How do the bears write on this board!
I AM A BEAR SO I EXPECT PRICE OF RE TO FALL.
IF IT DID NOT FALL LAST YEAR, IT WILL FALL THIS YEAR.
IF IT DID NOT FALL THIS YEAR, IT HAS TO FALL NEXT YEAR.

If RE prices dont fall then it will fall.
If someone said RE prices have fallen then it will fall more.

DONT BUY RE BECAUSE PRICES WILL FALL.
For how long will it fall? It will fall until eternity.

Okey Dont have time to add more of bear cries. I will let our bears continue with this lamenting and make the board enjoyable. After all bears have to cry and cry and cry a million times and hope prices will fall. So give them a chance to cry on this board since in real life RE is just not falling in Chennai or Bangalore.
Read more
42 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    So if somebody says "RE is independant of IT" then they are kid eh? Actually there is a likely fall in Nifty in the next few days and then the bears can use that as another excuse why RE will fall. In other words bears are not kids, they are just fanatics with no thinking about RE. When I said bears I meant RE bears only.

Dear friend,

RE especially flats have direct relations with IT field. The uptrend was mainly due to IT sector growth so far. The downtrend is also due to the IT slowdown being faced now. IT guys can be termed as the bulls in RE flats market. Vice versa, in case of bears, may not be true.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

RE especially flats have direct relations with IT field. The uptrend was mainly due to IT sector growth so far. The downtrend is also due to the IT slowdown being faced now. IT guys can be termed as the bulls in RE flats market. Vice versa, in case of bears, may not be true.

ks2071746

Flats dont mean RE and RE does not mean Flats. RE is the sum total of all buying and selling of physical assets for living. No doubt more flats are being built because of IT but that does not mean IT drives RE. Do you mean to say that in 1999 RE was a dead industry?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Flats dont mean RE and RE does not mean Flats. RE is the sum total of all buying and selling of physical assets for living. No doubt more flats are being built because of IT but that does not mean IT drives RE. Do you mean to say that in 1999 RE was a dead industry?

When he says RE is related to IT, it means, the irrational RE price increase we saw in the last few years is due to IT and Foreign investment. You pretend as though you don't know this.

We didn't see this price rice in nineties. Now IT as well as Foreign investments slowing down, RE has to come down too and it has come down and stagnating at this price for more than an year. It will remain this way for another two years.

I don't understand how the bulls keep saying the RE would never come down. Let us discuss when the prices would start rising,after two years or after four years. Investors please delay your investment - if you are doing it for speculation- you have got lot to gain.
    CommentQuote
  • In 1999 RE was in coma ...

Originally Posted by Natarajg007

Nats,

Forgetting so soon? RE prices peaked in 1995, bottomed in 1998, remained largely dormant till 2002 (and the 2000 - 2002 period was due to the global recession primarily led by the dot com crash which indirectly implies that IT was the primary driver of RE price rise in those days) and finally rose to catch up with 1995 prices only by early 2005.

So, it took 10 years for the boom times to return - and the world was not even in such a major global deprerssion!!!

This time around the price rise from 2003-2004 to 2008 has been even steeper and primarily driven by excess credit pumped into the system. This credit is fast being extracted out of the system and will continue till this world has much less money sloshing around looking for opportunities.

Logical to assume that prices will follow this credit contraction, since they were fueled by it in the first place.

This slump will probably take longer to recover than the last one and that means maybe over 10 years!!!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • crash imminent

RE crash is imminent.
    People will struggle to sell RE for years, who have bought at current prices.
    people have senn rise now they will see steep fall
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

RE downtrend will continue for atleast another 12 to 18 months. This is what I expect the recovery in economy and the start of the IT services uptrend. I gather from the IT guys that there a few other whales in the IT industry like Satyam, may not be with such big scams/frauds, but to some lower extent. It will be very difficult to find out soon. During such salary cut era, I also gather that those Sr. Officials, who used to get Rs. 1 cr. plus per annum salaries get some lower say 10-15% etc. But the lower level employees who used to get Rs.2 to 3 lakhs or even Rs. 6 to 9 lakhs etc. per annum, now by way of reduced variable pay, may get almost 25 to 40 % of their take home pay less. It is tough time for many. Those IT guys even with both the husband and wife working, are finding it difficult to service their house loans or credit card dues. Many have not saved much during their early days of employment which otherwise would have come to their rescue to some extent at this point of time.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • RE went up by 4 to 10 times depending on locality between 2003 and 2008. So if it falls 20% as most of you WISH (though it is not happening in Chennai) is that what you mean by collapse, fall etc?
    BTW salaries had gone up 3 to 7 times between 2003 and 2008. How much will this correct? Just a few jobs going here and there means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, just fodder for some silly bears to write daily on this board.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Both bears and bulls are silly as they spoilsport unexpectedly.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • I suspect I should have the title changed to BEAR SUICIDE instead of BEAR CRY.
    CommentQuote
  • Looks like the bears are already dead. Not a trace of them since the rise, just that the Mad guy writes about Options that he does not trade in! Comeon bears wake up and accept defeat and then eat your cyanide !
    CommentQuote
  • What a shame? All those challenging bears are missing! Comeon bears be a sport.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by badrig
    RE crash is imminent.
    People will struggle to sell RE for years, who have bought at current prices.
    people have senn rise now they will see steep fall

Very interesting post just a few months ago. Situation has changed so much from then!
    CommentQuote