RE business in Chennai collapsing

Last updated: August 17 2009
279 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : RE business in Chennai collapsing

Dear friend,

Yes. RE investment is to be seen in a long term perspective. In any case, no one will get any lower return than a bank FD.

ks2071746
    Last edited April 23 2009, 01:13 PM. Reason: spell

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
      1000% ROI in 10-12 years that is long term.

What was the cost of 1 acre of land in Perugudi in 1999......What it is now in 2009? Humble farmers who owned acres of land in Perungudi-Velachary are now Crorepatis......I know a government servant who sold some ancestral land in OMR and now travels in a BMW. That is what I meant by Long term.

Similary now if I buy 1 Ground for 95 lacs, in 2024 it could be 10 Crores. That is long term investment. I am 30 now, with that amount and some other investments I can retire at 45.

I have patience. During the journey there could be downs & ups but I won't bother because I will sell only in 2024.

Some people are trying to time the market by making statements like exactly by 2012 RE will correct by 50% ...by 2015 by 80% then they will buy. That is foolish nobody absolutely nobody can time the market...If they can then they should be Bernard Madoff's cousin brother.

Those who invested in 2007 expecting 600% return in 2010 are jokers...I am not talking about them and neither am I interested in such blokes.
      If no one can time the market then no one can predict the returns also.
      How come you are predicting in 2024 it could be 10 Crores.
      Are you Warren Buffet's son?

Famous economist Keynes once said
      "In the Long Run, We Are All Dead"

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post

V.Well Said.People really think money making is so simple.If one buys some property for X and then sell the property in 2024 it will be 10 X.As if it is a linear equation in a mathematical problem.

WHO KNOWS BY 2024 CHENNAI WILL BE UNDER WATER DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING.

Comment

Dear friend,

In the long run, every one will be dead but their investments will live for the sons & daughters to fight and share. If they choose to go to court for resolution, the advocates will the ones to enjoy the properties.

ks2071746

Comment

no one can time the real estate or else everyone would have bought a piece of land in 2003 itself if they knew it will go to this height

Comment

Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
              Dear friend,

In the long run, every one will be dead but their investments will live for the sons & daughters to fight and share. If they choose to go to court for resolution, the advocates will the ones to enjoy the properties.

ks2071746
              yes KS like the udayam property with 58 hiers and deter any prospective buyer and become the staple of bears

Comment

Originally posted by contra View Post
                1000% ROI in 10-12 years that is long term.

What was the cost of 1 acre of land in Perugudi in 1999......What it is now in 2009? Humble farmers who owned acres of land in Perungudi-Velachary are now Crorepatis......I know a government servant who sold some ancestral land in OMR and now travels in a BMW. That is what I meant by Long term.

Similary now if I buy 1 Ground for 95 lacs, in 2024 it could be 10 Crores. That is long term investment. I am 30 now, with that amount and some other investments I can retire at 45.

I have patience. During the journey there could be downs & ups but I won't bother because I will sell only in 2024.

Some people are trying to time the market by making statements like exactly by 2012 RE will correct by 50% ...by 2015 by 80% then they will buy. That is foolish nobody absolutely nobody can time the market...If they can then they should be Bernard Madoff's cousin brother.

Those who invested in 2007 expecting 600% return in 2010 are jokers...I am not talking about them and neither am I interested in such blokes.
                Good one contra. Well I managed to retire (not like many who WANT TO or WISH TO but HAVE REALLY) by 39.
                I hope the folks now understand why I can talk about RE better than the silly foolish bears on this forum.

Comment

]http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/dlf-sells-out-west-delhi-project-after-steppingdiscounts/59190/on[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by BigBear View Post

Big Bear,

If you don't have any hope in mortal life even for long term.....why do you live this mortal life? become a swami or muni and go to himalayas...atleast normal people like us with mortal aspirations can live peacefully and enjoy this lifestyle.

You can go to himalayas...keynes's grand children those firangis will come to you and sing "hare rama hare krishna"

Your Warren Buffet's america will become the next banana republic with crime, lack of any culture, homeless, collapsed currency, hyper inflation.......just wait and watch
                    Last edited April 26 2009, 02:51 AM. Reason: softening of language

Comment

Originally posted by factsandfigures View Post
                      V.Well Said.People really think money making is so simple.If one buys some property for X and then sell the property in 2024 it will be 10 X.As if it is a linear equation in a mathematical problem.

WHO KNOWS BY 2024 CHENNAI WILL BE UNDER WATER DUE TO GLOBAL WARMING.
                      factsandfigures,

your name is an irony in itself..because you are not talking facts and figures, you are simply making silly statements

By the way why do you want to wait till 2024 if you are so bearish on Chennai...now itself you can leave Chennai you are welcome. Atleast Chennai people can live happily enjoying the beaches.
                      Last edited April 26 2009, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X