Light at the end of the tunnel

Last updated: December 22 2009
65 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Light at the end of the tunnel

Originally posted by vijai5 View Post
    even for me too because of wiseman i have deferred my purchase and it was a good decision i made with the help of him.kudos to wiseman
    Will these kudos continue indefinitely?

Comment

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
      You have spoken very sanely I think. However your SOB is not in the right spirit. Remember if I sold land and price went up I will be sad. If I bought land and it went up I will be happy. I cant blame the buyer for my curse of selling and vice versa. In other words the idea that govt or media are manipulating is not wrong or right, rather it does not matter, since that is the way in any country in any situation. Remember the WINNER TAKES IT ALL and what happens in US is immaterial in Somalia and what happens there does not matter in India.
      As for reality, I think Wiseman and his bear cartel are actually people who are wishing prices crashed for themselves and folks like you to buy in. Unfortunately MARKETS, I mean any market, stocks, RE or whatever always make sure that folks like you lose out. So you will enter only at the peak and that is why U R there! LOL!. In other words tell us when you buy in and others can take that as a peak!
      Mind u, I am not joking. Markets know NO LOGIC. They work on Psychology and folks like u will be butchered.
      Also folks like Wiseman seem to have no logic. They are talking 1st standard mathematics in a complex world.
      Anyway the truth is market is shooting up, and it wont fall, rather will shoot up. I meant RE market. Bye

I don't fully agree market know 'NO Logic'. Everything should follow some fundamentals thought at short term they may not strictly so. All along when many said RE in India will crash like USA, I was telling my friends that may not happen. We cannot compare s to Oranges. USA market is credit driven. They cannot hold even short term loses as the creditors put the pressure. That is not the case in India. Bulk of transactions are made thru' full payments either 0 or minimal loans. If there is any selling pressure, it will be only with Flats/Apartments in high flying areas where most IT people purchased with loan money. Even that doesn't come even remotely close to USA (loan or credit)/price ratio. Most land purchases are done with own money. These investors can wait for longer period to reap the profits. This provides a solid bottom support that is being enjoyed in Indian RE all along. That doesn't mean it can never crash. The time it takes for it to happen will be much much longer (since purchaser don't have selling pressure from creditors) and before that if economy can provide any support, it will never happen. When country goes more credit dependent, then we can expect more volatility like USA market. Just my opinion.

Comment

Fewer Chennai posts/threads ?

Dear Chennai interested friends,

Pune related posts are more and only a couple of posts for Chennai? Wake up Chennai guys and put more posts/start more threads.

ks2071746

Comment

Originally posted by sreenidr View Post
          I don't fully agree market know 'NO Logic'. Everything should follow some fundamentals thought at short term they may not strictly so. All along when many said RE in India will crash like USA, I was telling my friends that may not happen. We cannot compare s to Oranges. USA market is credit driven. They cannot hold even short term loses as the creditors put the pressure. That is not the case in India. Bulk of transactions are made thru' full payments either 0 or minimal loans. If there is any selling pressure, it will be only with Flats/Apartments in high flying areas where most IT people purchased with loan money. Even that doesn't come even remotely close to USA (loan or credit)/price ratio. Most land purchases are done with own money. These investors can wait for longer period to reap the profits. This provides a solid bottom support that is being enjoyed in Indian RE all along. That doesn't mean it can never crash. The time it takes for it to happen will be much much longer (since purchaser don't have selling pressure from creditors) and before that if economy can provide any support, it will never happen. When country goes more credit dependent, then we can expect more volatility like USA market. Just my opinion.
          Though your point seems interesting, it is proved wrong in case of japan. So we can not say!

Comment

That doesn't mean it can never crash.
            What triggers the CRASH then?

Comment

Twist and turn!

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
              For all the pessimists on this board! FYI. A land on Rangachari road, Mylapore is being quoted at 20crores for 4 grounds. So a ground is costing 5 crores or a sqft is costing about 21K.
              Now dont ask me why some fella was talking about RK Salai land for 2crores. He obviously has no land or brain!

When it suits you Nats, you will bring out a quote of 5C since it is too high!!! When the price quoted is too low, you will say it is only a quote and we need to consider actual transaction price.

