And the argument continues should one invest in a flat or an independent house if he has the resources to meet?

With the rates like 180 Lacs for just 4 walls and a dry pool, a corner called gym and a community hall which suddenly becomes phase II and crazy parking spaces and doors opening onto ur neighbours living room is it worth to go for it and I forgot to mention the maintenance charges and the associations.........

What happens to these apartments when they grow beyond 25 years? Just after 10 years they look so withered. Resale Flats in Gandhi Nagar looks so unkempt and with the old rusting lifts and mosaic floors and narrow stairs they have the audacity to quote more than 5000 per sq ft!!!
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think we need to calculate how it would affect us financially. I am not talking abt super-rich people who can pay cash for whole amount. If you are working and need to take a loan...its really a shock seeing the prices quoted for properties inside the city. Thinking about what if you could deposit the 180 lakhs in a SBI deposit and get around 8% return or get a property worth the same amount paying interest around 9%. Even if the prices stagnate...it would be a loss taking into account inflation.

I am not sure if RE is still a good investment as it used to be before. I too was thinking about ing a property but now i have second thoughts unless the prices come down say 30%. Probably I might be a lot better off by investing else where and not in RE.

This forum has been very helpful in gaining more knowledge in RE.
    CommentQuote
  • As I always said,Land appreciates, building depreciates. As I also said, DONT SELL YOUR LAND FOR A SONG!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    As I always said,Land appreciates, building depreciates. As I also said, DONT SELL YOUR LAND FOR A SONG!

Dear friend,

I would rather like to say- land appreciates faster than the flats. Building, in all practical sense and reality, does not really depreciate, but appreciate at a lower rate than the land. Neither sell the land for a song nor at high prices at any point of time.

ks2071746 :p
    CommentQuote
  • Go for independent house if you are rich
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Go for independent house if you are rich

Yep and you will come and stay as a tenant and pay pittance! Right? That is what you are doing in Mambalam, right?
    PS. If you a house dont rent it to Nataraaaaaaaaaaaaaaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Go for independent house if you are rich

Dear friend,

I would rather say, go for an independent house in a good and decent locality if you can afford with your cash in hand either white or black, but not with a heavy bank loan.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

I would rather say, go for an independent house in a good and decent locality if you can afford with your cash in hand either white or black, but not with a heavy bank loan.

ks2071746

Why not say " dont take loans to finance RE "?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Curious Cat
    And the argument continues should one invest in a flat or an independent house if he has the resources to meet?

With the rates like 180 Lacs for just 4 walls and a dry pool, a corner called gym and a community hall which suddenly becomes phase II and crazy parking spaces and doors opening onto ur neighbours living room is it worth to go for it and I forgot to mention the maintenance charges and the associations.........

What happens to these apartments when they grow beyond 25 years? Just after 10 years they look so withered. Resale Flats in Gandhi Nagar looks so unkempt and with the old rusting lifts and mosaic floors and narrow stairs they have the audacity to quote more than 5000 per sq ft!!!

Dear friend

ing a plot and constructing a house of your taste will be always good and worth.

You can do modifications in future.

Thanks

chataara
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote