RE business in Chennai collapsing

Last updated: August 17 2009
279 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : RE business in Chennai collapsing

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
    Not asking you to leave, Nats. After al, its everyone's forum. But I'm confused about this flip-flop behavior of yours. Leaving, not leaving.

I recollect last time you did one sob story and said you were leaving for good. Only, it was a case of crying wolf as you were soon back with your "weekend banter" post, a slick way of returning without raising too much of dust!

This time too, you are talking of leaving. Is it for good?

Just asking!!!

cheers
    Dear Wise

I believe, you have to be prepared to get scolded by the great gentleman of this forum.

Thanks

chataara

Comment

Originally posted by chataara View Post
      Dear Wise

I believe, you have to be prepared to get scolded by the great gentleman of this forum.

Thanks

chataara
      Dear friend,

I do not think any one of them is unprepared to face the other.

ks2071746

Comment

Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
        Dear friend,

ks2071746

Dear KS

If the other person is counter arguing it is acceptable.

But, the moment one finds something opposite and gets antagonised means... Its terrible.

btw, I welcome wholesome arguments.

Thanks

chataara

Comment

Dear friend,

I look at the good or reasonable arguments, leaving aside any bad or irrelevant words ?

ks2071746

Comment

Dear friend,

I look at the good or reasonable arguments, leaving aside any bad or irrelevant words ?

ks2071746
            Dear KS

You are like Saint. Only few people who are matured in thinking can behave like you.

Ofcourse, I have to learn many thing from you. First of all, I should keep silent on seeing arrogant words.

Thanks

chataara

Comment

Please don't misunderstand what I said

Dear friend,

ks2071746

All you folks,

If you see carefully, I only asked Nats the reason for this flip-flop. Go, No Go behavior.

I also mentioned that this is everyone's form and am not actually asking him to leave.

In fact, Nats and I are on the same side of the argument! We both want to sell our property. Only thing is, he says to the buyer, buy because prices are going to go up. While I say to the buyer, I'm selling because prices are going to go down!!!

Got it?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                Not asking you to leave, Nats. After al, its everyone's forum. But I'm confused about this flip-flop behavior of yours. Leaving, not leaving.

I recollect last time you did one sob story and said you were leaving for good. Only, it was a case of crying wolf as you were soon back with your "weekend banter" post, a slick way of returning without raising too much of dust!

This time too, you are talking of leaving. Is it for good?

Just asking!!!

cheers
                It looks like you cant feel SECURE if I am writing here! You cant just boast nonsense and get away..right? Sorry Wisey, I will write when I want and when time permits, particularly during weekends. However I dont plan to write regularly. Obviously you are so pained to see me as you cant talk your bear crap continously!
                Finally you are no one to tell me what to do! High time you understand atleast something in life!
                PS. Calling oneself wise shows how debased the person is!

Comment

Insecurity is YOUR middle name

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
                  It looks like you cant feel SECURE if I am writing here! You cant just boast nonsense and get away..right? Sorry Wisey, I will write when I want and when time permits, particularly during weekends. However I dont plan to write regularly. Obviously you are so pained to see me as you cant talk your bear crap continously!
                  Finally you are no one to tell me what to do! High time you understand atleast something in life!
                  PS. Calling oneself wise shows how debased the person is!

Nats,

I was not telling you what to do. I was merely asking you why you are not doing what you keep threatening to do? Maybe its like your behavior of promising to sell to the prospective buyers, only to turn around at the last minute and give some silly reason to back off. That, my friend is true insecurity!

As you can see, there are many on this forum who have benefited from my "bear" talk. I do not see anyone yet who seems to have benefited from your "bull" crap!!! Can you point anyone who has bought on the basis of your advice and actually made some gains with prices going up?

And with some benefit acruing to general public, don't you think I rightfully reserve the right to use the term "wise"? Though its you rather than I who seems to be needled by the term (as you know I never once took any credit for the word! )

Ultimately, my "bear" crap (as you call it) seems to have had more value till date over your "bullcrap"!

Its you who needs to feel insecure.

cheers

Comment

Get your theory right

When I joined the board Nats was, to put it bluntly, abusive. He responded strongly to those who talked of

even teddy bear :-) But I think he has changed a bit, mind you - just in tonality, but he is still a bull. A

bull that is very hard to please.

This board definitely do need a different angle to look at and Nats fits that bill nicely.

In essence, both wiseman and nats could be wrong, just like how few investors are calling this market as

"the sale of the century" and few believe we are heading towards depression. Most of the economists do say

what they believe in, but they are wrong many times than right, let alone wiseman or nats.

In my opinion, both wiseman and nats have got their theory right. But have you ?

From what I glean at from this board, most here want to buy a flat (and very few are looking to buy land

esp. near OMR). We all agree that flats in Chennai are overpriced and builders are ripping people off. Some

builders are lucky to get away with it and some are in distress. A year ago, we all believed such sky high

prices is real and few who bought in 2007 still defend paying upto Rs.5000 psqft (or may be more).

What if the inflation is very high over the next few years and even Rs. 6000 psqft at OMR looks cheap ? For

e.g., Rs. 20 lakshs for a 2 bed flat was costly for me at Doshi Gardens, Vadapalani in 2002, but is it now ?

How do you know whether the RE market has bottomed out ? What is the bottom price ? The market participants

in Chennai could have easily tripled over the past few years, because of the no. of jobs newly created. Over

the next few years, more jobs could get created or re-located to OMR. The builders have better advisers than

you. They will raise the price few months before the market starts picking up, i.e., before you realise

there is an upswing. Expect the builders to change the price overnight. Yes it is their asset after all.

Today, you think that many are worried about their jobs and not RE, mind you - not for all. Learn to look

beneath the surface.

It never pays to bet against the dollar (Warren Buffett) and in India never pays to bet against the RE.

Bizzarre that I do not have any RE asset or (should I say, liability ?)

Thanks,
                    Salim.

Comment

Good different perspective Salim.

What you are saying is what we were and still are witnessing till today in RE.

Prices dont come down at the same speed it went up, rather its not coming down at all at many places.

There are many people who are still buying at the current rates and hoards of people just waiting for the expected 30% correction to plunge in.

This sudden spurt in demand can once again make the builders raise the price every week.It sure is a possibility.

This is what wiseman calls "squeeze and release" within bear period and nataraj calls the final bull run before bottoming out of RE.

Sometimes I feel both are talking the same thing, the only difference that they are in different timeline.Wiseman feels that market has bottomed out and downslide has already began while Nataraj still believes that there is still one or two years for the bottom to appear.

Both are right and wrong at the same time, but they are clear and convinced on what they believe.

Its only the cat on the wall types who dont know whether and when to plunge or not to plunge, which is very risky.I urge them to take an informed decision.

The current reality is market is holding up and stagnating with corrections in speculative areas.Trend will be clear in 3-6 months and by year end we will know what we are facing.

If we see what has changed within the last three four years is the market sentiment.No one buys the story that RE will keep rising forever.Gone are the days when people used to buy a flat within the city on loan, two three plots in the outskirts hoping that it will become crores worth each in five years and they can repay their loan by selling one of them and buy another flat within the city with the other land.

The risk taking capacity has diminished and so is the affordability.

Many realize that things are not rosy as pictured by the government,economist,banks.builders etc as earlier.

Today jobs are not being created but are getting vanished.Lot of the new development that happened was globalization effect.

When RE price will rise again it will happen only because of genuine demand and not because of easy money and mad rush.

If people want to move near to their workplace, they would first evaluate renting than going and buying straightaway.

There is report that 53% of residential space built since 2007 is lying vacant in the metros.Most of them are in these suburbs.So, there is still oversupply and scope and possibility for correction.
                      Last edited April 6 2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X