We don't have roots in Chennai or Bangalore. But when considering to settle in India, which one is better, Chennai or Bangalore given the current RE market?

Which area in Bangalore is reasonable to buy?
Read more
101 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    That is the status of Bangalore some deacades ago.

Now Kannadiga fanatics spoiled Banglaore. Rajkumar fans,Nagaraj party attack non kannadigas in every possible way.

Womens' freedom is the latest problem there

Oh ya? And in Chennai they attack anyone without reasons. They stop the entire traffic because someone in SL shot someone else. They stop High Courts because one lawyer was black and the appelant was white!! Come, Madrasis dont have the least sense of humour. Even that is conservative.
    Finally Bangalore certainly keeps restrictions on idiots like you Nataraaaaaaaaaaaaajg, but in Chennai fools like you meander around anywhere.
    First check out if your womenfolk are safe. Because everyday I am told that you brush all the women in the bus shamelessly!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

In this project one may have to put in atleast about Rs. 38 to 40 lakhs for a flat of 1200 sq. ft. all inclusive. Even assuming 2% as rental, the rent expectation may come to Rs. 6500 + per month, which may look difficult now. But, considering that the project may be ready for living by 2010 end, by which time the place may command rental of atleast Rs. 4000 per month, due to locational advantage, the rent is possible with some sort of a little upswing in the market, I did mention this figure.

ks2071746

Rent ikku vidavu veedu vangarathu?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganesan1972
    Hello friends, I am plannng to invest in Doshi builder project in tambaram west, chennai. I do not have much knowledge about this area. Can somebody guide me about this area(old sbi colony, tambaram, west). I am looking at accessibility to transport, education, sanitation, good neighbours and rental value. Please take time off and reply friends.

warm regards
    ganesan

Dear friend

Wait for some time.

For that Price You may a flat in saligramam in a very decent locality.

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Nataraj07 it is not somebody in SL shot somebody. A GENOCIDE is happening right before our eyes. India is a party to that genocide by supplying arms. . It is shameful to be not doing anything about it. But Atlease please do not mock at their sufferings.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

You may even get a plot in saligramam soon as the prices are diving

Originally Posted by chataara
    Dear friend

Wait for some time.

For that Price You may a flat in saligramam in a very decent locality.

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundardj
    Nataraj07 it is not somebody in SL shot somebody. A GENOCIDE is happening right before our eyes. India is a party to that genocide by supplying arms. . It is shameful to be not doing anything about it. But Atlease please do not mock at their sufferings.

Dear friend

If Tamil blood runs in your body, certainly your heart will ache for the suffering of Tamils in SL.

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Thanx Friends! How abt ETA Star

Dear friends, Thanx a lot for overwhelming response to my request. I did get valuable inputs and i will definitely take them into account whilst deciding my investment plan. yesterday i came to know abt eta star project called jasmine court at ayyapanthangal. I have no clue about this area. Can some of our friends clarify their opinion of financial prudence of investing in this area. How is the builder and how good is this area ! Looking forward for your valuable suggestions friends.

warm regards,
    ganesan
    CommentQuote
    Nataraj07 it is not somebody in SL shot somebody. A GENOCIDE is happening right before our eyes. India is a party to that genocide by supplying arms. . It is shameful to be not doing anything about it. But Atlease please do not mock at their sufferings.

I certainly dont want to discuss about SL and whether it is a genocide or an internicine warfare. Now we talk about tamil blood as if it is written in the blood that it is tamil. Anyway I am least concerned to discuss this.
    However as I said before in Chennai there are many stupid reasons for causing damage and those who feel that Bangalore is bad are typically the pseudo-intellectual who believes that Tamil areas are safer when they actually are not and SL is a typical example.
    BTW I would appreciate if you and your friend Chatara go to SL and help the people there. When the SL president or whatever asked KK and JJ to come over I know how one asked the other to go there and the other went to hospital to enjoy 5 star comforts.
    All these tamil propagandists are just pseudos and to me Bangalore is a much better place than Chennai given that many of these Zealots cant do much of their rubbish in Bangalore.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    I certainly dont want to discuss about SL and whether it is a genocide or an internicine warfare. Now we talk about tamil blood as if it is written in the blood that it is tamil. Anyway I am least concerned to discuss this.
    However as I said before in Chennai there are many stupid reasons for causing damage and those who feel that Bangalore is bad are typically the pseudo-intellectual who believes that Tamil areas are safer when they actually are not and SL is a typical example.
    BTW I would appreciate if you and your friend Chatara go to SL and help the people there. When the SL president or whatever asked KK and JJ to come over I know how one asked the other to go there and the other went to hospital to enjoy 5 star comforts.
    All these tamil propagandists are just pseudos and to me Bangalore is a much better place than Chennai given that many of these Zealots cant do much of their rubbish in Bangalore.

Dear friend Nats, Cauvery issue is not resolved yet please don't forget that. You praise Bangalore, good for you. next time the Cauvery issue flares up you are in trouble. Don't come back crying. Chennai may be bad in many things but they haven't hurt any outsider as they do in Bangalore or Bombay.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

I also agree. Chennai is a better place overall.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
    Dear friend Nats, Cauvery issue is not resolved yet please don't forget that. You praise Bangalore, good for you. next time the Cauvery issue flares up you are in trouble. Don't come back crying. Chennai may be bad in many things but they haven't hurt any outsider as they do in Bangalore or Bombay.

