Dear Friends,
Could anyone please let me know what would be the ideal price / sq.ft at the jasmine court by ETA STAR Developers near porur.
Read more
15 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear friend,

I would say, around Rs. 2500/sq. ft. for this location though they would have sold the earlier phases at much higher prices during the boom period. Please be aware, sorrounding areas are prone for water logging, one can see from the Poonamalli High Road side warer stagnation in many places even with slight rain.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • KS

Thanks for ur reply. can anyone pls let me know what UDS & UDS value stands for?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by polymertech
    Dear Friends,
    Could anyone please let me know what would be the ideal price / sq.ft at the jasmine court by ETA STAR Developers near porur.

UDS stands for Undivided share of land, Thats the amount of land you own in the apartment complex.

FSI is Floor space index, it gives the amount of builtup space you can build on the land.

If FSI is 1.5, in 2400sqft land you can build 3600/sqft space.

i.e. In 2400sqft land 4 flats can be built of 900 sqft each, each flat gets 600 sqft share of land which is the UDS.

Hope its clear.

The price for ETA Jasmine court project was 3800-4000/sqft for phaseI/II.

Have a look at the location before deciding whether If you are ok with it.The project site is adjacent to a cemetry, and some blocks even face them.

For the matter, most of the new projects in Chennai are near or over old cemetry's..Good thing that RE is looking downwards, otherwise builders would have also started to charge premium charges for cemetry view.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nabishek
    UDS stands for Undivided share of land, Thats the amount of land you own in the apartment complex.

FSI is Floor space index, it gives the amount of builtup space you can build on the land.

If FSI is 1.5, in 2400sqft land you can build 3600/sqft space.

i.e. In 2400sqft land 4 flats can be built of 900 sqft each, each flat gets 600 sqft share of land which is the UDS.

Hope its clear.

The price for ETA Jasmine court project was 3800-4000/sqft for phaseI/II.

Have a look at the location before deciding whether If you are ok with it.The project site is adjacent to a cemetry, and some blocks even face them.

For the matter, most of the new projects in Chennai are near or over old cemetry's..Good thing that RE is looking downwards, otherwise builders would have also started to charge premium charges for cemetry view.

Premium for viewing Cemetry! Not a bad idea.
    Do you know Nabhishek? A place in Singapore called as Bishan was the super duper place for realestate there in the late 90s. BIshan was originally a Chinese cemetry!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Premium for viewing Cemetry! Not a bad idea.
    Do you know Nabhishek? A place in Singapore called as Bishan was the super duper place for realestate there in the late 90s. BIshan was originally a Chinese cemetry!

Oh ok..I didnt know it was common..Its a big aversion for me.Personally I would not want to knowingly make a "dead" investment at such exorbitant prices and land up in a 13B/Yavarum nalam kind of haunted house.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friends,

Also it is way outside the city with no amenities near by in terms of decent shopping , public transport ,schools etc.

One thing that can be said about the project is that quality of construction is pretty good.

But lack of local amenities is a big a draw back.One will struggle even to get a tenent in that area and donot expect a rent of above Rs. 3000 - 4000 per month for 2 BHK flat.{This is the going rate in and around Porur which is an area much more developed in terms of infrastructure}

Given these drawbacks the rate should be below Rs.2000 per sq ft some where on par with Provident Cosmo City at Siruseri
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

You will have to add the manitanence charge of atleast Rs. 2000 per month for a 1000 sq. ft. flat. The construction is really good, but the place is far away from the city centre. Egmore/Central Railway stations, Koyembedu Bus terminus, Air port are far away places and movement by road takes quite a lot of time and quite expensive too. Late night transit is a real problem and unsafe too. In rainy season water logging also can be there in the nearby areas. Similar will be the case with projects in OMR out of city projects and Sriperumbudur also.
    In the case of Mumbai suburban areas which have got a well conected Railway system and all the places have been growing very fast. 20 years back places like Borivali, Vasai, Kalyan etc were far away places and see now, they are like city centres. Such things just cannot happen to Chennai out of city places due to lack of a well connected railway system.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Friends,
    Thanking you for the great inputs. Please let me know if you anyone of you recently purchased a flat at Jasmine court - ETA.
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friends,
    Thanking you for the great inputs. Please let me know if you anyone of you recently purchased a flat at Jasmine court - ETA.

If any one of them recenly purchased from them, they would not have spoken adverse about the flats Hi hi. !!!!
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friends,

Went there for consideration but backed out after looking at the poor infrastructure around.Even for a loaf of bread I think one will have to travel a couple of kms. Main criteria for rejection no school van commuting in the area for my child.At that period they were offering a rate of Rs.3200 per sq ft.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    If any one of them recenly purchased from them, they would not have spoken adverse about the flats Hi hi. !!!!

Dear friend,

You have said it right.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by factsandfigures
    Went there for consideration but backed out after looking at the poor infrastructure around.Even for a loaf of bread I think one will have to travel a couple of kms. Main criteria for rejection no school van commuting in the area for my child.At that period they were offering a rate of Rs.3200 per sq ft.

That is why prices in developed areas are worth much higher levels. After all if you have to pay 3200 to not even get bread, when u can get bread butter jam and everything else what is wrong in a price of 10K psft in the city or for that matter even twice that.
    RE is not falling, just that useless places in the outskirts may not be saleable as it always happens after every rise. However central Chennai will keep going only one way. UP UP and even higher.
    Cheers.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Congrats! You have done 666 posts. Please cross 1000 very fast.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • I aint going for any targets in posts! Anyway why 666. You mean OMEN? LOL!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

Good going. Please keep it up.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote