Last updated: August 6 2009
98 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Dont Sell your Land for a Song

I agree, but ...

Originally posted by surla View Post
    Nats and wiseman plz exchange ure email IDs and keep the verbal assaults outside the board. And Mr.Nats, even though you talk about your IIT degree doesn't reflect in ure language. Keep it healthy argument even if you don't approve other's ideas.

ps...people from Harvard, Sloan, IIMs are the ones responsible for the current global slump.

Can and Surla,

I agree with you. But when Nats comes out with stupid stuff that "Harvard, ... means little to me", I simply can't resist having a go!!!

Nats: They mean little to you simply because you don't have the acumen to understand!!!

cheers

Comment

People in Glass houses ...

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
      Now I must hasten to add that many silly NRIs on this board tend to believe that if people CANT cars in US, cars wont be sold in India. These are those unsuccessful folks from India who fled as cheap labour abroad. Now they use the same logic to talk about RE. However as it has been shown, Auto sales are booming. So will RE be left behind?

Nats,

Don't forget that, once upon a time, only a short time ago, you too were one of those cheap labour guys in the business. So, with that statement you are only cheapening yourself ...

Besides, at least those "cheap" people are still at it making a honest living. As for you, you only degraded from a "cheap" export laborer to a really cheap RE speculator ...

I rest my case !

cheers

Comment

Well I am only too curious to find out what these bear dreamers will do when the market shoots up again in the coming months?
        I am a bear and believe the recovery might take a couple of years and would not be a few months. If RE goes up in few months probably i will forget about getting a home inside city, live on rent and retire away from the city in a palace.

India's growth which the govt was sure of growing at 7% until was revised to 5.1% and may be still lowered to 3% for 2009. I did not believe when people said India's growth is decoupled from the world and similarly I will not believe that car sales and RE are decoupled from the general economy. US was the first to go down in the world and looks like India is the last but India might be the last in recovery too. If India was immune, rupee should not be 52/$ should rather be 42/$...

This is my logic and I could very well be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
          Can and Surla,

I agree with you. But when Nats comes out with stupid stuff that "Harvard, ... means little to me", I simply can't resist having a go!!!

Nats: They mean little to you simply because you don't have the acumen to understand!!!

cheers
          Hahaha... you are ignored...LOL!

Comment

Nats,

Don't forget that, once upon a time, only a short time ago, you too were one of those cheap labour guys in the business. So, with that statement you are only cheapening yourself ...

Besides, at least those "cheap" people are still at it making a honest living. As for you, you only degraded from a "cheap" export laborer to a really cheap RE speculator ...

I rest my case !

cheers
            Wise Idiot, I did not sell myself to Americans. I was not working for Americans as a Cheap labour NRI!
            As for you, you are sold for Rs 50 per post to this NRI cartel. So please continue to write your crap as you dont have matter to create new posts.ROTFL.

Comment

Originally posted by surla View Post
              I am a bear and believe the recovery might take a couple of years and would not be a few months. If RE goes up in few months probably i will forget about getting a home inside city, live on rent and retire away from the city in a palace.

India's growth which the govt was sure of growing at 7% until was revised to 5.1% and may be still lowered to 3% for 2009. I did not believe when people said India's growth is decoupled from the world and similarly I will not believe that car sales and RE are decoupled from the general economy. US was the first to go down in the world and looks like India is the last but India might be the last in recovery too. If India was immune, rupee should not be 52/$ should rather be 42/$...

