its been over 10 months since i applied for subdivision patta in chennai ,so far nothing is happening' whats the way forward? Does it take this long, i have a building plan approval which was given to me by the seller from whom i bought 2 years ago, so can i build wthout getting subdivision patta' the parent patta is ok which i checked in tamilnadu e services website, could someone advise me? Thanks
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Kumar,
    I too have applied for a patta transfer at the Ambattur Taluk office in March 2008 and until now I have not receive any reply. By right they are suppose to respond within a month to get procedure done. I am also waiting like you have.

Anyway you can go ahead and build your house without a patta transfer. All you need to have a land and building approval from the municipal/CMDA.

By the way which area did you apply for the Patta transfer.
    CommentQuote
  • land patta transfer

thanks for your reply Mr suresh,the area is sriperambadur taluk where it was applied, what reasons are beeing given for the delays??
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Kumar
    When I checked with the office they said only Mondays the surveyor will do the job. The office was pushing things around with no proper reply and everyone says do not know. I got frustrated and came back home. I think they are waiting for some dabboo then they will process it.
    CommentQuote
  • land patta transfer

dear suresh, thanks for your reply, my best wishes,hope you get it done soon,keep me posted on any development,since i am living abroad my only source of information is the net,i used to search in the hindu property website and times of india website, by typing 'patta transfer'you will read a host of topics really interesting,and mindbogling informations on patta transfer,according to my contact in chennai ,the survey was done some months back,but you see it is still dragging?my best wishes
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kkkumar
    dear suresh, thanks for your reply, my best wishes,hope you get it done soon,keep me posted on any development,since i am living abroad my only source of information is the net,i used to search in the hindu property website and times of india website, by typing 'patta transfer'you will read a host of topics really interesting,and mindbogling informations on patta transfer,according to my contact in chennai ,the survey was done some months back,but you see it is still dragging?my best wishes

Dear friend,

Here money matters... If you see a mediator to execute this work you can get it done within few months.

Otherwise it will drag like this for years.

In india money rules the (ordinary) people.

Shame...

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • I WOULD KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO VISIT THE POST BY REC20130 and Myself on the link, pratical diffcultys in getting patta, it will be as a joke but in fact it is true, Visit this link
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/60594-procedures-to-get-patta-for-the-land-in-chennai?t=62003
    CommentQuote
  • Individual Patta is perfect with FMB sketch so that no neighbours in all sides will wage a war with small inches and cms .

This will also throw out the boundaries and limits in all sides perfectly though it is detailed in Sale deed .

Most of the disputes in border and boundaries arise due to this and spending few thousands to have surveyors visit and subsequent issue of Patta will relieve you with all disputes with boundary stones laid acceptable to all .

Originally Posted by bala_animation
    I WOULD KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO VISIT THE POST BY REC20130 and Myself on the link, pratical diffcultys in getting patta, it will be as a joke but in fact it is true, Visit this link

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/60594-procedures-to-get-patta-for-the-land-in-chennai?t=62003
    CommentQuote
  • hi...you could apply a RTI with the thasildhar.....your RTI should be addressed with in 1month....If you are not getting any reply.you could right away lodge a online complaint in the CM cell website...so if u dont have patient then there is an another way which s very familiar called BRIBE...one more imp thing , ppl near sriperumbathur etc..make sure you get the patta...bcox those place can go with SIPCOT anytime n if u didnt get t patta those officals r ready to loot the money which u will get...
    CommentQuote
  • Friens
    I read in news paper that, patta related complaints can be raised at this no: 044 25268323. Give a try and if it works, please let me know :)

Thanks
    Raj
    CommentQuote
  • Iyyencherry VAO office ?

Originally Posted by Rajendranr
    Friens
    I read in news paper that, patta related complaints can be raised at this no: 044 25268323. Give a try and if it works, please let me know :)

Thanks
    Raj

Hi Rajendran,

I need to start patta name transfer process. According to various news papers, one has to submit the name transfer application with necessary documents at local VAO office on Mondays. (Earlier we need to go to Taluk office and now it is VAO office it seems)

My property is at Revathipuram. When I was looking for corresponding VAO office in TN Govt website, I came to know that Iyyencherry to which Revathipuram belongs is one Revenue Village and Urapakkam is another Revenue Village.

Urapakkam VAO office is marked in Priya Nagar. Not sure whether it is correct.
    By any chance do you know where the Iyyencherry VAO office is located?
    Unfortunately I couldn't find any web site where VAO office addresses are listed.

Any replies will help.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • VAO office - Urapakkam, Ayyancherry, Kilambakkam

For Urapakkam, Ayyancherry and Kilambakkam revenue villages, the VAO office is located in the building next to Urapakkam's EB office. Urapakkam EB offiice can be seen in this wikimapia link: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

This Monday my parents went there to apply for patta name transfer. They had the downloaded application, filled it and had notary public attested document copies of all property related documents. The staff opened the office by 10 AM. They gave a new application and asked to fill it and also gave a pre-printed "Manu" to sign. They collected all the land related documents and stapled them along with the application and "Manu". VAO came there by 1 PM, verified the application and documents (not sure whether he signed anything) and gave them the "Opputhal cheetu". He advised my parents to go to Taluk (Thasildar) office at Chengalpet on the third Friday from this Monday. He also adviced my parents to take all the original documents along with the "Opputhal cheetu" while going to Taluk office.

At VAO office, no one asked for any money not even a single paise.
    The "Oputhal cheetu" has all the information like the date on which the application was submitted etc.

Hopping for the best at Taluk office. Will update how it goes there in Taluk office in 3 weeks.

Hope this information will be helpful for someone some day.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ShyamGanesh

At VAO office, no one asked for any money not even a single paise.

Thats heartening to hear.
    CommentQuote
  • ShyamGanesh,

Did you received the patta from Taluk office. if so can you share your experience with us.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gbraja4u
    ShyamGanesh,

Did you received the patta from Taluk office. if so can you share your experience with us.

Yep. Received it on September 6, 2013. Went to the Thasildar office on that day. They hadnt verified any original documents. Looked into some books and said the name transfer is done and Urapakkam VAO has collected the Patta. We happened to meet the VAO himself at Thasildar office and he said we can collect it from his office. We went to VAO office and they asked for Rs. 5000, and we gave Rs. 4000 and they gave us patta and some other document.

I immediately checked online, and the name transfer is done.

All it took was Rs.4000, 3 weeks of time and couple of visits to Govt. office

Not that bad
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Shyam.
    CommentQuote