Hi,

I was evaluating some apartments around velachary. I came across this new 3 bedroom apartments advertised at SIS Danube Pallikarnai. I visited the place and found that the apartment was good (flats I saw were around 1600-1800 sq.ft), nice woodwork, good parking space etc. It is located on Velachary-Tambaram road. I can always drive down to Velachary bypass road to purchase groceries, house hold items.

However what I am concerned about is the rainy seasons like august or november. I know that places like velachary-tambaram road are notorious during rainy season. Some people say that road will be improved with more layers and there should be no water logging inside the apartment compound.

I personally feel that for the same price should get a similarly new & good apartment (though a smaller one around 1200 sq.ft) inside the city in Guindy or Adambakkam which have no water logging problem and are closer to OMR also.

Please suggest if you have lived in Chennai for longer ( I've been here since 1.5 years and come from Bangalore).
Read more
23 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    Yes that flat may be an island in the sea. To reach island you need boats

So boat industry is progressing and RE folks will sell flats to boat builders? Lovebird is that the way? ROTFL.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    So boat industry is progressing and RE folks will sell flats to boat builders? Lovebird is that the way? ROTFL.

Yes, nattu,

Ask your divorced one to join
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebird
    Yes, nattu,

Ask your divorced one to join

I suspect you need to be suspended for such banter.
    CommentQuote
  • I was really impressed by this apartment SIS Danube 3-4 months back and had started a thread to discuss about Jayachandran nagar, Pallikarnai.

Now it seems this apartment has won an award for one of best residential development in Asia Pacific.

]http://www.merinews.com/catFull.jsp?articleID=15773509
    CommentQuote
  • Anyone know the current price / resale rate in sis danube for 2 BHK - suresh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bmsuresh
    Anyone know the current price / resale rate in sis danube for 2 BHK - suresh

Check out their website

This apartment has won an award as one of the best residential complex in Asia Pacific 2009.
    CommentQuote
  • Land prices in jayachandran nagar

is anyone know the land prices in jayachandran nagar, medavakkam. is it available.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srini234
    is anyone know the land prices in jayachandran nagar, medavakkam. is it available.

4 months back when I checked I was told 65 Lakhs per ground (approved plot) , I talked the owner of the plot itself. It was way over my budget so I skipped the deal.
    CommentQuote