Sort by :
Filter by :
- I didn't say tamilians are unfriendly, I only said, outsiders to enter Tamil Nadu will find it unfriendly when every other person he meets is going to lecture him about Tamil history, the fact that Tamil is older and greater than Sanskrit and Hindi shouldn't be forced upon them etc, exactly like what is happening now in this thread.CommentQuote0Flag
- Ok don't expect Tamils to speak Hindi to be your friend, your problem is resolved. Never compare with Pakistan and north Korea for this reason. That's wrong.CommentQuote0Flag
We lecture some egoistic, prejudiced minds because they lecture us why Tamils don't know Hindi, why they are not learning Hindi, why you should learn Hindi because it is national language kinda arguments. No one going to strangers and lecture them.CommentQuote1Flag
- I am not sure. In my personal experience more people in Chennai speaks Hindi then never before. There are so many migrant workers come to Chennai and it become next to Mumbai for Job opportunity. They wouldn't be here if it is truly unfriendly.
Tamil Nadu is generally Conservative which is mistaken by outsiders as unfriendly to them.CommentQuote0Flag
- Something about how many people speak these languages in Millions.
Check where does the languages discused stands.
Globally which is important has to be seen, in I dia internally regional languages not going to help to grow globally.CommentQuote0Flag
- Good. Just because Chinese is spoke by most millions, there is no need to learn it unless you have a need or passion. Same applies to Hindi.
don't confuse tamil's language passion with patriotism and friendship.
If you continue to press then you will get strong feedback, problem is the one who argues tamil to learn Hindi, unfortunately without knowing they are trying to impose something without Tamils desire they conclude tamil people are unfriendly or wantedly do it.
Hope revhappy learnt a lesson and hope he never ever tries again to mess with language and patriotism.CommentQuote1Flag
There are too many replies to you. I will just put accross three points. Just think about it for yourself.
You have generalized every Tamilian as only talking about how great Tamil is, where as you smartly averted the reason behind it.
1) The main culprit here are the North Indians who always want the Tamilians to accept Hindi and sort of avoid them or discriminate them, just because they say they cant speak Hindi. So this is why Tamilians start explaining the reason, which you simply termed as "Pride" - which is nothing wrong. Once you travel to Non-American countries, you will learn, Language pride is something every native person has.
2) The reason behind North Indians wanting Tamilians to speak Hindi is not because of any patriotic reasons, but its a "We are the big boss, How can you not accept we are the best?" attitude. Be bold and accept this!
3) Facts are facts. Tamil is one of the oldest classical languages in the world, which is read and researched by many foreigners around the world. Why cant you people come to TN and try to learn the language or atleast be proud that an Indian language is so respected on a world platform? In case you people are so flexible and friendly, why cant you adapt? Why is a North Indian waiter so adamant to not speak in Tamil, in a South Indian restaurant? :)CommentQuote1Flag
In general most of the Tamilians use English in common interactions in the society in order to gap up the difference among Indians on language. However you can notice Noth Indians mostly prefer to speak in Hindi though they are aware Hinglish.
Despite different languages in each state, India stands as one countey of many states and languages and that is why called Incredible India. The patriotism is in all of us and it has nothing to do with language. Get your basics fixed. Friendly or unfriendly is one's character based and it cannot be generalised to society. Otherwise can we generalise the Delhi rape incident to that entire society? may be you will call as per your senseless mind set.
You are in confused state of mind, in one post say Tamils are unfriendly, in another you mention you have many Tamil friends than Hindi friends. First of all it is highly stupid to differenciate friendship with language, friends are just friends accross cast and language. You are differenciating your friends, i pity your friends group.
Despite great tradegy to Tamilians in another country, TN stand united with tollerance, though there were many compliant for that incident on Indian government. When North was on fire due to Ayodhya issue, in TN was life as usual. No more example required to show the friendliness and tollerance of TN society. In any case your narrow mind set cannot understand anything even when poited out.
If we go by your point of view if one learn Spanish, does he is patriotic towards Spanish states? Language learning should be on two grounds, necessity for life & work and one's passion to learn. Nothing to do with patriotism.
Certain points in your post which hurts the people of TN, deserve to demand an apology from you or an open post to withdraw those remarks. But none demanded an apology from you and it depicts our society's tollerance and greatness.CommentQuote0Flag
- I thought we are in 21st century passed the Dravidian(Andra/Malayalam/Kannada combo) and Nehruvian (Dynasty/Corruption/Imposition) BS of 1960s and 70s! Are they still relevant with the advent of the real Tamil identity by the true tamils and North Indians who are moving across the country and adopting local traditions?CommentQuote1Flag
- Same applies to current reservation system in TN which is highest among country. It was started with good intention but became a magic wand for politicians. How come forcing some one from no-right to educate of his choice based on his birth community which is not in his control would be justified. Politics won it by divide and rule among masses. The purpose only created the creamy layer and brain drain.Originally Posted by veegeekskBut I said it will be more feasible for Hindi to propagate in Tamil society rather than the other way round because of the sheer numbers difference.
Based on this argument ask all Muslims to convert to Hinduism since Hindus are at a greater Number and sheer Number difference. The Majority forcing the minority will be come like Pakistan. India is a diverse country and all languages and religions need to be respected.CommentQuote0Flag
- RBI cuts repo rate by 25 bps to 7.25%
RBI cuts repo rate by 25 bps to 7.25%
- Oneway it is good but builders should also join the party and decrease the price.....CommentQuote0Flag
- Soon the rates will be 6%. I don't see growth picking up until then.CommentQuote0Flag
- RBI alone cannot revive growth - no more rate cuts for now - RBI Governor
Rajan has been saying this for a long time - get the house in order and rate cut alone cannot 'cut' it. We are in a tight spot now - we cannot cut rates nor can we raise rates. Tendency is always to take the path of least resistance rather than solving the real problem the right way and hence the rate cut chorus is much louder from the industry.
Not just in India but happens all around the world. Rather than pricking the bubble in 2002/3 and deflating it in an orderly manner, we wrapped a band-aid and with interest rate cut and sustained low interest rates helped to reflate the asset bubble across the world. Now, the cycle is about to reverse.
Rate hike needed to pop the asset bubble: Robert Shiller
Rajan's hawkish guidance has more to do with ring fencing and keeping options open due to external factors also as many sees it. Globalization and free trade is not all free lunch and has its downsides - we become dependent on what other countries can do and have to have our protection in place.CommentQuote0Flag
- Not sure what Rajan does is good or not. He believes cutting interest rates for reviving growth is a NOT a right strategy. He wants to see inflation under control before he cuts rates. He believes weakening currency is not going to boost export, something which china or Japan doesn't believe so.
But one thing is sure Rajan has a strong will, he moves based on his belief or the facts he sees. Doesn't budge to political pressure. Jetley and nirmala sitharaman tried all tricks but failed. He is a rare guy.CommentQuote0Flag