• Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Builders can't pass on VAT to flat buyers: Supreme Court - Mumbai - DNA

Is this applicable to other states too?

Comment

More rate rises on the pipeline?

Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan is set to use consumer-price inflation as the main guide for monetary policy for the first time, a shift that signals further increases in the benchmark interest rate.

Interest Rates

Core inflation remains high, Rajan told reporters yesterday during a visit to Frankfurt, Germany. Domestic inflation is a better policy anchor than the exchange rate for emerging-market central banks, he said.

‘Inflation Hawk’

Rajan, vowing to fight price pressures, raised the repo rate by a quarter point to 7.5 percent in his first review on Sept. 20. He also eased some liquidity curbs in the banking system imposed by predecessor Duvvuri Subbarao to support the rupee.
      “Rajan lived up to his reputation of inflation hawk,” said Sonal Varma, an economist at Nomura Holdings Inc. in Mumbai. “Low and stable inflation expectations are a cornerstone for sustainable growth.”

Comment

CBD vs suburbs

Comment

i see some houses even closer to city is struggling to get tenant for rs 12 psqft. i see here the average as Rs.16. psqft. i guess they did the survey by seeing the quoted price of owners for their flats in maakan.com. they did the survey without moving anywhere just making some programs to calculate the avg rent from their database of quoted prices..

Comment

Hi Silpong
            I am looking for property in Ashok Nagar and near by areas.

thanks
            Last edited October 9 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

CREDAI is conducting FAIRPRO in the United States during month of October.

Friends in US, please post the current price and trend, if you happen to attend. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by iceemani View Post
                i see some houses even closer to city is struggling to get tenant for rs 12 psqft. i see here the average as Rs.16. psqft. i guess they did the survey by seeing the quoted price of owners for their flats in maakan.com. they did the survey without moving anywhere just making some programs to calculate the avg rent from their database of quoted prices..
                There are wide variations in rental rates based on multiple factors like :

* Whether ample parking space is available or not.
                * What extent the rented flat/house is furnished.
                * Closeness to essential amenities - school, market, bus/auto stop, main road, hospitals etc maybe in that order..
                * Availability of water !
                * Closeness to big places of work - thus flats in very bad areas of manapakkam get high rentals just because, it is close to DLF IT City..

So no single parameter. Generally speaking even poor , old flats in interior areas of city command high rentals (Rs 20 sqft plus) while outer exurbs (urapakkam/madambakkam/avadi) go to other end with Sub Rs 5 per sqft rentals. But as i said, there are exceptions and location matters a lot.

Comment

Discounts: received by e-mail..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited October 18 2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

No one can read the above and hence can not be grabbed

Comment

reloaded the image!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X