Hi Friends,

I had been to the FAIRPRO '09 Fair.My Impression after seeing, is that prices are stagnating for all ongoing projects and builders are trying hard to hold them up.

Prices are 10-20% lower for new projects in the pipeline and for ready to occupy flats.

The discount offered at the stall was very less and were in the range 150-500 Rs/sqft max.

For the benefit of fellow members I am posting the project/price details of some of the properties.

Akshaya Foundations

Adora - OMR - 3750/sqft
Aikya - Adyar - 12500/sqft

Alliance Group - Orchid Springs - 3199/sqft

Arihant Foundations

Heirloom - Thalumbur - 2499/sqft
Escapade - Thoraipakkam - 4150/sqft
Villa Viviana - Maramalai nagar - starting from 1 Crore

Asvini Foundations

Amarisa-phase1 - Ramapuram - 4500/sqft
Amarisa-phase2 - Ramapuram - 4250/sqft
Akshita - Madipakkam - 3800/sqft

Casa Grande

Riveira - Palikkarnai - 3450/sqft - before discount 3600/sqft
Silver Oak - Perungudi - 4300/sqft - before discount 4500/sqft
Madhuban - Madipakkam - 3300 /sqft - before discount 3500/sqft
Mylapore - R.K.salai - 12500/sqft
Plots
Ponmar -785/sqft - before discount 825/sqft
Maraimalainagar - 790/sqft - before discount 825/sqft

CeeDeeyes - Chenni Pattinam

Basic Rate - 1600/sqft All Inclusive - 2075/sqft

Chaitanya shanthiniketan

Sunnyvale - Ayanavaram - 4850/sqft
Serena - Rajkilpakkam - 2550/sqft
Gardenia - OMR - 1900/sqft
Green Park - Chitlapakkam - 3300/sqft

DLF

Gardencity - 3200/sqft - was told slash in prices expected in coming weeks.

Doshi Housing

Etopia I and II - Perungudi - 3895/sqft
Nakshatra - Tambaram - 2995/sqft - Completion May 2010
Tranquil - Velachery - 5500/sqft - Completion February 2010
Trinity park - Santhoshpuram,Vengaivasal - 3195/sqft - Completion April 2009
Serene Couny-Villas - Santhoshpuram,Vengaivasal - 2200,2600/sqft
LlanStephan - Chetpet - 9000/sqft - Completion May 2009
Sri Mahalakshmi - Ayanavaram - 4495/sqft - Ready to Occupy

ETA

Rosedale - OMR - 3100/sqft
Le Chalet - Villas - Sriperambudhur - 26 Lakhs - 37 Lakhs

Hiranandani Upscale - 4200/sqft

Hiranandani Palace Gardens - 3475/sqft

Indus Housing

anantya - Navalur,OMR - 2299/sqft + 400(other charges)
riviera villa - Navalur,OMR - 90 Lakhs onwards
habittera - urapakkam,GST - 2399/sqft + 400(other charges)
amber - Saidapet - 4750/sqft

Jain Housing

Ankush Prakas - Kilpauk - 7500/sqft - Ready to occupy
Amrit Kailash - Strahns Road - 4500/sqft - Ready to occupy
La Gardenia - Nungabakkam - 7500/sqft - Ready to occupy
Ansruta - Valluvarkottam, nungabakkam - 10000/sqft - Ready to occupy
Antariska - Kodambakkam - 4500/sqft - Ready to occupy
Eiffel Garden - Vadapalani - 4250/sqft - Ready to occupy
Saagarika - M.R.C Nagar, sea facing - 10000/12500 - Ready to occupy
Green acres - Pallavaram - 3900/sqft - Ready to occupy
Abhishek - Selaiyur - 3500/sqft - Ready to occupy.

