Collapse

Property Price Trends in Chennai

Last updated: May 20 2021
2453 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Property Price Trends in Chennai

so i have to wait till 2014 now.. for another crash... oh my god... Thanks for the effort...

Comment

Thanks for sharing the trend. The Prices are upward bound. Also projects listed in 2009 and 2010 are not listed in the 2011 fairpro. Either they are sold out / builders are not desperate. To my knowledge quite a few constructions like L&T Eden Park are complete and handed over to the customers. I think we will have to wait, wait , wait and wait

Comment

That was a pleasant surprise!

Originally posted by nabishek View Post
        Thanks wiseman for your kind words and gesture.I am really happy for you and congratulations for having struck a golden deal.I am sure you benefitted from your non-compromising attitude there. I am still passively reading all your invaluable posts on IREF in other threads.Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your wisdom.

I might also make my purchase during this year itself. I am expecting some significant cashflow in the later part of this year.If I am lucky, It should be the right time to finalize the propery suiting my lifestyle needs and choice of location with zero debt of course. Hoping for the best.
        Abhishek,

May the gods bring down the price for just a little while for you to strike a god deal and take them up again!

All the best and keep posting on the forum whenever time permits.

This forum is so addictive that, between trading the markets, ramping up a Web startup (where I'm the sole software developer) and reading up about the world, I'm still able to put in a post or two from time to time!

Catch you sometime!

cheers

Comment

Hi Friends.

A Real Estate Price Ready Reckoner for Chennai Market can be found at the following link

CHENNAI REALTY - Chennai's No.1 Portal for Real Estate News

Past Trend Price List (Legible) : http://builderschennai.com/directory...ist/price.html
          Discussions on the same : https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...486#post116486
          Last edited February 28 2012, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Bumping up the most popular thread.

I was commenting on prices on another forum.

Back in 2009, with a 2C budget you can buy a 2000sqft Apt pretty much anywhere in the city (maybe except Boat Club).

Now you can buy a unit like that in Hiranandani OMR project, 50 kms away from the city.

Back then 50L was a avg price of a 2-bhk, now 1C for a 2-bhk is getting common.

Wonder what would be the median price in the next year or two?

Difficult to even imagine.

Comment

i thik my wait is getting fruitful... Oh god dont spoil this time

Comment

Defu,

I've been investing in Chennai real estate since 2003, now I'm entering again. I studied the market for past 8 months, though economy is not in good state and lot of uncertainties aroud, real estate prices are showing no signs of coming down significantly. I see lot of builders offering discounts and freebies (like Anthony developer) but that doesn't seem to be the general trend.

I finally decided to plunge in after a long unfruitful wait. Hope you are lucky in your wait.

Comment

Good Luck Love4Land

I think it is going to be pretty worse i have hell of a time this time to wait, i would enter 6-8 months or 1 year later or probably after election unless i get any good deal

Happy Hunting

Comment

I made a simple calculation, in 2003 when I invested in an apartment my annual salary was x and property value is 8x.

Now my salary is 20x but property value in same location is only 8x, does that mean property price hasn't peaked yet?

Comment

love4land

Can we be more specific? I mean which location is that apartment located?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X