Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: July 14 2020
2449 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Nice posts, nabishek and Eco.

Sadly today, the civil services and bank exams have been mostly attracting people who do not get placements. We do not see any dedicated people today. One of my family members was preparing for the exams, I was talking to her few months ago. I have not met anyone other than her who had civil services career as a goal. She also said most of the people in her coaching center come there just because they do not have anything to do and they are simulatneously trying out entrance exams for CAT/GMAT/GRE or praticing for placement exams with MNCs and IT Majors. Both my parents are CG officials. Most of my friends, neighbours, classmates are kids of CG or Defense officers. None of them aspired for Govt jobs. Even my own parents think it is not worth the effort. Three years ago, I thought of taking the exam but then after a couple of promotions and pay increases, it is now become very hard decision for me. The realization that early retirement is possible in private sector while you have to slog for years in Govt sector with less pay and recognition is big gap. Anyway, the best time for anyone to get into Civil Services is early twenties, once we are in late twenties and start working it is very hard to leave it. Even among the youngsters and colleges, the focus is on placements or trying to get into a good college for master degree - IIM/MS/MBA/PhD, many of the current students might not even know what a Civil Services exam is.

Govt needs to something really fast to attract good talent.
    Increasing pay - make performance based bonuses, and do things to make the jobs attractive to younger people.
    PSU Banks have already taken a lead in trying to lure people from private banks.

They need a big PR campaign these days.
    Crazy Idea -
    How about Govt teaming up with Bollywood and Regional movies to bring back the jazz to civil services.
    May be they can sponsor a couple of movies with leading stars or sponsor some athletic events.
    Last edited July 6 2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Can anyone post the latest price list. This one old i read this post before 4 years dont post it again

Comment

Interesting posts Eco, Abhishek and K11. It's not that bad I believe- I knew 4 people who recently moved to civil services- but, they are all highly qualified. A couple who were batch-mates with my Mrs in IIM and became IAS and IPS, one of my cousin's classmate/wife (moved to planning commission after IISc) and my friend/classmate (UP guy)- smart fellow,who waited three years and became IAS and now posted in South.

IFS is still sort after, but tend to agree- the passion for civil services have reduced a lot due to other opportunities.

IMO having age limit is counter-productive. You need people from all background at any time of their career. It enhances administration and implementation.
        Last edited July 6 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bala_animation View Post
          Can anyone post the latest price list. This one old i read this post before 4 years dont post it again
          I am sorry, I am not able to collect price information like before. I am not in the market now for buying, so my data will be nearly a year old..

I had posted a pricelist couple of weeks back..I think it more or less reflects the market price with a variance of +/- 10-15%

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...p=1223#post796

Also, you can search based on your budget using the below links..all property shows feature these builders only

Find Property | Credai Chennai

Thank you for all your detailed posts..You seem to be having lot of useful data..Please continue sharing them for the benefit of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post
            T
            Poes Garden – Bala & Rajini

A little offtopic but cudnt avoid speaking.
            Bala moving into PG, when I heard this, it was always a shocker for me.. 180 Degrees different from his movies and his thoughts about society in general. I thought he wud be one of those kind who likes to live in a middle class flat around people! But he raced past people like Shankar (the more extravagent character)

Comment

Once a write off on Madurai Streets smoking green stuff and hallucinating.
              Now he is much reformed task master. Good for him.
              Last edited July 7 2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

@Clair,

Indian goverment human resources mangement policies & principles are antiquated by atleast 200 years.

Seniority by Batch is more important than Skills.

This applies to even the highest key role (Ie: Head of Armed forces)

Even the best of best skilled service personal is let go at the age of 60 (where they have potential to serve another 5-10 years)

Employing a non service executive to head a goverment department is not possible.

Say- Hiring a corporate executive to run a Goverment organisation on a 5 year contract.

Can they hire a 50 year old corporate executive from say L&T to run a division of say CPWD or NAHAI?

The Staffs promotion based on seniority is considered an rightful entitlement - It should be based on skills and performance not seniority.

How can a Joint secretary from Animal Husbandry becomes suitable to run the Highways department next day - Just that his batch is promoted and he is placed?

Special recruitment process should be applicable to atleast key positions.

Comment

Comparatives Chennai Flat price list from 2004 to 2009

It is a extract from the website builderschennai.com

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bala_animation View Post

It is a extract from the website builderschennai.com

Bala,

Is the OMR and GST rates are also from 2009. If that is the case I am seeing the rates to have not moved for last 4 years.

We are talking about stagnation going forward but this looks like the corridor is already experiencing stagnation for last 4 years.

Note: I am talking about post shols here in OMR.

Comment

Yes' the price is stagnation for last 4 years but it has little bit incresed and the price is also expected to continue till 2016 as per my knowledge.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X