Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
2406 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

Originally posted by defu22 View Post
    I remember few years back credit chitti babu saying if corruption can be reduced the project cost can be reduced 30 to 40%.Credai kind of association cannot fight corruption for its members then who will fight the individual who need to pay up for bad links...they all will find their own grave soon if they don't raise up to the change..
    Chiitibabu himself is cheating his customers by delaying all his ( Akshaya) projects for several years and not paying enough compensation

Comment

I agreed that real estate market is going down and this is the right time to invest the money for buying property. Other investment is good but now a days if you have property or apartment you can give it in rent which also is good investment for a long time. Property price trends in Chennai is not that much high comparison to Delhi/NCR.
      Isha

Comment

If Reliance fund value has gone up 100 times in 22 years and that means about 20% CAGR should we call it as luck? I used to hold TVS Srichakra Tyres and Eicher Motors. They yield in the 20-30% range. I sold them 10 years ago. So it means bad luck? I just did not want to hold shares, as I trade. I dont trade in RE so I hold property. Simple. Ofcourse I know how to invest, but well if my investment grows it is luck, if it falls then I did not consult Veteran members on this board! Right? LOL!

Comment

RE King , 'Of course I know how to invest' - Fantastic!
          'if it falls then I did not consult Veteran members on this board' - Did anyone ask you to consult this board?
          Last edited by Malvish; May 14 2017, 09:33 AM. Reason: user tag

Comment

• RE King
            RE King commented
            Editing a comment
            Consult veteran members on this board!? You have no idea about anything!

Originally posted by RE King View Post
          If Reliance fund value has gone up 100 times in 22 years and that means about 20% CAGR should we call it as luck? I used to hold TVS Srichakra Tyres and Eicher Motors. They yield in the 20-30% range. I sold them 10 years ago. So it means bad luck? I just did not want to hold shares, as I trade. I dont trade in RE so I hold property. Simple. Ofcourse I know how to invest, but well if my investment grows it is luck, if it falls then I did not consult Veteran members on this board! Right? LOL!
          Above reeks of vacuousness and meaningful rationale.

Reliance Fund value went up because underlying earnings grew over 22 years and the cos had healthy RoEs and RoCEs. Forget the CAGR.

Now, you are holding the property for ever - why will it go up 20% CAGR and what are the intrinsic characteristics for it to grow? You have evaded answering this from the beginning completely oblivious to 'cash' and 'unaccounted money' playing a huge role.

If you don't know the answer, knowing protocol stack rarely helps - apply what you learnt in protocol stacks. If you don't, admit that it is all prayers and hope and been in the right place and right time. Many do it but simply don;t realize or admit it.

Comment

• RE King
            RE King commented
            Editing a comment
            Your survival on this board seems to be by criticizing anything I write here. Kudos! If Srichakra Tyres grows at 20% CAGR then is that wrong to hold? What are your saying? Other than of course trying to keep yourself criticizing me? I pity the board and the moderator for allowing you to write worthlessly!

Please check the data here... The Real Returns from Real Estate

https://teekhapan.wordpress.com/2017...been-very-low/

Comment

Dear All
            I support Maverick on his extensive knowledge on RE.I would have challenged him at times and i feel I am immature considering his vast knowledge.Even by looking at the data provided by gsvenkat it looks or it appears the RE is doing fine as for as Chennai is concerned 7.1 % from 2013 CAGR and 10 % on just this year which is definitely much better with regards to investment considering the cheap interesst offered by banks

Comment

For RE King:
              You missed the bus on Eicher Motors and Sri Chakra Tyres 10 years before by quitting just because you had tendency to trade - gathered from your own post. It does confirm that you do not look for growth prospects grounded by reasoning and miss the forest for trees. By the same token, you are saying the land will do 15-30% in future - a parrot Josiyam for now. All I am asking is why and how? You have been evading this ever since while talking so much but never coming to the crux. If you do not answer, it corroborates that it is the same hip-shoot decision on Eicher/Sri Chakra with out any meaningful reason. Pray and hope is not an investment strategy. Looking at the rear view mirror (15-30%) and driving is equally dangerous.

Pl get to the basics and focus on my message - not me or Moderators.

Comment

Rangadorai:

This is an anonymous forum. Respect should be carried and commensurate for what is being posted and on the sole merit of reasoning it stands on. Everything else matters less. Experience/Expertise/Veteran Status can all be misleading. Notwithstanding those who made 30% CAGR in the last 2 decades not having an inkling on why they got what they got. Being in the right place and right time is not bad but not knowing and realizing it is dangerous. Predicating on future using it is fatal.

Comment

Insults/Flaming
                  IREF was put together for people to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way – not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you. We are big into the free speech idea here. So you're free to say what you think – but do it in a constructive and positive way. We encourage mature debates – discourage childish arguments. Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members, along with constructive posting of opinions are essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked. Whilst we encourage healthy disagreement/debate, please maintain respect towards fellow members at all times.

Off Topic
                  Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.
                  Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

• RE King
                    RE King commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like Parrot josiyam is the relevant topic here! LOL!
                Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X