Collapse

RE business in Chennai collapsing

Last updated: August 17 2009
279 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : RE business in Chennai collapsing

I wish I was being paid as Nats suggests ...

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
    Do you think these Bear writers on this board are paid by Maran? Wiseman may be on their paylist. Beware Land owners, prices are not falling, just that some big hands want to buy them cheap!
    Folks,

I wish what Nats is saying is true and I was being paid by the Marans - though whether I'd like to touch their money is another matter!

That was, not only will I get rich. I will also gain fame as someone who got rich correctly predicting the giant fall in the markets.

I just have to settle for one of them I suppose!!!

And Warning! Beware Landowners, prices are not falling. Wait till after they fall to make sure you lose your shirt and other clothing on you!!!

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sethugm View Post

I hope the only beneficiaries would be the FIIs who got into Indian soil bwn 2002-07 and withdrawn during the peak Jan-Mar 2008 .
      Dear friend

Not only them... As far as chennai is concerned, the farmers who had
      owned many acres of land turned to be crorepathis in a single transactions.

Their waste land fetched them as far as 10 c per acre. In the normal

situation ie., some 4 years back it was going for few lakhs per acre.

I read in Deccan chronicle that these sellers demanded hot cash ... no
      cheque.

Now, the owner of Ambattur clothing factory is willing to sell his ECR road property of 21 acres.

His quote is just 4.75 C per acre. But very experienced consultants in this field says that it is very difficult (Source : Times of india)

This same person wants to sell his boat club road property (9 grounds) for 80 crores. But so far no buyer...

Those who says RE is not crashing has to answer regarding this.

Thanks

chataara

Comment

Originally posted by chataara View Post
        Dear friend

Not only them... As far as chennai is concerned, the farmers who had
        owned many acres of land turned to be crorepathis in a single transactions.

Their waste land fetched them as far as 10 c per acre. In the normal

situation ie., some 4 years back it was going for few lakhs per acre.

I read in Deccan chronicle that these sellers demanded hot cash ... no
        cheque.

Now, the owner of Ambattur clothing factory is willing to sell his ECR road property of 21 acres.

His quote is just 4.75 C per acre. But very experienced consultants in this field says that it is very difficult (Source : Times of india)

This same person wants to sell his boat club road property (9 grounds) for 80 crores. But so far no buyer...

Those who says RE is not crashing has to answer regarding this.

Thanks

chataara
        Cheers Guys Good News

DLF revising the Garden City Price ....(Appreciate DLF...Not Appreciation in RE)

Early bird offer of Rs 2,650 a sq.ft up to May 31.(which was priced * Rs 3200 / SQFT)

http://thehindubusinessline.com/2009...2451031300.htm

According to officials, DLF is “readjusting to market realities.”

When the 53.5-acre project was launched on Old Mahabalipuram Road, about 20 km south of Chennai, a year ago the economic scene and the sentiment in the market were radically different, apart from the costs involved. But now with the slowdown, along with the drop in the cost of construction following the drop in commodity prices, the company is passing on the benefit to the buyers and doing its bit to stimulate the market.

Cheers Guys , Dont fall prey . Be patient & you will be rewarded & you will have ample choice.

Kudos DLF Customers & Thanks DLF for realising the market & caring for your customers.

Sorry Admins to post this again . As there are lot of threads on the same subject & lot of arguments and counter arguments , I had to post it again .
        Last edited February 24 2009, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Dear friend

The owner of Ambattur clothing factory is selling his properties under

frustration. He needs money urgently to complete his another project at

guindy. As wiseman has already told, this is the beginning. We can hear

lot of news like this in the near future.

Those who wants to buy property... just watch and wait... c

Certainly your turn will come to grab your dream land for a song...

Thanks

chataara

Comment

Dear friends

Here is the news of another price slash in chennai

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4025860.cms

Just read and see that there is some 25% slash in price in velacherry

thanks

chataara

Comment

http://www.rediff.com/money/2009/feb...to-pay-emi.htm

Crook builders know once the buyers back out from the deal bcoz of job there will be no new buyers for those flats.

Comment

Yes, every where now free fall.

Prices are collapsing in chennai also now

Comment

Originally posted by Nataraajg007 View Post
                  Yes, every where now free fall.

Prices are collapsing in chennai also now

Dear friend

Collapse has started last year itself.

