Collapse

Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
2452 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Yes you and a 1000 others are trying to do the same , and it will continue but nanchai lands cannot be touched punchai can be converted and restrictions are growing , even such lands are in 1 to 5 c price point leaving 33% for development overhead and cost of money! there is not much to make unless you had bought it for 25 to 50 lakhs ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You mean 33% over and above the bsp?

Comment

FairPro 2014 is approaching -
        Does any one have the usual price comparisons from prior years

Comment

I am getting to town very shortly before the end, I can get the current prices. Should I try the usual 'go on the last day for good deals' or is this realty business different ??

Comment

Originally posted by dangermouse View Post
            I am getting to town very shortly before the end, I can get the current prices. Should I try the usual 'go on the last day for good deals' or is this realty business different ??
            Only till stocks last, so you better hurry I meant the brochures and pamphlets

From my experience, There are not much discounts..even if there are its only for pre-launch projects. Just observe who is more interested to get your contact..tell them you want to visit the site before decision and give your contact..Even though you are back in India, tell them you have to fly back to US in two weeks time and are looking to close a deal quickly. You will get the best offer in terms of price, choice of flat etc. btw this works anywhere and not only in FairPRO.

Comment

Hello,
              Experts, can you comment on the going price per sqft. for Valasaravakkam around SVS nagar for 2nd hand properties that 2-3 yrs old. Looking for some 1100 Sq.ft apt. with 500 UDS. Note: not huge residential complexes, but rather 10-15 units.
              Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Hi
                I am in planning of buying an 3 BHK in Appaswamy's new launch Bloomingdale in Pammal,requesting ppl to give their experience in buying a flat with appaswamy and their service. Also kindly let know about the ground water level and quality and any other additional stuffs.
                Thanks in advance
                Pradeep

Comment

Experts,
                  What is your take on Chennai RE price appreciation over the next 5-10 years - double every 5 possible? I have a plot in Maraimalai nagaer - just wondering if it is better to sell now or hold for better returns later.

Comment

Originally posted by Texmex123 View Post
                    Experts,
                    What is your take on Chennai RE price appreciation over the next 5-10 years - double every 5 possible? I have a plot in Maraimalai nagaer - just wondering if it is better to sell now or hold for better returns later.
                    Those doubling days are gone. Indian Economy is in a rut.
                    It might not go negative, but will be stagnant and slower growth ahead.

Keep it, dont sell. Unless you have a better investment vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
                      Those doubling days are gone. Indian Economy is in a rut.
                      It might not go negative, but will be stagnant and slower growth ahead.

Keep it, dont sell. Unless you have a better investment vehicle.

I have been reading many of the posts in this forum from last 4 months. Sounds like the consensus is stagnant Chennai RE market for the next 2 years and possible higher price if held 5+ years, even a double in 7-8 year assuming there is a bull run.

I have a different question. If I sell a plot today can I offset capital gains with money I had spent in home construction (within past 12 months) on a different rental property? Link below seems to suggest so but I was not entirely sure.

Tips on lowering tax liability arising out of profit made by selling a property - Business Today

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X