Jamals

Orchid - Palikkarnai - 3500/sqft
Palazzo - keelkattalai - 3700/sqft
Grandeur - Velappanchavadi(near saveetha dental college) - 3200/sqft

KGEYES

3 Projects on L.B.Road, Thiruvanmiyur - 6650/sqft
Delmare - Beach road,Thiruvanmiyur - 7000/sqft
Carolina - Velachery,Taramani - 4500/sqft
Swathi - Sastri Nagar,Adyar - 8500/sqft
Kalakshetra - 8000/sqft

Landmark Constructions

Tiara - Perungudi - 4000/sqft - Completion on August 2009
Aston Ville - Vadapalani - 5500 sqft - Completion on July 2009
Tudors Place - K.K.Nagar - 6500/sqft
The Address - Adyar - 11500/sqft
The Grange - Palavakkam - 7500/sqft
Cenralia - Chrompet - 2950/sqft - prelaunch
Gem Towers - AnnaNagar - To be launched.
Mahalakshmi Heights - Ashok Nagar - To be launched

L&T Estancia
Construction in Progress
1st-3rd Floor - 3950/sqft
4th -12 floor - floor rise charge of 20/sqft for each floor
13th - 17th - 4450/qft

L&T Eden Park - 3600/sqft

Mantri Synergy - OMR
2800/sqft - with 20/floor rise
Special offer - First Floor - all inclusive
1140 sqft - 33,67,000
870 sqft - 28,50,000

Navin Housing

Dayton Heights - Nelson Manickam road - 6500/sqft + 30/sqft floor rise from 2nd floor
Subha Mangala - Ramapuram - 4200/sqft
Brookfield - Nanmangalam - 3500/sqft
Merrylands - Medavakkam - 3500/sqft

Olympia Opaline - 3441/sqft - spl budget flats available

PACE Builders

Anna nagar west - 4195/sqft - before discount 4495/sqft
Selaiyur - 3195/sqft - before discount 3495/sqft
Valasarvakkam - 2795/sqft - before discount 3295/sqft

PS Srijan

The Grand - Velachery - 5250 sqft - before discount 5500/sqft - Floor Rise applicable from 4th floor

Rajparis

Harmony - Medavakkam - 3100/sqft

Rajarathnam Constructions

RC Prince Gardenia - Perambur redhill road,Kolathur - 3600/sqft

Rajkham

Independant houses - Ayyapathangal - 2600/sqft

Real Value

Sai Skanda - Velachery - 4200/sqft
Sai Surya - Palikaranai - 3800/sqft
OMR opp SIPCOT - 13.20 Lakhs onwards

Shriram Properties

Trishakti - SIPCOT - 2750/sqft
Shankari - 1990/sqft

Sidharth foundations

Tulip - k.k.nagar west - 4800/sqft - completion march 2009
Natura - medavakkam - 3100 /sqft - completion july 2009
Visvaleela - Annanagar - 8500 /sqft - to be launched
Dakshin - Urapakkam - price TBD - to be launched
upcoming projects in porur, thoraipakkam, rajkeelpakkam, mogappair.

SIS

Safaa - Urappakam - 3150/sqft

SSPDL

Crescent - Kelambakkam - Vandalur Road - 2500/sqft
Upcoming 2 villa project one in OMR and one in Sriperambathur.

Sumanth & Co

Thiruvanmiyur - 6000/sqft
Besant Nagar - 11500/sqft

TVH

Lumbini square - Pursaiwalkam - 5500/sqft + 30/sqft floor rise from 5th floor
Ouranya Bay(Premium) - OMR,Padur - 3100,3200 + 25/sqft floor rise from 5th floor
Ouranya Bay(Budget) - 2bhk - 20 Lakhs
3bhk - 30 Lakhs
Ekanta - Coimbatore - 3100/sqft
Revata - Mogappair east - 4500/sqft
Kamya - K.K,Nagar - 7000/sqft
Metro Golden Nest - Sriperambathur - 1bhk - 15 Lakhs
2bhk - 22 Lakhs
3bhk - 28 Lakhs