But the big players in RE industry has started to give in recently.

That makes news and history in newspapers

If everyone is thinking in DLF way there will be more down trend.

Result : Buyers will think of waiting for another 6 months or 1 year hoping

that price may come down further.

Thanks

chataara

Comment

crash!! it is a hike.

Originally posted by chataara View Post
                    Dear friends

Here is the news of another price slash in chennai

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4025860.cms

Just read and see that there is some 25% slash in price in velacherry

chataara
                    chataara here is the post i have retrieved for the forum it actually says last highest price was 2.5 c and rattha is asking 27 c for 9 gnd i.e a HIKE OF 20% WHERE DID YOU SEE CRASH OF 25%.SOMEBODY HAS PEGGED IT AT 2.00 C
                    AND the max price (one sale only was 2.5C) can be a fancy price,cannot be equated to market price.
                    anyways in thread price in velacherry when I said one gnd price as 1c to 1.2 c .you all scoffed (esp natraaaaj007) at the price now you agree to a price of 2.5 c as market price. hypocrites on this forum?????
                    the seller is asking for a fancy price + 20% you call this crash.
                    even if he sells at 2c i call it a hike bcoz i know most prices quoted were from 1c to 1.5 c

here is chataaras link

A bevy of realtors are in the fray to jointly develop the Rattha north-east facing property, at Velachery, near MPL Motors showroom. Given the current market dynamics, the valuation per ground is pegged between Rs 1.80 crore and Rs 2 crore. Though the last big sale that happened in this area fetched Rs 2.5 crore per ground, the company is expecting to realise Rs 27 crore from the deal, according to realty sources.

Ceebros, KGEYes, Akshaya and Vishranthi are among those who are in the race, while some of them are still being approached through real estate consulting firms.

Two of the metro's well-known builders — Vishranti and Akshaya — confirmed that they were among the contenders, while a senior TrueValue Homes official said they too had been approached by Jones Lang LaSalle-Meghraj (JLL-M) last week with a proposal to jointly develop it. The official also said TVH wanted to see the site bef
                    Last edited February 24 2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abk View Post
                      chataara here is the post i have retrieved for the forum it actually says last highest price was 2.5 c and rattha is asking 27 c for 9 gnd i.e a HIKE OF 20% WHERE DID YOU SEE CRASH OF 25%.SOMEBODY HAS PEGGED IT AT 2.00 C
                      AND the max price (one sale only was 2.5C) can be a fancy price,cannot be equated to market price.
                      anyways in thread price in velacherry when I said one gnd price as 1c to 1.2 c .you all scoffed (esp natraaaaj007) at the price now you agree to a price of 2.5 c as market price. hypocrites on this forum?????
                      the seller is asking for a fancy price + 20% you call this crash.
                      even if he sells at 2c i call it a hike bcoz i know most prices quoted were from 1c to 1.5 c

here is chataaras link

A bevy of realtors are in the fray to jointly develop the Rattha north-east facing property, at Velachery, near MPL Motors showroom. Given the current market dynamics, the valuation per ground is pegged between Rs 1.80 crore and Rs 2 crore. Though the last big sale that happened in this area fetched Rs 2.5 crore per ground, the company is expecting to realise Rs 27 crore from the deal, according to realty sources.

Ceebros, KGEYes, Akshaya and Vishranthi are among those who are in the race, while some of them are still being approached through real estate consulting firms.

Two of the metro's well-known builders — Vishranti and Akshaya — confirmed that they were among the contenders, while a senior TrueValue Homes official said they too had been approached by Jones Lang LaSalle-Meghraj (JLL-M) last week with a proposal to jointly develop it. The official also said TVH wanted to see the site bef

Dear friend

I believe you didnt understand clearly this.

The last sold price in that area was (as per news) 2.5 C. Here TOI is speaking about prime location.

The seller may think of any fancy price.

But If it is materialised then only you can tell that this is the market price.

But it is not so. To put it as quoted in the paper "Given the current market

dynamics, the valuation per ground is pegged between Rs 1.80 crore and

Rs 2 crore". And it is not above 2.5C.

From this news, dont you see a fall of 25 %.

If you dont understand this point, Better ask Mr. Nataraj. He may explain this.

Because he is expert in mathematics.

The problem with U is you are generalising all the areas of velacherry.

Thanks

chataara
                      Last edited February 24 2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X