Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
2452 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Arvinda2012,

My suggestion will be to look at properties closer to city on OMR. Kalavakkam is quite far and who knows when this will be part of Chennai City. If you like this stretch of OMR, i would suggest you stick to projects in Padur as the prices will not differ much for a two bedroom. There are multiple options available in Padur which are either ready to occupy or close to completion and in the same price range for a two bedroom.

Comment

Watching today's newspapers.

Casa Grande new small project at Thambiah Rd, W Mambalam for 13,500.
      Could be on list for high budget NRIs.

Siddarth Dakshin at Urapakkam at 3,550.
      Opp Railway station.

The above ones are not deals but just for info.

Resale deals I like,

Santhome 2-BHK 800sqft 3rd floor - 45L

Choolaimedu 400sqft (126sqft UDS) - 18L
      Low Budget.

Chamiers Rd 2900sqft 20yr old 2CCP - 3.25C

Not sure about location,good to checkup.

Maybe we should create a separate thread for resale units in newspapers.

Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
        Watching today's newspapers.

Casa Grande new small project at Thambiah Rd, W Mambalam for 13,500.
        Could be on list for high budget NRIs.

Siddarth Dakshin at Urapakkam at 3,550.
        Opp Railway station.

The above ones are not deals but just for info.

Resale deals I like,

Santhome 2-BHK 800sqft 3rd floor - 45L

Choolaimedu 400sqft (126sqft UDS) - 18L
        Low Budget.

Chamiers Rd 2900sqft 20yr old 2CCP - 3.25C

Not sure about location,good to checkup.

Maybe we should create a separate thread for resale units in newspapers.

Happy New Year.
        It's a very good idea to start a separate thread for resale units in newspapers.

Comment

I went to property show at leela palace Mrc nagar. The mood is better than previous 2 years. I have seen moderate crowd inquiring the projects in each stall. Also the average cost is 20K+/sq.ft in Alwarpet, RA Pura, and CIT Colony. Digging dipper all of them are using premium FSI of 2.5. I think this would increase the demand for resale property.

Comment

Oops you are great! You simply nailed Wiseman and your sense of humour is fantastic. BTW the best joke was Wiseji! Explains how many netajis are created in India. Certainly Wiseman first calls himself Wise and then over a period of writing the same Cat Tiger having a Global Conflict and the Fruits of reward being a Million dead has managed to now politically become a netaJI. Kudos to you Wiseman. While you may not be smart with RE selling land in RK Salai for a song, but certainly you have the Political ability. Check out with the Kazhagams! LOL!

PS. Wise please take it with a sense of humour. Try buying it somewhere as I know you dont possess it! ROTFL.

Originally posted by Economist View Post
            Wiseji,

Can you please say what is your stand these days in "3 to 5 Lines"

Some of us will be confused with Cat, Tiger, Tree, Fruit, Global Conflict, Million's dead etc etc.

Comment

R U the same Ramki who said that you wont pay more rent to your landlord in WestMambalam; who said RE prices wont rise and said that salaries wont rise just 4 years ago? Just curious...your old pal Natarajg007

Originally posted by ramki830 View Post
              I am a core Chennai-ite but do agree that development has to spread to other tier 2 cities. But the hard and harsh truth is that is not going to happen in short term. Why?

It is true of all poor/third world nations, development is concentrated in few tier one metros/cities only and tier2 cities lack development. The reason being infrastructure and poor state of public finances. Heritage, culture, history, people are all good, but hard infrastructure is basic requirement for economic development. Even Chennai CBD infrastructure is not so great, but for a population of 4 million , we can give 3.5 marks out of 10. What about other cities? Maybe basic infra is in place, but that is all for current population of 1.5 to 2 million. These cities simply cannot take even half a million more people without breaking down.

By infra i also mean connectivity and logistics - Chennai rocks on same with right location and big harbour, NH connecting to leading states and rail connectivity . So a Hyundai or a Renault can source from smaller cities but cannot set a main factory in tier 2 cities.

Likewise, Chennai has the cosmopolitanism that enables big service sector MNCs (IT cos) to recruit easily. A IT MNC can easily convince a person from NE India or Gujarat or AP to work in Chennai. It will be hard to do same with a company based out of Madurai.

Like someone told - madurai has madurai people, kovai has kovaiites, tiruchy has tiruchi people - but chennai is home to all people from all places in TN plus other south indians too. This is why this city has grown , from 5 lakh population in 1950 to present 75 lakh or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeEnn View Post
                who said RE prices wont rise and said that salaries wont rise just 4 years ago? Just curious...your old pal Natarajg007
                Which area you are talking about? Story may be different in different places. If you are comparing Prime Properties with peripheral ones it may not be accurately reflecting RE demand supply situations.

Egmore, Maylapore, Boat Club will always see high demand since the land parcel is very limited and most of the infrastructure development(please compare only the price not the standards with international cities) has happened so far.

Other places are witnessing either stagnated or no raise in price levels. To me worse is not over yet for new Projects....

Comment

Oops you did not get me. Are you the same guy that wrote in 2009? Second, between then and now please tell me a place where price did not appreciate in Chennai.
                  PS. You certainly dont seem to be that old guy, since you are not impolite now and you seem to be boring and not sharp! Ok no issues!

Originally posted by Ramchi View Post
                  Which area you are talking about? Story may be different in different places. If you are comparing Prime Properties with peripheral ones it may not be accurately reflecting RE demand supply situations.

Egmore, Maylapore, Boat Club will always see high demand since the land parcel is very limited and most of the infrastructure development(please compare only the price not the standards with international cities) has happened so far.

Other places are witnessing either stagnated or no raise in price levels. To me worse is not over yet for new Projects....

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeEnn View Post
                    Oops you did not get me. Are you the same guy that wrote in 2009? Second, between then and now please tell me a place where price did not appreciate in Chennai.
                    PS. You certainly dont seem to be that old guy, since you are not impolite now and you seem to be boring and not sharp! Ok no issues!
                    So you are not interested in the topic....my apologies for responding to your post!

Comment

I see hugh crowd in HDFC loan service branch in DLF park. Most of the IT people are buying secondary apartment now a days. I do not know when music is going to stop! Let's enjoy the ride until it last.
                      Goldman predicts Nifty to touch 7000 by year end and revised the growth target to 6.8%. Diesel price will be increased up to rs 3 soon in next few weeks. IT spending is picking up. Financials are leading the market. All points to bullish scenario for RE.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X