This is my logic and I could very well be wrong.
              Surla, your writing is interesting but what do you mean you will retire and live in a palace. Maybe you feel living away from the city in a large farmhouse is palace.
              All I want to tell you is that American economy and for that matter many Western economies work very very differently from Indian economy. I am not sure that I will be able to explain this in a few lines on this board. However one point you need to note and then rack your brain is. In USA salary grows by 5% to 10% p.a. and I know a 10% hike is for the brilliant. In India I have had 30% cumulative growth in my salary from 1987 to 2003 when I quit the industry. Between 2003 and 2008 donkeys in SW, Broking and many other industries had salary move up 5 times. This is an anamoly if you think AMERICAAAAN!
              Next Dollar value for stuff has not changed to the best of my knowledge from 1988 when I first VISITED (not got EMPLOYED like WiseSlave!) USA until now. A dollar yet purchases almost similar goods, but in INdia the rupee has depreciated from 13s or so to 52+ as I write this.
              Many foolish Indians (I suspect I might need to add u to that list) who went to USA and enamoured it, did not use their native intelligence and never learnt about India and keep harping that what happens in USA will happen in the rest of the world.
              I know Americans by nature are short sighted and think that there is only USA in the World, like Bombayas think there is only Bombay in India. However short sighted people will realise the need for spectacles when they STUMBLE.
              Take care Surla and the right knowledge spectacles or you will trip over your own incorrect knowledge!

Comment

Nats,

I rest my case !

cheers
                Wiseman, did you sufficient of your favourite food today?
                PS. Wiseman's favourite food is Diarrhea.

Comment

Chennai Land is yet CHEAP

The other day I was browsing an advt in TOI Bangalore and a person was selling a piece of land in Basveshwara Nagar. The price Rs 9000 psft. Now to compare Basveshwara Nagar (BN) with a place in CHennai. Well BN is like a suburb of Malleswaram almost 5-6 km from Malleswaram.
                  Now compare the same with Chennai. A suburb of TNagar...well that is what KK Nagar, Saligramam and the rest are. A suburb of Adayar and that is what Kottivakkam and Palavakkam are. And Velachery itself is a suburb much better located than BN.
                  In all these places price of land is not anywhere close to 9K psft. Take Vadapalani, Saligramam area. We are gonna have Forum Mall, there is Big Bazaar and the underground subway is going to be there. So in reality it should be compared with Koramangala not BN in Bangalore. So the price should be around 15000 psft but well people try to ask land owners to sell for Rs 7K psft if they are lucky and dirty brokers prefer a price of Rs 5K psft. In other words land price in Chennai is just toooooo low for what it is worth.
                  Now take the price of a flat and then you will find Bangalore is too cheap. In Malleswaram a flat can be got for Rs 6 to 7K psft. Here land costs close to Rs 15-20K psft. If you take a Mylapore or TNagar with similar land prices, flat prices are as high as Rs 15K. Why?
                  Reason is FSI in Madras is 1.5 full stop. Even if MSBs where FSIs go to 3.5 the dirty builders price it very high. So a normal flat in Saligramam costs Rs 5.5K psft and a Ceebros or Appaswamy cost Rs 6K psft even though they use 3.5 FSI. So it shows builders in Chennai cheat. Average Madrasis dont seem to think one bit about this. They are more busy chatting their life out on mundane stuff!
                  In summary it is better to land in Chennai (and dont talk about my vested interest... since I dont plan to sell my lands anyway!!) and best place to a flat is Bangalore (again I dont sell flats either nor land in Bangalore!!). Ofcourse this board is filled with foolish writers who are talking about a 20% discount in prices in some god damn place in Siruseri or Medavakkam and say that prices will fall.
                  Simple logic. DONT SELL YOUR LAND FOR A SONG. And flat to live, ONLY LAND TO INVEST. Since you can reuse land, you just cant do much with flat. So the cheapest flats and you get them in Bangalore!

Comment

In summary it is better to PURCHASE land in Chennai (and dont talk about my vested interest... since I dont plan to sell my lands anyway!!) and best place to PURCHASE a flat is Bangalore (again I dont sell flats either nor land in Bangalore!!).

The above correction is to be added to earlier message from me as this forum makes the word B U Y disappear!

Comment

In summary it is better to PURCHASE land in Chennai (and dont talk about my vested interest... since I dont plan to sell my lands anyway!!) and best place to PURCHASE a flat is Bangalore (again I dont sell flats either nor land in Bangalore!!).

The above correction is to be added to earlier message from me as this forum makes the word B U Y disappear!
                      Hey Nats. Do you really own a land?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X