One can be hurt in Chennai or Bangalore or Bombay. It depends on your ability to live there. Ofcourse Tamilians living in Bangalore not picking up Kannada will find it difficult; not me.
    In anycase Bangalore is much better a place in general than Chennai. And mind you, I am a Chennaite not some south TN guy! I have lived in Chennai from age of 7 to 21 and even after that in bits and pieces. I choose Bangalore as a better place any day! And Tamil Chauvanists and Kannada Chauvanists are the same piece of shit! So dont worry about me. THanks! ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friends,

nats will stick on to his strong views that Bangalore is a better place than Chennai. May be his experience is different from others. Most of us are guided by what we learn/hear from others, newspapers etc. One also cannot set aside the views from those residing at Bangalore for long that they prefer to live in Bangalore rather than shifting to Chennai. They have their own reasons.
    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Bangalore is mouth watering

When I checked recently with property dealers in Bangalore, I could see some mouth watering valuations.

The valuations were even lower then Chennai. At HMT layout in Vidyaranyapura which is full of trees and greenery, Brigade Group's new apartment Courtyard is available at a good valuation. After seeing this apartment location yesterday I will be an idiot to invest in Velachary in Chennai where roads and road side tea shops are chaos not to forgot water logging.

There is neither water logging or water shortage in HMT layout Bangalore only calm roads, lots of greenery.

Long term potential for real estate investment in Bangalore is better then Chennai given its climate, greenery. Once the Bangalore Metro is in place, even road traffic which is currently Bangalore's only problem will also come down. Fortune awaits for real estate investors in Bangalore, always the best city in India.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • prabhrag1 years ago
      Hi - i am looking to buy a resale unit here, would you remember what was the going rate then?
  • Originally Posted by contra
    When I checked recently with property dealers in Bangalore, I could see some mouth watering valuations.

The valuations were even lower then Chennai. At HMT layout in Vidyaranyapura which is full of trees and greenery, Brigade Group's new apartment Courtyard is available at a good valuation. After seeing this apartment location yesterday I will be an idiot to invest in Velachary in Chennai where roads and road side tea shops are chaos not to forgot water logging.

There is neither water logging or water shortage in HMT layout Bangalore only calm roads, lots of greenery.

Long term potential for real estate investment in Bangalore is better then Chennai given its climate, greenery. Once the Bangalore Metro is in place, even road traffic which is currently Bangalore's only problem will also come down. Fortune awaits for real estate investors in Bangalore, always the best city in India.

I have been telling this that the prices in Bangalore have dropped and Chennai would be forced to follow that. I was given an argument that FSI index was higher and the undivided share you would get was less in Bangalore. I don't beleive in that argument because if prices in Bangalore dropped from 60 lakhs to 40 lakhs (full 34%) the prices in Chennai will fall by the same percentage . The price drop percentage is independent of FSI index.
    CommentQuote
  • Norms change with the times ...

Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    One can be hurt in Chennai or Bangalore or Bombay. It depends on your ability to live there. Ofcourse Tamilians living in Bangalore not picking up Kannada will find it difficult; not me.
    In anycase Bangalore is much better a place in general than Chennai. And mind you, I am a Chennaite not some south TN guy! I have lived in Chennai from age of 7 to 21 and even after that in bits and pieces. I choose Bangalore as a better place any day! And Tamil Chauvanists and Kannada Chauvanists are the same piece of shit! So dont worry about me. THanks! ROTFL.

Firstly, let us get it straight. A substantial part of the chauvinism and the violence and chaos that come with it is the result of the actions of a few fringe elements who have ulterior motives and use other disgruntled elements to create the problem. The specific issue - whether it is ethnicity with the likes of Vatal Nagaraj or the so-called religion-linked behavioral norms with the likes of Mutalik - is merely the excuse for taking action. Even Hitler started World War II by dressing German Jews in Polish army uniform, shooting them and scattering them around a border Radio Station to create the excuse that the Poles had attacked Germany. Of course he miscalculated on the resolve of England and France to back Poland and this led eventually to WWII. In Tamil Nadu, do not forget the Anti-Hindi movement by the DK in the 1960s and 70s. So, it is a problem everywhere.

Secondly, we must also realise that without the tacit acceptance and passive support of the population at large, this fringe cannot get away with it for long. So, there must also be an undelying feeling of disgruntlement within the general ethnic population in terms of jobs being snatched by the foreigner, etc, etc.

We also notice that as time passes, tolerance is declining and these elements are quickly resorting to violence and there is greater tolerance to this kind of violence. It also does not matter if a Tamilian in Bangalore knows Kannada or a Kannadiga in TN knows Tamil well. These are shallow cover and in serious situations can easily fall apart! :(

Finally, it is upto the general population to keep a lid on this by making it clear to these elements and drawing a line by taking tough action. If this is allowed to exist long enough, the "victims" will find the only way out is to arm themselves and retaliate wherein it becomes a catastrophic situation like in the Gujarat situation of Godhra.

Please remember that, while its easy to get carried away by emotions and talk about Chennai being better or Bangalore being one-up, its the responsibility of every one of us to nip it in the bud and ensure that the foreigner is safe, even if we feel upset that he is snatching away our "god-given birthright" to have jobs as son-of-soil. Just remember that, maybe your brother or close friend is also a foreigner in some other part of the world snatching someone else's job! :D

Just some thoughts.

cheers
    CommentQuote