Guys,

I checked out a new duplex coming up in Harrington Road and the price quoted is 7 crore for 5000 sq. ft.

The place will be completed by mid of this year. Is this guy dreaming (of getting such a price) or am i dreaming (that prices are too high)

Do share your thoughts

Interesting Article On RE business burying their head in the sand from ICICI Chief
http://www.financegurukul.com/2009/02/14/indian-re-prices-must-fall-atleast-15-20-chanda-kochar-icici-chief/

This article talks about valuations going below 50% and Private Equity Firms bailing out of RE
http://www.financegurukul.com/2009/02/14/private-equity-bailing-out-of-indian-realty-as-valuations-fall-50/
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Fools are every where
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by spaul
    Guys,

I checked out a new duplex coming up in Harrington Road and the price quoted is 7 crore for 5000 sq. ft.

The place will be completed by mid of this year. Is this guy dreaming (of getting such a price) or am i dreaming (that prices are too high)

Do share your thoughts

Interesting Article On RE business burying their head in the sand from ICICI Chief
    http://www.financegurukul.com/2009/02/14/indian-re-prices-must-fall-atleast-15-20-chanda-kochar-icici-chief/

This article talks about valuations going below 50% and Private Equity Firms bailing out of RE
    http://www.financegurukul.com/2009/02/14/private-equity-bailing-out-of-indian-realty-as-valuations-fall-50/

Dear friend,

Nothing can be termed very high in RE. There will be people with so much of money, mostly Black Money, not knowing what to do with such money they hold, may invest in such high value houses.
    Some one the other was writing that- WHO TOLD INDIA IS POOR? IF ALL THE MONEY THE POLITICIANS/BUREACRATS/BROKERS/INDUSTRIALISTS HOLD IN THEIR PRIVATE HOLDING OR IN SWISS BANKS, INDIA CAN BE FOUND TO BE THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by spaul
    Guys,

Do share your thoughts

last year Vijay shanthi sold 14 houses in a single day(opening) of flats prices at 5C (4500 sq ft.) in Rutland gate area.all booked before noon.
    CommentQuote
  • How many were genuine?

Originally Posted by abk
    last year Vijay shanthi sold 14 houses in a single day(opening) of flats prices at 5C (4500 sq ft.) in Rutland gate area.all booked before noon.

This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. And it is so old because people regularly fall for it, especially during the boom periods when evreyone is scared that RE is running away forever.

The modus operandi is simply. Announce a grand project. Throw a lot of money into PR. On booking day, announce that bookings are full and build a long queue of aspirants.

Generally around 50% - 70% of these projects are sham bookings by the owners themselves thru conduits. They then slowly introduce these as second sales to book profits anywhere from 20% to 100% to unsuspecting (or greedy) buyers.

Can you find out how many of those purchases were genuine? How many shadow purchases? And most important, how many were sold as speculation? There surerly will be a tale in that somewhere.

Just offering an alternate point of view.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. And it is so old because people regularly fall for it, especially during the boom periods when evreyone is scared that RE is running away forever.

The modus operandi is simply. Announce a grand project. Throw a lot of money into PR. On booking day, announce that bookings are full and build a long queue of aspirants.

Generally around 50% - 70% of these projects are sham bookings by the owners themselves thru conduits. They then slowly introduce these as second sales to book profits anywhere from 20% to 100% to unsuspecting (or greedy) buyers.

Can you find out how many of those purchases were genuine? How many shadow purchases? And most important, how many were sold as speculation? There surerly will be a tale in that somewhere.

Just offering an alternate point of view.

cheers

Wiseman you are what is called Pseudo rich. U r ably supported by Pitchakarans (u know them) on this board. There are genuine rich too in this world. So dont worry. For you it is sour grapes. For some it is what they take in. And come down to Bangalore (u claim to be there) and check out in KIADB area near ITPL the flats at 5C for 6000sqft. And we are talking about 5 towers of 18 floors with 4 flats in each level. Rahul Dravid is one of the buyers. So it is not meant for a small scale software joker like you to buy. Gotcha?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Fools are every where

U are here though.. to fill up that slot! LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    U are here though.. to fill up that slot! LOL!

What to do? I have to take care of you. Some one said that your women are taken care by them
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    What to do? I have to take care of you. Some one said that your women are taken care by them

I suspect you are allowed to spew shit on this board very conveniently. Well I think you will change the complexity of this board for sure, since you make is a JOKE board not a RE board.
    CommentQuote