Chennai Versus Bangalore - Investment Options

Last updated: July 12 2015
103 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Chennai Versus Bangalore - Investment Options

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
    I certainly dont want to discuss about SL and whether it is a genocide or an internicine warfare. Now we talk about tamil blood as if it is written in the blood that it is tamil. Anyway I am least concerned to discuss this.
    However as I said before in Chennai there are many stupid reasons for causing damage and those who feel that Bangalore is bad are typically the pseudo-intellectual who believes that Tamil areas are safer when they actually are not and SL is a typical example.
    BTW I would appreciate if you and your friend Chatara go to SL and help the people there. When the SL president or whatever asked KK and JJ to come over I know how one asked the other to go there and the other went to hospital to enjoy 5 star comforts.
    All these tamil propagandists are just pseudos and to me Bangalore is a much better place than Chennai given that many of these Zealots cant do much of their rubbish in Bangalore.
    I see some truth in your statements.

Bangalore is much safer, industrious, peaceful, calm and well cultured than Chennai. Its progress both commercially and culturally are testament to that.

It is very cosmopolitan as a city, comparable to Mumbai and Delhi. It attracts tourists from all parts of the world and has carved its place on the world map. It is also more temperate than Chennai in terms of weather. It is far superior to Chennai in terms of quality of life.

It has earned a reputation as the pub capital of the country and ranks higher than Chennai in terms of safety.

Youngsters feel safe to engage in intra city travel in the wee hours of the night. It is no surprise that most of the IT majors seek to establish their operations there.

Comment

one point not mentioned in this discussion is rental returns...........
      bangalore will give you better returns...due to presence of migrating population...

Comment

From Real estate perspective , Bangalore may be a higher investment, but if u take the angle of "Culture & heritage" for a person who want to buy for end use , Chennai trumps Bangalore like no other... It has all the required facilities yet retaining the heritage due to its conservative approach towards culture...

Comment

The thread's title is "Investment option"

Therefore I need to stress the point that "in many cases" a location that may not offer the "best life style or quality of life" may turn out to be a great investment opportunity.

Let us take Mumbai for example, one of worst city to live for quality of life say Nagpur or Pune may offer a better quality of life but Mumbai is the best place for Investment.

Kochi Vs Trivandrum. Bhopal vs Indore etc

You can say the same in many countries. Hong Kong worst city to live but RE market is buoyant.

In Australia Sydney is the worst city in the country for quality of life when compared with Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane but Sydney RE is the best.

So my point is - Sometimes the best city that offers top quality of life may not turn out to be winner when it comes to investment.

Coming back to Bangalore Vs Chennai in relation to investment choice, I think Bangalore RE has been in the doldrum for about a decade now while Chennai has been outperforming. Currently Chennai RE stands more expensive than Bangalore due to that good run and Chennai Diversified economy.

Therefore I think it is now Bangalore's turn to perform well in the next few years while Chennai takes a breather.

Comment

I own properties in both location. If it is investment option then Bangalore is far superior to chennai with building location and price as explained by other members take brigade gateway in heart of city in malleshwaram resale apartment is available at 10k to 13k depending on location of apartment. And very good rental yield.
            But living in Bangalore is not that great traffic infra and public service is big issue.... In case of chennai for 10 to 13K u could get a good unit in egmore kilpauk which is very good location however rental yield is less but infra isuch better
            RE overpriced still fancy then 4% yield is must anything less is overpriced

Comment

The rupee’s sharp dip against the U.S. dollar has attracted non-resident Indians (NRIs) to buy property, with realtors expecting an increase of 35 per cent in business enquiries from expatriates this year.

Releasing a paper on “With the rupee riding low against the U.S. dollar, NRIs are looking to accelerate investment plans back home.” The rupee has fallen by about 34 per cent against the U.S. dollar since August 2011.

The survey said that Bangalore is the most favourite property investment destination for NRIs followed by Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Dehradun.

“The Indian property developers are anticipating a 35 per cent surge in enquiries from NRI-based purchasers. The decline in rupee has increased property sales because people want to get value for their money,”.

“It is definitely not good news for people back at home, but for a non-resident Indian (NRI) this is definitely the best time to invest. At the moment any non-resident Indian buying a property in India can save at least 20 per cent on his property value.

The majority of real estate developers said the NRI traffic is coming primarily from the UAE/West Asia region, the U.S., Singapore, Australia, the U.K., Canada and South Africa. The demand is more for high-end property and commercial buildings.

Luxury Apartments for Sale in Chennai

Luxury Villas and Apartments in Devanahalli, Bangalore

Comment

Originally posted by amrutaparab View Post
                The rupee’s sharp dip against the U.S. dollar has attracted non-resident Indians (NRIs) to buy property, with realtors expecting an increase of 35 per cent in business enquiries from expatriates this year.

Releasing a paper on “With the rupee riding low against the U.S. dollar, NRIs are looking to accelerate investment plans back home.” The rupee has fallen by about 34 per cent against the U.S. dollar since August 2011.

The survey said that Bangalore is the most favourite property investment destination for NRIs followed by Chennai, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Dehradun.

“The Indian property developers are anticipating a 35 per cent surge in enquiries from NRI-based purchasers. The decline in rupee has increased property sales because people want to get value for their money,”.

“It is definitely not good news for people back at home, but for a non-resident Indian (NRI) this is definitely the best time to invest. At the moment any non-resident Indian buying a property in India can save at least 20 per cent on his property value.

The majority of real estate developers said the NRI traffic is coming primarily from the UAE/West Asia region, the U.S., Singapore, Australia, the U.K., Canada and South Africa. The demand is more for high-end property and commercial buildings.

Luxury Apartments for Sale in Chennai

Luxury Villas and Apartments in Devanahalli, Bangalore
                The article is riducles. Because Rupee dip against US$ why one has to invest in RE. They can park in Mutual fund and FD, wait for further reduction of RE prices and wait in sideline.

The article is written as if RE is the only option.

Comment

amrutaparab is a marketing leech from the Hira who was suspended/banned recently.

Mods: You may need to the honors one more time or may be once for all!

Comment

Originally posted by shakishaki View Post
                    one point not mentioned in this discussion is rental returns...........
                    bangalore will give you better returns...due to presence of migrating population...
                    True,Chennai does not have migrating population.Even in the IT corridor (OMR) we find only tamilians and only tamilnadu restaruants serving only tamil meals all the time.

Comment

• Re : Chennai Versus Bangalore - Investment Options

I think the Bangalore resale scenario mentioned above is a very one sided perspective. You can always pick prime properties and defend the growth & resale capacity of a city.

But then it becomes the same for Chennai too. In every upcoming area there will be some street which might beat the average sales in that whole area, due to brand or proximity to premium school, hospital etc.

I know friends who owned flats near Hebbal IT Park and sold it for a loss. Some who bought a resale property in a GC for the price of 2011 in year 2013.

The usual GCs in outer ring road suffer the same problem as OMR in terms of resale. Not all properties get premium resales.

Similarly I know few colleagues who struggled selling or renting apartments along Old Airport Road once Airport was shifted. Even now the place is not picking up.

Rentals may be good in Bangalore but that is due to the standardized rental market where the Rental agreements are respected. Also due to FSI rules in Bangalore, building GCs has been more beneficial for builders in Bangalore and also for the owners, because families prefer GCs for rentals.

Also Bangalore has more steady or low price rises due to a stable market, higher FSI and oversupply, unlike Chennai.

So I feel Chennai and Bangalore have pretty similar patterns.
                      Last edited June 22 2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X