Collapse

Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: May 20 2021
2453 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

2 bed apartments are available in Adayar for Rs 15,000.

Nearby Tiruvanmiyur lot of To let boards.

IT nosedived and hence more flats available for rent

Comment

Originally posted by abk View Post
      the treatment obviously would be at kilpauk

and the people who shout "maruti maruti" on seeing a merc would get the same.

i hope all here know and can distinguish a maruti and a merc and if he has paid the merc price for a maruti god help him.

well for the others the point i was making was to impress the point of the 'abstracts' involved in owning a house versus renting one.
      well i am not asking to over leverage and get caught in a debt trap.
      if you can afford a maruti 800 then buy a 800 dont think about mercs.

but dont ever think mercs will be available at 800 prices. may be they will give you insurance or maintainance free but sell at 50% discount,they wont.
      they will file rather file for bankruptcy.
      Actually our friends ABK dont have money to buy a Maruthi so they imagine they had one and they sold it or they state that they will get a Merc for that price while they just cant buy a scooty! Ofcourse even for such folks there are nano houses at 5L for 100sqft! Let them buy that!

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
        2 bed apartments are available in Adayar for Rs 15,000.

Nearby Tiruvanmiyur lot of To let boards.

IT nosedived and hence more flats available for rent
        Thiruvanmiyur is not Adayar. OMR is not the same everywhere as birds assume! OMR starts at Madya Kailash and if any stupid bird can get a flat there for 2000psft then I will fly away!
        PS. Refer to another post about OMR and 2000psft for flat there by Lovebird!

Comment

Originally posted by abk View Post
          well people who couldnt discern between a 800 and merc who bought marutis(far away places) at merc prices(city proper) will definitely be a tragic scene.

but pity the people who still see mercs(t.nagar,alwarpet,annanagar,velachery beasent nagar etc) and shout 'not worth the 800 price'

and pity the people who believe the salesperson's claim of "no more marutis"

the difference between the merc and maruti is the difference between
          khader nawaz khan road and chinglepet. if that is not obvious then god help us all
          Dont get to upset with folks imagining about land in Koramangala and RK Salai and then selling the same in their dreams. Paper traders are not worth arguing with ABK. Take it easy with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
            Thiruvanmiyur is not Adayar. OMR is not the same everywhere as birds assume! OMR starts at Madya Kailash and if any stupid bird can get a flat there for 2000psft then I will fly away!
            PS. Refer to another post about OMR and 2000psft for flat there by Lovebird!
            Even child knows Tiruvanmiur is not Adayar.

But neighbour location gives indication how the flats are vacant.

Only idiots do not understand

Comment

Originally posted by sethugm View Post
              You know abk ,I have never seen a poster who wants to pay Maruti price for Mercedes but seeing few guys want Merceds price for Maruti.All the so-called bearish posters are willing to pay 2004 Inflation-Adjusted-Prices with positive tolerence. But am seeing people shouting 'Merce Merce' showing Maruti and even God can't help you.. and claim that Madras is full of Mercedes and no Maruti...
              I am also seeing folks talking about Maruthis (peramboke land at Medavakkam) as equal to Mercs (approved land in the city) and expect 20L for approved land in Medavakkam without knowing if it is approved or is peramboke and 30L for approved land in the city! The greed of these POOR folks to buy Mercs when they cant buy a Scooty is pitiable at best!

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
                Even child knows Tiruvanmiur is not Adayar.

But neighbour location gives indication how the flats are vacant.

Only idiots do not understand
                Birds dont understand that neigbouring nest is not the same as theirs! That is what the Koils and Kakas do? So they will quote Tiruvanmiyur prices for Adayar and try to use their feather brain to prove points. God save this board from these silly birds.

Comment

Missed the point entirely as usual!

Actually your write up was the RIGHT thinking but well our friends dont understand Demand and Supply though they talk about ECO101 course. I bet they flunked it!
                  You missed one stuff ABK. A house or a car for ownership gives you easy access and rights to enjoy. That is the main reason. A rental car may not be what you asked for, while your own car will be what it is. I drove my 20 year old bike all the way to Madras two weeks ago to get it re-registered. Some of the jokers on this board who like to assume I am an oldie, can take the challenge of driving a bike between the two places and I am not talking about the 150kmph racers. I have done numerous car trips for the past 15 years but this was the bike experience. Why do I do it? Since I enjoy the bike! That is what is ownership all about.
                  Our friends probably dont own anything so they can talk differently!

Nats,

Lets not get carried away with all this bike thingy.

If you have a 20year old bike, well, I have a 22 year old RX (an original jap bike imported in assembled form with most components Japanese, bought within 6 months of launch and have done over 1.60 lakh km on it). Even now people are willing to pay around 30k for this bike, which is twice the price I paid for the bike then (14k!!!) - the ones who owned one and know it like the owners of a well-known servicing joint here.

I have frequently done 110 on it and even at that speed there is ample power on tap (only the gearing ratio is unable to help me to a greater speed!). And I have had all the thrills of riding this bike

But all this is besides the point. The point is, for all the thrills (and no splls) will I pay a fortune, that too with borrowed money from banks, to buy this bike today?

I know my answer (NO!). But you seem too keen to be telling people to buy it off you for a fortune. And using this "thrill of experience and enjoyment" con to do it!. Thats the problem.

cheers
                  Last edited July 13 2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                    Nats,

Lets not get carried away with all this bike thingy.

If you have a 20year old bike, well, I have a 22 year old RX (an original jap bike imported in assembled form with most components Japanese, bought within 6 months of launch and have done over 1.60 lakh km on it). Even now people are willing to pay around 30k for this bike, which is twice the price I paid for the bike then (14k!!!) - the ones who owned one and know it like the owners of a well-known servicing joint here.

I have frequently done 110 on it and even at that speed there is ample power on tap (only the gearing ratio is unable to help me to a greater speed!). And I have had all the thrills of riding this bike

But all this is besides the point. The point is, for all the thrills (and no splls) will I pay a fortune, that too with borrowed money from banks, to buy this bike today?

I know my answer (NO!). But you seem too keen to be telling people to buy it off you for a fortune. And using this "thrill of experience and enjoyment" con to do it!. Thats the problem.

cheers
                    Typical of this joker!
                    I dont sell my bike. Neither do I make tall claims about 30K for that old bike. Well my bike has not even done 50K km yet! However I hold the bike for the fun and attachment I have for it. Not for making tall stupid claims.
                    Incidentally a 10 year old motorbike will sell for atmost 10K today and that too if a fool is ready to take it.
                    PS. Any fool wanting to buy a 1.6lakh km run bike can contact Wiseman and pay him 30k. I wont take that bike for free even. I know the problem of reregistration and I will not be foolish to buy bikes that have run 1L km!
                    It looks like Wiseman not only is ignorant about RE but also about bikes. Well god save us from him!

Comment

Who is the fool?

Typical of this joker!
                      I dont sell my bike. Neither do I make tall claims about 30K for that old bike. Well my bike has not even done 50K km yet! However I hold the bike for the fun and attachment I have for it. Not for making tall stupid claims.
                      Incidentally a 10 year old motorbike will sell for atmost 10K today and that too if a fool is ready to take it.
                      PS. Any fool wanting to buy a 1.6lakh km run bike can contact Wiseman and pay him 30k. I wont take that bike for free even. I know the problem of reregistration and I will not be foolish to buy bikes that have run 1L km!
                      It looks like Wiseman not only is ignorant about RE but also about bikes. Well god save us from him!

A guy who has held a bike for 20 years and run less than 50k km - and on top of it claims that he enjoys the thrills of riding does not quite understand what riding is all about; maybe he only used to ride it to the vegetable market at 20kmph!!!

Btw, Nats, the bike has run nearly 1.80 lakh kms. And the person offering me 30k is one who has serviced 100s of bikes over the last 15 years and owns one of the most successful Sales and Service joints here. Obviously, he understands bikes and biking at a level you will neer reach!

Besides, back in those days, I used to do Malleswaram to Widia (on Tumkur Road) in under 9 minutes and Malleswaram to Infantry Road (Blue Cross Chambers) in around 7 minutes in the early mornings around 6am. Also used to to MG Road to Yellahanka in around 16 minutes. Also used to do over 100kms a day on my work to various parts of town (no, I was not a salesman, just in case you got one of your brainwaves!). Have also done a lot of out-of-town tours. You have no idea what enjoyable biking is all about, so don't go about showing your ignorance and arrogance for all the youngsters on this forum to laugh at!

You have no idea what enjoyment is for a bike rider if you claim you barely rode it at all!!! You will only become a laughing stock amongst the younger crowd who probably do that 50k km in under 5 years today!

Maybe you also "enjoy" your property in a similar way; locking it up most of the year and opening it to stay in it 2 weeks annually!

Cheers

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X