VGN Group

Minerva - Mogappair,Nolumbur - 2975/sqft
3 in 1, 4 in 1 - 3800/sqft
Mahalakshmi Nagar,Thiruverkadu - 3500/sqft
Plots
Mugalivakkam - 52 Lakhs/grnd
Selaiyur - 50 Lakhs/grnd
SPKoil - 34 Lakhs/grnd
Katankulathur - 22-27 Lakhs/grnd

Yuga Homes

Shem Park - chemmenachery - 3300/sqft
Upcoming in Koyambedu, R.A.Puram(8000/sqft)

There are lots of properties and also lots of potential buyers.There is sure a sense of uncertainity among the builders and also the buyers on when to make the next move.It was evident that correction in RE prices have started to happen.

Requesting members to respond with their thoughts on the current trend.
Read more
2345 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Most of the educated people all over India already know a common language. Remaining people knows lot of words in it already and can communicate in broken sentences. Upcoming generation are all being educated in that language. That language is called English. South don't need to learn Hindi, North don't need to learn Tamil.. lets use English. It will also help all over the world. If anyone needs to learn additional language like Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam.. that individual will decide based on his/her needs. Here is what Anna Durai said:

"A man had two dogs – a big one and a small one. He wanted his dogs to go in and out of the house freely without him having to keep the house door open all the time. So he built two “trap doors” – one big trap door for the big dog and one small for the small dog. Neighbors who saw these two doors laughed at him and called him an idiot. Why put a big door and a small door? All that was needed was the big door. Both the big and the small dog could use it!

Indian government’s arguments for making Hindi the official or link language of India are as ridiculous as the need for a big door and a small door for the big dog and the small dog. Indian government agrees that English is needed for communication with the world, and every school in India teaches English. Then the Indian government says that all of us should know Hindi also in order to communicate amongst ourselves within India. I ask, “Since every school in India teaches English, why can’t it be our link language? Why do Tamils have to study English for communication with the world and Hindi for communications within India? Do we need a big door for the big dog and a small door for the small dog? I say, let the small dog use the big door too!”
    CommentQuote
  • Since I contributed to all this lively discussion, let me confess that I know ...

Tamil, Telugu (lived in Vijayawada, Secunderabad, Warangal), Kannada (living in Bangalore and make it a point to speak as much in Kannada as possible), Malayalam, Hindi (of course, having lived in Hyderabad, Gorakhpur, Jamshedpur, etc), some Bengali (lived in Cal).

Also learnt some Russian, German and Japanese when I was interacting with people from these regions in my projects, though I hardly remember any of it now.

One neat trick I used to have in my workplace is to maintain a deadpan face and mind my own business, when people speaking one language get together and provide all kinds of gossip and opinions about everyone else in the office, completely unaware that I understood everything that was being spoken! :) Sometimes I got some unintended feedback about myself as well :D. Its always useful to have most people think you don't know any language except English. Lots of fun when it happened but I'm too old for that now.

If you have the experience of many languages early in life it helps later on to pick up languages easily.

But the most productive languages for me have been Fortran, BASIC, COBOL, C, C++, Java, Javascript, Perl, Ruby, Python !!! :D

Wherever you are, try to learn the local lingo as quickly as possible. It is always helpful sometime in life.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Lookout
    Just my opinion, Economist.

. But I said it will be more feasible for Hindi to propagate in Tamil society rather than the other way round because of the sheer numbers difference.

why are you so short-sighted - Think globally. It will be more feasible for English to propagate in Hindi/Tamil society rather than the other way round because of the sheer numbers difference.

In 1947, how many people could speak in hindi. Ever since Independence, the Govt of India had cleverly pushed (like Hindi is a must for central govt jobs,..etc) pro-Hindi propaganda thereby misinforming the common man that Hindi was the "national" language, when clearly Hindi was only mentioned as an "official" language in the Constitution of India.

