]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Personal-Finance/Realty-prices-come-crashing-down/articleshow/4259821.cms

Looks like we are almost there...Chennai seems to be the odd ball though. Defies common sense and logic but for how long?

higher you go harder you fall
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by surla
    ]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Personal-Finance/Realty-prices-come-crashing-down/articleshow/4259821.cms

Looks like we are almost there...Chennai seems to be the odd ball though. Defies common sense and logic but for how long?

The reason is simple. As I discussed in another article prices of land in Chennai have not gone up anywhere close to what similar land in say Bangalore have gone upto and in Bombay and Mumbai they are at atrocious prices. So where is a fall possible. The prices in Chennai have not gone up sufficiently for so many years that they also dont fall much.
    So there is no surprise element in this.
    The reason is simple. As I discussed in another article prices of land in Chennai have not gone up anywhere close to what similar land in say Bangalore have gone upto and in Bombay and Mumbai they are at atrocious prices. So where is a fall possible. The prices in Chennai have not gone up sufficiently for so many years that they also dont fall much.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by surla

Yes, since the prices of RE in chennai went mad some 2 years ago, now it is falling
    CommentQuote