Collapse

Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: 3 hours ago
2400 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Well, The report at least mentions about OMR a few times but it doesnt even consider Areas like Anna Nagar & Kilpauk.

Will there any issues for Anna Nagar, Kilpauk or even outer areas like Mugaperu or Nolambur?

Certainly not.

Try buying a property there.
    Last edited by Economist; November 18 2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Actually when you look at their brands, only Nungambakkam qualifies for high street shopping and top notch restraunts. Page 17. In my view it is better than MG Rd when it comes to food, shopping is on par.

By sales volume, nothing comes close to T Nagar with its apparel shops in Pondy Bazaar, ever crowded R street and high ticket jewellery/saree shops in Panagal Park.

Hard to expect anything like this in OMR or any other suburb.
      Restraunts and Retail shops need appropriate clientele, the brands/mall operators do lot of analysis they will build when they see the people. So I do not think the report should be used for evaluating residential RE unless you are planning to open up a retail franchise of a high end brand.

Comment

Rent in Dubai are exploding.

Dubai Expat Rents Exceed Pay Hitting Competitiveness - Bloomberg

Landlords in Dubai are already getting yields that are twice the global average. Rental income as a percentage of the purchase price ranges from 5 percent to 6 percent in Dubai compared with a world average of 2 percent to 3 percent, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) said in an Oct. 21 report

Comment

Ms garden orr

DOES ANYONE VISITED THE MUCH HYPED MS GARDEN LAYOUT ON FM's

ON ORR.POONDAMALLE

IS IT WORTH 1250 PSFT?

Comment

MS Garden Luxury Gated Community Plots on Outer Ring Road Chennai

Comment

If it is CMDA approved, 600 to 800 rs per sq ft is a correct value, also consider the location.

Comment

great effort about the price trends. thanks for the valuable post

Comment

Kolkatta,Chennai tops Residex price rise for 3rd quarter.
                  Does that mean we reached bottom since prices fell for 2nd quarter.

Home prices rise in 12 cities: NHB Residex | Business Standard

Comment

Originally posted by chennaidesi View Post
                    Kolkatta,Chennai tops Residex price rise for 3rd quarter.
                    Does that mean we reached bottom since prices fell for 2nd quarter.

Home prices rise in 12 cities: NHB Residex | Business Standard
                    Too early to say that. We need to wait for zone wise data. It is still not updated

NHB

SOme pockets in high end segment is doing strong and even that can be the reason for overall residex being higher.

Even then we need to atleast near previous peak to see if we are in recovery phase. Ex. Peak residex in zone 10 was 380 and last quarter 278. Atleast a movement till 330-340 can signify some permanent strength.

Comment

After 3 yrs I am hunting for new project (selling my old one) and I can clearly see the difference. Earlier I had to run behind every builder asking for their future projects as most of their current projects would have been sold out but now the situation is completely changed. I can see builders approaching me and I really have lot of choices

But still projects inside city are in high demand (eg: Alwarpet, Mandaveli, Adyar, Ashok Nager etc)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X