Before 1947, there is no country called India. When we ruled by British, English was not forced upon. Now (H)indian rulers trying to impose Hindi, which is unacceptable. For us, both english and hindi are foreign languages. Think what happened to Pakistan when they tried to impose Urdu. Bangladesh (Land of Bengalis) was formed.

Indian govt should avoid hindi in train tickets, bank slips,milestones ..etc,(only 2 languages, english and local), we can save lot of money and trees.
    CommentQuote
  • No one can avoid English now.

Even the villagers in remote north india feel knowing english is advantageous and prestigious. All hindi channels programs and Hindi films also portray if a man speaks good english he is viewed superior.

Whether in Tamilnadu or Bihar or Orisaa or punjab, there is a craze among the common public to admit their children in English medium schools.

Whether we like it or not, after few decades every young indian will be more proficient in English than any indian language including hindi
    CommentQuote
  • Why this thread is deviated to something which is not relevant to this forum or this title of thread. Pls create a new thread and discuss, if required.
    CommentQuote
  • But I said it will be more feasible for Hindi to propagate in Tamil society rather than the other way round because of the sheer numbers difference.

Based on this argument ask all Muslims to convert to Hinduism since Hindus are at a greater Number and sheer Number difference. The Majority forcing the minority will be come like Pakistan. India is a diverse country and all languages and religions need to be respected.
    CommentQuote
  • I think I was the one who triggered this discussion. But you guys proved my point. Why Chennai is not going to be friendly to rest of Indians. Not just Hindi speaking people even kannada speaking people, malayalam speaking people. Everyone here has well defended the reason why Tamilians dont need to speak hindi and hindi shouldn't be forced upon them. Point well taken. But then you see my point. There is so much of angst/pride/animosity or whatever you want to call. This angst/pride/animosity is faced by even innocent outsiders who step into Chennai. There is some sort of boiling anger amongst locals when they see outsiders. This is probably fueled by politicians or whoever with vested interests. .Every Tamilian I have met has made it a point to mention to me about this "Injustice to Tamilians". I mean, one person was also so sympathatic towards the plight of SriLankan Tamils that is it very clear that Tamil is a bigger unifying factor than the country. This is clear case of Politicians evoking patriotic sentiments so that locals dont find fault in them. This thing happens in Pakistan(make India the enemy so that politicians can always keep the country poor by have a national goal to hate India) and even in North Korea, make South Korea the national enemy.

But end of the day, India and South Korea are much more prosperous than Pakistan and North Korea, respectively. So dear Tamil friends, what is the lesson from this ? :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by revhappy
    I think I was the one who triggered this discussion. But you guys proved my point. Why Chennai is not going to be friendly to rest of Indians. Not just Hindi speaking people even kannada speaking people, malayalam speaking people. Everyone here has well defended the reason why Tamilians dont need to speak hindi and hindi shouldn't be forced upon them. Point well taken. But then you see my point. There is so much of angst/pride/animosity or whatever you want to call. This angst/pride/animosity is faced by even innocent outsiders who step into Chennai. There is some sort of boiling anger amongst locals when they see outsiders. This is probably fueled by politicians or whoever with vested interests. .Every Tamilian I have met has made it a point to mention to me about this "Injustice to Tamilians". I mean, one person was also so sympathatic towards the plight of SriLankan Tamils that is it very clear that Tamil is a bigger unifying factor than the country. This is clear case of Politicians evoking patriotic sentiments so that locals dont find fault in them. This thing happens in Pakistan(make India the enemy so that politicians can always keep the country poor by have a national goal to hate India) and even in North Korea, make South Korea the national enemy.

But end of the day, India and South Korea are much more prosperous than Pakistan and North Korea, respectively. So dear Tamil friends, what is the lesson from this ? :)

You have learnt nothing from the discussion.

You have just retained your ignorance and twisted prejudice.

