I found the location, layout and other amenities of this plots looking good.
It is not too far from IT parks. when enquired about the price, I was told
35 lakhs per ground. Before making any decision, I want your inputs about the price and the reputation of the builder.

Thanks.
]http://jmjsurya.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40&Itemid=104
Read more
Reply
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear friend,

    Plot prices are bound to come down. Better wait.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

    Plot prices are bound to come down. Better wait.

    ks2071746


    Thanks for the reply. How about the location?. Is there any dump yard nearby ( like perungudi) or any other issues?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

    During my next trip to Chennai, I will visit the area and give my views. In the meantime, other members/guests in nearby areas may like to give their views.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 35 lakhs per ground is too high in this down turn period. No buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Rs 35 lakhs per ground is too high in this down turn period. No buyers.


    Thanks. Can you please tell me what is the average cost of the land around this area after jan 2009.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nataraajg007
    Rs 35 lakhs per ground is too high in this down turn period. No buyers.


    I did not negotiate yet. Looks like the seller is not willing for negotiation...
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

    I feel, in todays RE scenario, around Rs. 25 lakhs may be a good deal. Better to wait till then.

    ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Even 25 lakhs is too much..I have had enquiries in Uthandi for 20 lakhs now....Kovalam is too far with no amenities
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jinga31
    Even 25 lakhs is too much..I have had enquiries in Uthandi for 20 lakhs now....Kovalam is too far with no amenities


    Interesting, The last I heard the running rate for uthandi near toll gate was 35-40 Lakhs/grnd.

    jay2008 - It seems too pricey.The location,facilities and amneties looks good and connectivity wise its close to kelambakkam(Siruseri).

    Check which CRZ it falls in and since its near the backwater ask for a soil test report.
    CommentQuote
  • RMY residency

    Originally Posted by nabishek
    Interesting, The last I heard the running rate for uthandi near toll gate was 35-40 Lakhs/grnd.

    jay2008 - It seems too pricey.The location,facilities and amneties looks good and connectivity wise its close to kelambakkam(Siruseri).

    Check which CRZ it falls in and since its near the backwater ask for a soil test report.


    Thanks nabishek for your inputs. I will definetly look into soil test report.
    I also want to wait for the price to come down, but the situation particularly in chennai is different. The price has not fallen that much.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nabishek
    Interesting, The last I heard the running rate for uthandi near toll gate was 35-40 Lakhs/grnd.

    jay2008 - It seems too pricey.The location,facilities and amneties looks good and connectivity wise its close to kelambakkam(Siruseri).

    Check which CRZ it falls in and since its near the backwater ask for a soil test report.

    Thanks nabishek for your inputs. Your point on the soil test report is worth considering.

    It looks like the price did not all that much in chennai. How do you feel ?
    CommentQuote
  • Just curious, why you want this property? Is it for investment or for living? If for investment I wont comment now. If for living, I suspect you are talking about living in a place which is not Madras to me. Incidentally Kovalam was a picnic spot in those days (late 70s, 80s). Can anyone live there and work in Chennai? Well maybe! After all I have a relative working in TCS Siruseri.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Just curious, why you want this property? Is it for investment or for living? If for investment I wont comment now. If for living, I suspect you are talking about living in a place which is not Madras to me. Incidentally Kovalam was a picnic spot in those days (late 70s, 80s). Can anyone live there and work in Chennai? Well maybe! After all I have a relative working in TCS Siruseri.


    It is for living only. I want to live in independent house which I am dreaming for long time. I know it will be distant dream, if I want inside the city.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jay2008
    Thanks nabishek for your inputs. I will definetly look into soil test report.
    I also want to wait for the price to come down, but the situation particularly in chennai is different. The price has not fallen that much.


    Price in chennai outskirts have already corrected by 10-20%.

    Newer plots will be always costly in a locality owing to high investment and original cost by the plot developer.

    Look for DTCP approved resale plots in the locality, you will be able to get a better deal and bargain.In either case, Make sure you check the documents thoroughly.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nabishek
    Interesting, The last I heard the running rate for uthandi near toll gate was 35-40 Lakhs/grnd.

    jay2008 - It seems too pricey.The location,facilities and amneties looks good and connectivity wise its close to kelambakkam(Siruseri).

    Check which CRZ it falls in and since its near the backwater ask for a soil test report.


    I am not so sure that Uthandi is that high anymore...It will drop further too...
    CommentQuote