Like I said before, whatever suits you you will use completely shamelessly, even though it is so transparent to all those who read it!

Why do you come to this forum and take off your chaddis each time for everyone else to laugh silently?

Since you brought up this price of 5C quotation, I too had a couple of potential sellers last week quoting Rs.100 per SFt for your Saligramam land. So, see? Market has crashed already, the stupid way you look at it!!!

BTW, Nats, just to prove that you are not lying thru your teeth, let us have the specific details of this quotation? What publication or site it appeared in? How long has it been around? Who can I call to verify?

If these details are not available, especially the duration this property has been on the market for sale, I will assume that you are falling back on your familiar lying ways!! Deal?

cheers
              Last edited by wiseman; August 11 2009, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Bubbles and Demographic Trends

Wiseman is tis happening in India too or will it happen in India your thouhts
                Please read from web site
                ]http://seekingalpha.com/article/155233-china-s-bubbles-and-demographic-trends[/URL]
                CAN
                Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                Now see Nats as usual trying to squirm away from an alrerady stated position simply because I called his bluff and lying in the process?

Nat, you did actually say you made some peanuts by buying on the Gap up! What were you buying? Peanuts? And waht gap were you talking up? The gap created when you forgot to button up? I assumed it was the Gap up on the Sen or Nifty!!!

There is this old saying. If you offer peanuts, you only attract the monkeys. So, Nats, while you bought some peanuts some seller must have attracted the monkey, no?

cheers

Comment

One point to note. What is the period of the deal? I am not telling Indian markets will never fall for the next million years. I am talking about a lifespan. In this century India is considered one of those growing economy and this is called the BRICS century I presume.
                  Now I trade by the day and week, I talk about stock markets at best for an year. I talk about RE for 5 to 15 years. I talk about an economy for atbest 2 to 3 decades.
                  Coming to RE in India, I think it makes super sense to go long here for the next 5 years for sure and most likely for upto 15 years. Beyond that I will predict as it comes.
                  As for your view I plan to write soon about what you have rightly mentioned. Indian RE has been driven up by solid money. Also nowadays Pension money, Govt employees jacked up salaris and above all their super duper ARREARS which might make silly SW engineer borrowers look like clowns are driving up the market. Now if these strong hands buy market will never fall! Also look at the 10L with 10% tax announced yday. If this comes into play there will be so much free cash that it will drive RE madly upwards.
                  Forget US. It is old story. Watch Japan curves. They are my learning experience and that is why I am super bullish. However I never said we will go on a one way ticket to the moon. I only am talking about the next 5 to 15 years. Again even beyond 15 years there is no guarantee of a fall. In Japan RE peaked but even now it is yet retreating, not falling. Hope you get the truth into your mind!
                  Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ks2071746 View Post
                    Dear Chennai interested friends,

Pune related posts are more and only a couple of posts for Chennai? Wake up Chennai guys and put more posts/start more threads.

ks2071746
                    You disappear for months and I cant just take all the load KS! Just note that the two of us sum up for 2000 posts. So if we dont exist this Chennai forum will be empty!
                    Hope you get the joke. Nice seeing you again.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                      When it suits you Nats, you will bring out a quote of 5C since it is too high!!! When the price quoted is too low, you will say it is only a quote and we need to consider actual transaction price.

Like I said before, whatever suits you you will use completely shamelessly, even though it is so transparent to all those who read it!

Why do you come to this forum and take off your chaddis each time for everyone else to laugh silently?

Since you brought up this price of 5C quotation, I too had a couple of potential sellers last week quoting Rs.100 per SFt for your Saligramam land. So, see? Market has crashed already, the stupid way you look at it!!!

BTW, Nats, just to prove that you are not lying thru your teeth, let us have the specific details of this quotation? What publication or site it appeared in? How long has it been around? Who can I call to verify?

If these details are not available, especially the duration this property has been on the market for sale, I will assume that you are falling back on your familiar lying ways!! Deal?

cheers
                      How can other sellers give you a quote for MY land in Saligramam? Dear Kilpauk escapee, try to talk some sense!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X