No amount of education can change your ignorance, prejudice, Chauvinism and lack of respect for others.
    CommentQuote
    I think I was the one who triggered this discussion. But you guys proved my point. Why Chennai is not going to be friendly to rest of Indians. Not just Hindi speaking people even kannada speaking people, malayalam speaking people. Everyone here has well defended the reason why Tamilians dont need to speak hindi and hindi shouldn't be forced upon them. Point well taken. But then you see my point. There is so much of angst/pride/animosity or whatever you want to call. This angst/pride/animosity is faced by even innocent outsiders who step into Chennai. There is some sort of boiling anger amongst locals when they see outsiders. This is probably fueled by politicians or whoever with vested interests. .Every Tamilian I have met has made it a point to mention to me about this "Injustice to Tamilians". I mean, one person was also so sympathatic towards the plight of SriLankan Tamils that is it very clear that Tamil is a bigger unifying factor than the country. This is clear case of Politicians evoking patriotic sentiments so that locals dont find fault in them. This thing happens in Pakistan(make India the enemy so that politicians can always keep the country poor by have a national goal to hate India) and even in North Korea, make South Korea the national enemy.

Andhra & Kerala people are part of Tamil society for very long & peacefully live here. They mostly do business here, very successful and everyone knows it. May be some dumb tourists like u seems don't know that fact.

Telegu, Kerala or Kannada people don't come here and ask us to learn their mother tongue. Neither Tamils do it in other states. But many dumb north Indians like you do it. After seeing your reply, I am 100% sure you guys will never improve and remain dumb. One goes to a foreign place should know English or learn that native language. You not ready to do either of that, but asking the foreigner to learn your mother tongue... this is just rude & idiotic.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arvbin

Arvbin, no point in explaining anything to a brainless, uneducated, blind racial chauvinist.

Nothing will sink in to a person full ignorance & ethic hatred.
    CommentQuote
    I think I was the one who triggered this discussion.

oh you are the one, Are you a politician?

Originally Posted by revhappy
    But you guys proved my point. Why Chennai is not going to be friendly to rest of Indians. Not just Hindi speaking people even kannada speaking people, malayalam speaking people.

Language is not a barrier for being friendly, my friend. You have a wrong basic, fix it.

Everyone here has well defended the reason why Tamilians dont need to speak hindi and hindi shouldn't be forced upon them. Point well taken.

I dont think so, better you read them again.

There is some sort of boiling anger amongst locals when they see outsiders. This is probably fueled by politicians or whoever with vested interests.

Beleive you are one of those guys brain washed by North indian politicians .if you have not been to TN, you are most welcome to learn what is hospitality and friendship.

Every Tamilian I have met has made it a point to mention to me about this "Injustice to Tamilians". I mean, one person was also so sympathatic towards the plight of SriLankan Tamils that is it very clear that Tamil is a bigger unifying factor than the country.

is sun TV and Jaya TV are the Tamilians you have ever met? i offer you a coffee time with me if you would like.

Yes there is sympathy to srilankan tamils,you will feel sympathetic too if you know what happens there. do you think canada, UK, norway, australian premeires are tamils?
    David cameroon went to the place of war without notifying srilankan govt, to see the reality and condemned srilanka for the genocide.
    i would even ask central govt not to send Indian army to srilanka, but i will say why would we(India) should interfere with another country's internal issue.

Please think beyond Tamil language when you are quoting srilankan issue.

This is clear case of Politicians evoking patriotic sentiments so that locals dont find fault in them. This thing happens in Pakistan(make India the enemy so that politicians can always keep the country poor by have a national goal to hate India) and even in North Korea, make South Korea the national enemy.

may be as clear as mud. why do you get confused between language and patriatism, language and friendship etc.

two examples:
    1.AR Rahman is a welll respected musician who has given a great work "Maaa Tuje salaam" on the eve of India's 50th independance celebrations. certainly a glimse of his patriotic feeling.
    He spoke in Tamil when he was awarded the golden globe and oscars, the highest feat any indian Muscian has ever achieved. wouldnt it be stupid if some one calls him unfriendly and not patriotic for speaking tamil in a global stage?

2. if you still dont get it, do you think a deaf and dumb who dont understand/speak any language will be unfriendly?

But end of the day, India and South Korea are much more prosperous than Pakistan and North Korea, respectively. So dear Tamil friends, what is the lesson from this ?

this clearly portrays your confusion between patriatism and language. why would you ask this question to Tamil friends alone? i see no reason for your question.

Indians who live in Tamilnadu are very proud of their mother tongue for genuine reasons.
    Dont assume yourselves that Tamils hate others, come and see if you want to know the reality.
    when some people try to impose ideologies when they are not desired, Tamils standup and tell "please dont do that".
    you better understand or atleast dont try to inject divisiveness, leave that to politicians they may try it again even though they know they already failed.

in short if you are asking us to learn hindi we will say "it is difficult for us and please dont ask us to do that" we may sometimes ask you to learn tamil, if you hear that then you should understand that you are repeatedly asking us to learn Hindi. the real intent asking you to learn tamil is to give you a glimse of pain what we go through when you ask us to learn Hindi.
    CommentQuote
  • @ice,

The only exposure he has with tamilian's is from his fellow work permit labours in Singapore. Probably that experience coupled with ingrained racism is what makes up his attitude.

You can't expect such labour work permit holder to know tamil people of the caliber of President, Deputy Priminister & Foreign Minister of Singapore who are all Tamils.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    @ice,

The only exposure he has with tamilian's is from his fellow work permit labours in Singapore. Probably that experience coupled with ingrained racism is what makes up his attitude.

You can't expect such labour work permit holder to know tamil people of the caliber of President, Deputy Priminister & Foreign Minister of Singapore who are all Tamils.

If he is from Singapore then he should know about these,

Look who are the two brave Indians rewarded by Singapore govt recently,
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpiCqWeLnT8

Singapores deputy prime minister is a tamilian.

Tamil is one of the official languages in Singapore, train announcements and sign boards must have tamil.

Now I am able to understand why he has started this topic, he is feeling insecured and jealous or probably He wants Hindi as official language in Singapore!

Revhappy, try to support your fellow Indians, if you cant at least keep quiet.
    CommentQuote
  • You guys are just proving my point again by justifying yourself :)

I have had lots of Tamil friends and I get along with them very well. I am neither north Indian nor south, kind of in between. Actually I get along better with south Indians than north Indians.

My only point is all tamilians I have met have told me at some point or the other about how the rest of India forces Hindi upon them etc etc. There are lots of other states out there who also get marginalized when you have such a big country, but I don't hear this from others. I mean its okay don't talk Hindi, its fine. Lot of other states also don't talk Hindi and once you go there you will have to learn their language, Kerala for example, Karnataka also other than Bangalore, you will struggle if you don't learn kannada. But for some reason many Tamilians have this chip on their shoulders. Anyways I don't want to argue any more. I have said what I had to say.
    CommentQuote
    You guys are just proving my point again by justifying yourself :)

I have had lots of Tamil friends and I get along with them very well. I am neither north Indian nor south, kind of in between. Actually I get along better with south Indians than north Indians.

My only point is all tamilians I have met have told me at some point or the other about how the rest of India forces Hindi upon them etc etc. There are lots of other states out there who also get marginalized when you have such a big country, but I don't hear this from others. I mean its okay don't talk Hindi, its fine. Lot of other states also don't talk Hindi and once you go there you will have to learn their language, Kerala for example, Karnataka also other than Bangalore, you will struggle if you don't learn kannada. But for some reason many Tamilians have this chip on their shoulders. Anyways I don't want to argue any more. I have said what I had to say.

You stated Tamils are not friendly in your previous post, now you say you have lot of tamil friends and you get along with them better than North Indians. ;)

Listen, We don't care where you were from north, south, east or west, you don't need to explain yourself.

The reason why Tamils are strong when it comes to language is proud for the mother tongue and nothing else. never again talk about patriotism and friendship of tamilians again. you never understood them.
    CommentQuote