We don't have roots in Chennai or Bangalore. But when considering to settle in India, which one is better, Chennai or Bangalore given the current RE market?

Which area in Bangalore is reasonable to buy?
Read more
101 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • chennai or bangalore to settle

Originally Posted by gone_mad
    Agree with you. JUST PLAIN VOTE BANK POLITICS.

Dear friend,

The comments is drifting away to some other subject than the main query of which place is better - Chennai or Bangalore to settle? Let us come back to this subject please.

ks2071746:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by madrasi
    have you checked for other proj in that locality,have you checked other charges,like chennai pattinam,off OMR base price is 1600/- but all incl is 2075/- (a whooping 30% more)
    on one hand we dont trust builders on the other we take their word for it.
    Like OMR is a vast stretch have checked bannerghatta road,where on banner ghatta road??? and in 2000 such far off places were a rarity.
    so on what basis have you said 2000 prices? have you any data to back it up.

this is a human tendency,or simply prejudice.
    if a info suits your viewpoint then it is accepted without question and if it is against your views then we raise hell.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    this is a human tendency,or simply prejudice.
    if a info suits your viewpoint then it is accepted without question and if it is against your views then we raise hell.

Yes Its absolute prejudice.

From a landowners/builders perspective, they see the crore-dream is becoming as day-dream on seeing the decline in price.Huge risk is on the cards if the funds are highly leveraged .He/She tries his best to hold up the price ask the stats on 2000 to back up the data.Does anyone give the data when some claims in Crores ?

From a buyers perspective, Some could buy a first house and some can do some investment & some can do both. Because a house earlier costed him 4 Million now is available for 2 M . He is happy as he need not to go for loan & EMI Burden. He is care-free on EMIs and not worried on job market & recession .Possibly he will thank the recession to have enabled to buy a property to live/investment.As a human nature/prejudice & he will expect the prices to further comedown.

What the builders and promoters will do if the cement prices comes down by Rs 50 per bag. Will they retard to accept ?

The company, which virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. Its the reality and none can still claim the prices are appreciating @ 32 % annually . Atleast for the next 2-3 years it will stagnate around 1850 (+-) 300 in that area due to the liquidity crunch & Job losses.
    CommentQuote
  • it is like "upto 50% off" sale.the 50% disc. item would be worthless?

Originally Posted by madrasi
    have you checked for other proj in that locality,have you checked other charges,like chennai pattinam,off OMR base price is 1600/- but all incl is 2075/- (a whooping 30% more)
    on one hand we dont trust builders on the other we take their word for it.
    Like OMR is a vast stretch have checked bannerghatta road,where on banner ghatta road??? and in 2000 such far off places were a rarity.
    so on what basis have you said 2000 prices? have you any data to back it up.

Hi,

Is there any gurantee that the builder will deliver spotless apartment if you give 2007 sky-high prices ? He is after all doing business to maximise his profit . He is not running any social service . So he will do anything to maximise the profit . Customers can also be cheated not only by RE Guys but also others . When a teacher does not deliver the good education , it literally means that he is cheating the students & he is cheating the Govt / School management & cheating the profession(Those who involved in getting approval for Self-Finance Engg college may know better how greedy the Engg Colleges are in getting the capitation fees & other laboratory & Tuition fees . Some are cheating people on both RE & BE (meant Engg Colleges)) . RE Guys are no exception but occurance is high.

Its the fact that DLF price is Rs 1850 back to year 2000 prices in that location & does not need any back up data .And we cant generalise this Year 2000 prices for all locality . Some may go back to 2002-2004 prices and some can go back to 1998 prices as stated by DLF's Rajiv Singh a week back. But there are remote possibilities that it will go back to 2007-08 sky-high prices atleast for the next 5-6 years .

Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    Yes Its absolute prejudice.

From a landowners/builders perspective, they see the crore-dream is becoming as day-dream on seeing the decline in price.Huge risk is on the cards if the funds are highly leveraged .He/She tries his best to hold up the price ask the stats on 2000 to back up the data.Does anyone give the data when some claims in Crores ?

From a buyers perspective, Some could buy a first house and some can do some investment & some can do both. Because a house earlier costed him 4 Million now is available for 2 M . He is happy as he need not to go for loan & EMI Burden. He is care-free on EMIs and not worried on job market & recession .Possibly he will thank the recession to have enabled to buy a property to live/investment.As a human nature/prejudice & he will expect the prices to further comedown.

What the builders and promoters will do if the cement prices comes down by Rs 50 per bag. Will they retard to accept ?

The company, which virtually single-handedly created Gurgaon, has slashed its rates for an upcoming project in Bangalore’s Bannerghatta Road by a whopping 32%. Its the reality and none can still claim the prices are appreciating @ 32 % annually . Atleast for the next 2-3 years it will stagnate around 1850 (+-) 300 in that area due to the liquidity crunch & Job losses.

Dear friend,

Can we say, the land owners CRORE dreams are becoming MILLIONS or even LAKHS dealings?

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

Can we say, the land owners CRORE dreams are becoming MILLIONS or even LAKHS dealings?

ks2071746

Though I am looking for a property in Chennai , I do not want the builders crore-dream to be reduced to Million-Dream and not definitely further reduced to Lakh-dream . Then i will be looked funny & prejudiced .

What majority of the folks here want is 'value for money' and price to be Inflation adjusted (+- 10 to 15 % ) from Y2K levels which many can afford which win-win for both buyer and promoter.

Because other than the RE prices nothing has improved in terms of infrastructure / habitability in majority of the places. But the prices are sky-rocketing.I can hear possible higher EMI defaults & few not able to sell it now. All these are because of the exorbitant prices.Post 2005 buyers stand to lose heavily due to non-saleability if its acquired through high debt. Why that greediness ? This is the greediness which has fuelled the price escalation & current decline & possible collapse .

Hope for the best..
    CommentQuote
    Though I am looking for a property in Chennai , I do not want the builders crore-dream to be reduced to Million-Dream and not definitely further reduced to Lakh-dream . Then i will be looked funny & prejudiced .

What majority of the folks here want is 'value for money' and price to be Inflation adjusted (+- 10 to 15 % ) from Y2K levels which many can afford which win-win for both buyer and promoter.

Because other than the RE prices nothing has improved in terms of infrastructure / habitability in majority of the places. But the prices are sky-rocketing.I can hear possible higher EMI defaults & few not able to sell it now. All these are because of the exorbitant prices.Post 2005 buyers stand to lose heavily due to non-saleability if its acquired through high debt. Why that greediness ? This is the greediness which has fuelled the price escalation & current decline & possible collapse .

Hope for the best..

Market are there NOT TO PLEASE U Sethu. So if you want 2000 prices then ur salary will also go to 2000 level. (Were you even employed in 2000! and if so were you getting atleast a 4 digit salary?)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Make the country as HINDU country and that will solve all problems.

Gandhi & Nehru have done the mistake of making the country as secular

Shit, you want to propagate Hindutva here? I think Nataraaaj is a perverted clown on this board.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friend,

I don't think you are referring to Vayalur ( also called kumaravayalur ) near Trichy, very famous for the Murugan Temple. Does the Chennai side Vayalur also have a Murugan temple?
    I feel Chennai may be a better place overall for Tamilians as there are very frequent problems cropping up at Bangalore for Tamilians.

ks2071746:o

As a tamilian I feel much better off in Bangalore than in Chennai. Anyway to answer Sethugm/GoccaMocca in the same post, price of flats in Bangalore are extremely low compared to Chennai due to higher FSI in BLR. So dont sell a fake argument about DLF.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Market are there NOT TO PLEASE U Sethu. So if you want 2000 prices then ur salary will also go to 2000 level. (Were you even employed in 2000! and if so were you getting atleast a 4 digit salary?)

Sure .It will not reach 2000 levels but move to 1998 levels.

Definitely you would have been employed in 1984 by the time you came out of ITI you would have got a welder job and added 16 years experience by 2000.Pls avoid benchmarking others salary with your 3 digit salary.

When a person claims buying an 400 sqft house in 1996 and claiming as 'property' I can definitely see your educational and job details.Thats not a property ..your basic need ..house

When did you change your welder job ?
    CommentQuote
    Sure .It will not reach 2000 levels but move to 1998 levels.

Definitely you would have been employed in 1984 by the time you came out of ITI you would have got a welder job and added 16 years experience by 2000.Pls avoid benchmarking others salary with your 3 digit salary.

When a person claims buying an 400 sqft house in 1996 and claiming as 'property' I can definitely see your educational and job details.Thats not a property ..your basic need ..house

When did you change your welder job ?

Your frustration shows the Pitchakaran in you. Bye.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gone_mad
    If you are an NRI that don't mind spending 10L or 20L more for a same quality / quantity flat, go for Chennai. Bangalore was once a paradise, now it is not.

Dear friend,

Overall, Chennai is a better place than Bangalore. About 12 years back, when I was thinking of a flat to settle down after my retirement, I took into consideration various aspects including lower rates in Bangalore and ultimately selected Chennai in view of so many things taken into consideration. Only advantage may be higher return by way of rental at Bangalore than Chennai. Overall expenses will be higher at Bangalore compared to Chennai.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • thanks for the posts..but which area in chennai is better to buy plot max 1000 rs per sq.ft
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend,

Overall, Chennai is a better place than Bangalore. About 12 years back, when I was thinking of a flat to settle down after my retirement, I took into consideration various aspects including lower rates in Bangalore and ultimately selected Chennai in view of so many things taken into consideration. Only advantage may be higher return by way of rental at Bangalore than Chennai. Overall expenses will be higher at Bangalore compared to Chennai.

ks2071746

I will as a tamilian prefer to live in Bangalore anyday over Chennai, even with the fact that I have spent my schooling, B.Tech and some more years in Chennai. In Bangalore Logic prevails, In Chennai Magic prevails.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    I will as a tamilian prefer to live in Bangalore anyday over Chennai, even with the fact that I have spent my schooling, B.Tech and some more years in Chennai. In Bangalore Logic prevails, In Chennai Magic prevails.
    Cheers.

Dear friend,

Often the experience, may be sproidic , once in 2 years or so, by certain, not to be named here, some local group, the fear thought for living in Bangalore always comes to mind. I was even told that Tamilians who have given their flats/houses for rent are often finding some difficulty to collect the rent. This one only made me not to select Bangalore which otherwise is a fine city growing very fast with all facilities.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote