Does anyone know about Shankar Nagar in Pammal. How is the area and neighbourhood? A seller quoted 38L for 2400sqft. Does the place go for that rate. Please advise.
Read more
51 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ask Pammal ke Sambandam. Anyway though I am not familiar with exact values, I think it looks pretty fair.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
    Does anyone know about Shankar Nagar in Pammal. How is the area and neighbourhood? A seller quoted 38L for 2400sqft. Does the place go for that rate. Please advise.

Dear friend

this rate seem to be reasonable.

Still you can negotiate further.

Today, no one is inclined to invest in anything.

If the seller is in urgency you will definitely get at good price

thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • Pammal

Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar

Dear friend,

Pammal is no good if you consider the ground water which is yellowish. In fact one of my known chaps alongwith his brothers built a common house in an ancestral property about 15 years back and had to sell at cheap rate due to the water issue and go to other places. For investment, one can buy if rate has come down drastically and not for own living, as I could learn about 10 years ago.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

Pammal is no good if you consider the ground water which is yellowish. In fact one of my known chaps alongwith his brothers built a common house in an ancestral property about 15 years back and had to sell at cheap rate due to the water issue and go to other places. For investment, one can buy if rate has come down drastically and not for own living, as I could learn about 10 years ago.

ks2071746

My dear KS 15 years back maybe.now after banning of wet processes of leather companies 10 yrs back,.the ground water is not yellowish.it is not sweet but definitely good for cooking and bathing.
    i gather you havent visited pammal lately.it is a nice place,less crowded
    and all amenities like more,spencers etc.shankar nagar is a good layout with broad roads and silent residential locality.
    CommentQuote
  • I have not visited Pammal. How about the rental rates? Does it have rental demands.
    CommentQuote
    I have not visited Pammal. How about the rental rates? Does it have rental demands.

Maybe you should, or ask someone you know to go have a look.

Talking with residents in the locality will give you idea of the ground reality.

They may also know who all are the previous owners, about any litigation if any.

Dont go by the talks of the brokers.They will say in 6 months the value will double and they themselves will buy it back from you.After they get the commision they will vanish.

My personal experience, do not also believe all the shopkeepers, watchman, dhobi/ironing guy in the locality.They are the new age brokers who mushroomed.They dont know anything about real estate business, but will be talking in crores and unnecessarily inflating the price and speculate.They should only be used as grapevine to know of any good property thats available.Never to mediate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nabishek
    Maybe you should, or ask someone you know to go have a look.

Talking with residents in the locality will give you idea of the ground reality.

They may also know who all are the previous owners, about any litigation if any.

Dont go by the talks of the brokers.They will say in 6 months the value will double and they themselves will buy it back from you.After they get the commision they will vanish.

My personal experience, do not also believe all the shopkeepers, watchman, dhobi/ironing guy in the locality.They are the new age brokers who mushroomed.They dont know anything about real estate business, but will be talking in crores and unnecessarily inflating the price and speculate.They should only be used as grapevine to know of any good property thats available.Never to mediate.

Your post is absolutely fantastic.

Am surprised to see when someone not familiar with exact values but rating it as pretty fair.

Am also surprised to see howcome the yellow-ground-water becoming potable/cookable/bathable in few years ?

May be someone else will write saying the water can be equivalent to Kinley/Bisleri and rate Rs 45 Lacs and carries 20-30 percent annual appreciation.

I can see the real colour of people/water ...Not just prejudiced ...Its Jaundiced ..Yes Yellowish.
    CommentQuote
    I have not visited Pammal. How about the rental rates? Does it have rental demands.

rentals have increased only in the last year.there is good demand for rentals as it is near the airport and many employees prefer to stay near.
    shankar nagar has a good school sankara vidyalaya, a polytechnic ,
    sankara eye hospital and hence should fetch reasonable rentals.but they are not as high as city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    Your post is absolutely fantastic.

