Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: May 20 2021
2453 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Hi,

Can anybody help me out the approx sft price of the plots near grand ellora in thalambur?

I have already seen the video regarding the route to grand ellora which is kind of scary only. But still i though buying a plot near grand ellora would better than buying a villa in grand ellora.

Can you please give your opinion and price details for the same?

Thanks
    Kannan

Comment

Datapoint

Since we are talking about price trends in chennai
      I wanted to do a quick health check on campus placements for joining year 2014 currently being interviewed (june-aug) in colleges
      I dont have data points from chennai colleges as there a lot , im very closely associated with my college where i graduated , here is the actual email from my chairman -- again this is small sample - it will represent all top colleges in Tamil nadu, so if placement is so strong where is the worry in the job market .....

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Glad to hear from you.

Regarding placements they are good. Even better than last year. Highest was Rs. 18L from AMAZON.

100% for all those who have passed in CSE & IT. 50% for those NON CS & IT.

Glad to note family is doing well.

Dr. PXXXXXXXX

Comment

Is is IIT Madras.

Comment

Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
          ..here is the actual email from my chairman -- again this is small sample - it will represent all top colleges in Tamil nadu, so if placement is so strong where is the worry in the job market .....

[/FONT][/COLOR]
          Dr. PXXXXXXXX

Thanks for the info!

If it is fine with you, plz also reveal the name of your college. That will be of additional help!

Comment

No , A coimbatore based college , so you can decide now, if CBE based govt college can make such remarkable placements what will REC ANNA IIT and chennai private colleges do and how much mass numbers of placements will be there
            Final year batch in BE alone is 600+ of which i gather over 300+ are placed
            apart from this there is ME batches MS - SW eng , MS - IT, MCA, BSC Compscie, BSC CT which all fall under CS / IT dept

Comment

Since we are talking about price trends in chennai
              I wanted to do a quick health check on campus placements for joining year 2014 currently being interviewed (june-aug) in colleges
              I dont have data points from chennai colleges as there a lot , im very closely associated with my college where i graduated , here is the actual email from my chairman -- again this is small sample - it will represent all top colleges in Tamil nadu, so if placement is so strong where is the worry in the job market .....

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Glad to hear from you.

Regarding placements they are good. Even better than last year. Highest was Rs. 18L from AMAZON.

100% for all those who have passed in CSE & IT. 50% for those NON CS & IT.

Glad to note family is doing well.

Dr. PXXXXXXXX
              SR, getting a campus offer doesn’t warranty a job and that’s the new trend. My cousin got an offer from a leading IT company (not HCL) at the start of final year and yet to receive a call after 1 year of completing graduation. What you have quoted may be a one off case (18L), from what I heard, starting salaries are not all that gr8 and it has not moved much in the last 5 years.

Comment

No , A coimbatore based college , so you can decide now, if CBE based govt college can make such remarkable placements what will REC ANNA IIT and chennai private colleges do and how much mass numbers of placements will be there
                Final year batch in BE alone is 600+ of which i gather over 300+ are placed
                apart from this there is ME batches MS - SW eng , MS - IT, MCA, BSC Compscie, BSC CT which all fall under CS / IT dept

All the top three govt/aided colleges in CBE are in a higher league along with ANNA/IIT/REC(NIT). So, IMHO we should expect close to 100% placement in them to say that the job market is doing well. If its only 50% placement there, then that does not look very good....

Comment

This year I have conducted Campus interviews not only in Chennai but outside....in most places people are not getting placed, or employers revising the pay structure and many places are not honoring the "Letter of Intent"....Only IIT and few Government Group I colleges getting some placements.

Even Capegemeni seems to be delaying with Coimbatore based colleges this year....

HCL Brand taken beating this year with freshers were demanding outside its Sholinganallur campus to honor their commitment...

Infosys has silently dropped many people out of Campus selection though they might be singing different story outside.

Good people get placed but not like those 2004-2007 days where you get automatic job as soon as you finish your 4th year.

Comment

Delays and Deferrals

Sorry to open this can of worms, but its a worth while indicator to look at.
                    There are 2 reasons for forecasted placements being not honored, the first one is softening demand ,second is also a drop in attrition.
                    When both happens companies get panicked and only honor their words to top colleges for fear of reputation damage and future dates prospects
                    this is like almost a producer giving an advance to a hero and not doing a movie, if you dont do a movie and come to me next time no dates for you as simple as that. AS LONG as the HERO is in market demand
                    I ran the placement cell in my college in mid ninties and brought so many new bangalore and bombay based IT firms to CBE for the first time before which they never came to CBE
                    As a matter of fact Oracle would not even do a in campus interview and will call only walkins in BLR until our batch when they came to in campus. So this is a subject close to my heart and i get numbers from the cell each year for the many years i have graduated after.

I have noted this year TCS, CTSH are top in recruitment followed by HCL WIPRO Mindtree and the small number high salary ones such as MSFT Goog AMZN ORCL Sapient etc..
                    Given TCS and CTSH have topped the charts i beleive its indirectly going to benefit Chennai IMO

Comment

Originally posted by sundarjp View Post
                      SR, getting a campus offer doesn’t warranty a job and that’s the new trend. My cousin got an offer from a leading IT company (not HCL) at the start of final year and yet to receive a call after 1 year of completing graduation. What you have quoted may be a one off case (18L), from what I heard, starting salaries are not all that gr8 and it has not moved much in the last 5 years.
                      Sundar , very true i have witnessed this each year , but its better than an not receiving any thing not even an intent to hire.
                      The number from AMZN at 18L is important -its a one off case but it represents the market rate for the highest performer.
                      Even though its one off it will have an impact on all the other tiered rates for other firms.
                      Its like Super Star's salary , when he crossed 1C, prabhu Sathyaraj made 10-20L and Vijayakanth made 30L
                      When thalaivar makes 30-40C a movie surya makes a fraction, so while its a one off its a worth data point
                      Every year placement stats get published with the highest income earner being widely showcased in all top schools including IIM and IIT and largely coveted magazines / journals cover those stories saying IIM-A graduate makes 200K on graduation, the simple reason being the next year the asking number will be higher than this

Another data point - in 1997 the same college the highest money earner was making 2.5L, now 18L just a comparison im not suggesting RE should grow so many folds to match

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X