Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
2452 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Originally posted by Arunag View Post
    Since near by vCheryy rates are high people start to move near by areas. More over Infra like IRR an MRTS railway line helps this area to see good appreciation in near future.
    I agree with that.

Comment

@K11

Vijayshnathi launched a new project Kilpauk with BSP of Rs.15,500/sq.ft.

Vijay Shanthi Rain Forest at Kilpauk - Rs.15,500/sq.ft.

Originally posted by k11 View Post
      RA Puram and Kilpauk are surprises in the report.

I was bullish about Kilpuak and Egmore for sometime.
      But Kilpuak at 15K (now equal to Adyar/B.Nagar) is news to me.

Also RA Puram with certain upscale localities like Bishop Garden, Chamiers/McNichols Rd has bought the avgs higher too. Outside of some streets, the area has lower numbers.

Anna Nagar was way undervalued before, has now caught up.
      Might move up bit more if Muggapair/Anna Nagar W develops. Else it will stagnate and might even lag behind central Chennai.

B Club/P Garden is undervalued in the report. Prices are 30K+ now for old units in BC. PG is also at 22-25K+.

I could not find the 4Q 2012 RE report. May be they released the numbers to Hindu and clients only.

Comment

If every body was looking for a crash to happen then the news is it has already started happening.If you have land parcels in city's outskirts and you want to sell it just call an agent and enquire you will get a feel of initial signs.The Big Bang will follow soon

Comment

Originally posted by Arunag View Post
          @K11

Vijayshnathi launched a new project Kilpauk with BSP of Rs.15,500/sq.ft.

Vijay Shanthi Rain Forest at Kilpauk - Rs.15,500/sq.ft.

Yes, Anurag I was aware of this project.

The report numbers are supposed to be averages and it generally includes resales too.

Guess, it not the outlier anymore.

Back in 09-10, when I was in market, new units here were trading at 8.5K and older resale ones were at 6-7K (@Barnaby Road).

Comment

too early to predict anything. u go to any tea shop in Chennai u can see brokers discussing on registration, bargaining everything, it s hot now

Comment

Ok K11. You mentioned that you got shocked about the price thats reason I have mentioned the project with BSP .
              Originally posted by k11 View Post
              Yes, Anurag I was aware of this project.

The report numbers are supposed to be averages and it generally includes resales too.

Guess, it not the outlier anymore.

Back in 09-10, when I was in market, new units here were trading at 8.5K and older resale ones were at 6-7K (@Barnaby Road).

Comment

No probs, I knew the project during the pre-launch but not the latest price.
                I was thinking 14K-ish.

Vijayshanthi (and other high end buildings) are supposed to be outliers, generally higher than avg.

I think prices have run up, there might be some kind of breather now.
                Folks who are in the market can take sometime to carefully evaluate options over the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeEnn View Post
                  R U the same Ramki who said that you wont pay more rent to your landlord in WestMambalam; who said RE prices wont rise and said that salaries wont rise just 4 years ago? Just curious...your old pal Natarajg007
                  ZeeEnn, I am not the Ramchi whom you are referring to and I was not a member of this forum till last year . And regarding the subject, leaving aside 2009, the rental rates in city areas will continue to rise till proper infrastructure develops i suburbs.. and once that happens (will happen in next few yearS) there will be flight from some poorly developed core CBD to inner suburbs (I know people will make fun of this statement but stranger things have happened in past)

Comment

VLCY is on track to converge with CBD levels in terms of RE Prices. And the social infrastructure and connectivity of VLCY is better than many CBD areas !!

Only negative is the continuing delay in the execution of flyover VLCY junction. What ever happened to that , why is State Govt not pushing it aggressively?

Comment

I think the works already started.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X