Am surprised to see when someone not familiar with exact values but rating it as pretty fair.

Am also surprised to see howcome the yellow-ground-water becoming potable/cookable/bathable in few years ?

May be someone else will write saying the water can be equivalent to Kinley/Bisleri and rate Rs 45 Lacs and carries 20-30 percent annual appreciation.

I can see the real colour of people/water ...Not just prejudiced ...Its Jaundiced ..Yes Yellowish.

if you want to know how water changes from yellow to fair,you should also know the reason why it happened in the first place.it was because of the leather factories and only parts of pammal were affected.
    may be many people here failed in science and geography in school and cannot understand pollution.
    and if you are not myopic open your eyes properly and read,nobody has commented on the price,fair or otherwise.
    and kinley and bisleri are treated water by RO process which can convert even hard water with high TDS into drinkable one. the domestic RO plant is 8000/- and hence relating water quality to land price is senseless.
    some people are born stupid.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abk
    if you want to know how water changes from yellow to fair,you should also know the reason why it happened in the first place.it was because of the leather factories and only parts of pammal were affected.
    may be many people here failed in science and geography in school and cannot understand pollution.
    and if you are not myopic open your eyes properly and read,nobody has commented on the price,fair or otherwise.
    and kinley and bisleri are treated water by RO process which can convert even hard water with high TDS into drinkable one. the domestic RO plant is 8000/- and hence relating water quality to land price is senseless.

No developing country does any rehabilitation of soil/water deterioated by senseless lunatics & surprised to see the dramatic change in the water quality.

Still Chennai HC is trying to contain the pollution emitted by these leather/textile companies in many places . No company is doing the proper water treatment and spoiling many places.

If you have some vision problem, open your eyes properly & wear your specs and read this particular thread completely . Still have problem ,pls take help from someone else ....Or just press Ctrl + F and look for 'fair'..(Though this word will be averse of you)...

Thanks for your 'advice' on RO and cost details.

Many people are born cheaters....
    CommentQuote
  • I was reading the comments on Pammal. What about Anakaputhur? Is it worth to buy a plot there to build a house.
    CommentQuote
    My dear KS 15 years back maybe.now after banning of wet processes of leather companies 10 yrs back,.the ground water is not yellowish.it is not sweet but definitely good for cooking and bathing.
    i gather you havent visited pammal lately.it is a nice place,less crowded
    and all amenities like more,spencers etc.shankar nagar is a good layout with broad roads and silent residential locality.

Dear friend,

You are right that I have not visited Pammal almost in the last 5 years or so thinking that the place will be bad with yellowish water. Compared to so many places- outskirts like Urapakkam etc. Pammal is not far away from City. I have gone to Anakaputhur, the place is far away from GST Road and almost nearer to Sriperumbudhur.

ks2071746

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethugm
    No developing country does any rehabilitation of soil/water deterioated by senseless lunatics & surprised to see the dramatic change in the water quality.

the rain water harvesting itself has improved the level and quality of water in many areas including mine.
    as abk said, pollutants would have been washed out(naturally by rain water) in a few years and the water might return to its originality.
    nothing surprising about it.No developing country does any rehabilitation of soil/water deterioated by senseless lunatics & surprised to see the dramatic change in the water quality.

the rain water harvesting itself has improved the level and quality of water in many areas including mine.
    as abk said, pollutants would have been washed out(naturally by rain water) in a few years and the water might return to its originality.
    nothing surprising about it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newboy
    nothing surprising about it.

I know the level of rain-water-harvesting done in Chennai. Not even 0.01 percent of the people would have done it with care to serve the real cause . Others are just eye-wash .

Howmany years it will take to return to its originality ?

May be worth checking with an environmental agency ... Does anyone have the communication details to check TN/Chennai pollution levels ?

Cheers.
    CommentQuote

Dear friend,
    Most students do not fail in science or geography. They fail in Maths mostly.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote