
    It is like selling Idly at Rs. 3 with sambar and chutney by a Star Hotel?

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • it is like "upto 50% off" sale.the 50% disc. item would be worthless?

Originally Posted by GoccaMacca
    BANGALORE: Will India’s realty giant DLF lead a wave of residential price correction in Bangalore’s upscale apartment market? The company, which
    virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. In a move that surprised many, the rates have been cut to
    Rs 1,850 per sq ft, a price last quoted in 2000.

have you checked for other proj in that locality,have you checked other charges,like chennai pattinam,off OMR base price is 1600/- but all incl is 2075/- (a whooping 30% more)
    on one hand we dont trust builders on the other we take their word for it.
    Like OMR is a vast stretch have checked bannerghatta road,where on banner ghatta road??? and in 2000 such far off places were a rarity.
    so on what basis have you said 2000 prices? have you any data to back it up.
    CommentQuote