Sort by :
Filter by :
- As far as location and rental income are concerned Medavakkam is better than Guduvancheri.CommentQuote0Flag
- Lancor Lumina is a good project. But it is priced a bit higher.
For rental yeild in suburbs, flats in townships are always good.
It is pretty much impossible to rent houses with a decent yeild.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by depakjanI am thinking of buying a house for investment purpose and i am interested in "Project Lumina" by lancor in
Lancor Lumina - Project Summary (Guduvanchery)
My questions as follows
1. Is guduvanchery a nice place for investement?
2. Is 1 Sqft worth rs 3250 in that area?
3. In general, Is there a possibility that these Maintenance charges will be increased in townships?
Also i have another idea of buying a house in an apartment(3 - 4 houses) Around MEDAVAKKAM(VGP Babu Nagar, Medavakkam, Chennai)
as far as i know if i buy apartment there will be no maintenance fee but i can rent a maximum of 10k
but at the same time
if it is a township , i can rent it for 18k minimum(this township is located near SRM university) , downside is maintenance fee and its hassles...
confused on making this decision..
When buying house for own use, I'll consider following when selecting locality:
-If I'm a native of Chennai and used to life in City, I'll prefer a house as much closer to city as possible so that it is easier to visit my friends, relatives, restaurants, etc...
-If I have aged parents, I'll select location closer to bus stop or railway stations or near main roads so that my parents can easily flag an Auto. I'll also pick a place with shops at walking distance. Most importantly there must be good clinic closeby.
-If I have child, I will make sure there is a good school around and the school provides transport service to the place I select.
-If I'm not a native of Chennai and don't have parents or children living with me in Chennai, I'll pick township project in upcoming suburb so that I'll be closer to my workplace, neighbors will be of my age group, my wife if a homemaker will have lots of women of her age group to chit chat during free time.
-If I've an existing house in Chennai, I'll buy a luxury apartment from reputed builder in upcoming suburb as I couldn't afford such things 10yrs back and maybe in another 10yrs the same locality may become posh and unaffordable again. I'll rent it out until the locality becomes good enough to settle down.
-Even if I prefer to stay close to city, I might buy a house in faraway place, rent it out until locality develops. Meanwhile I'll stay for rent within city until I marry, bring my parents with me to Chennai, have kids. Then I'll shift to my own house that I bought several years back.CommentQuote1Flag
- your current thought would not hold good , as time goes, you will change ur mind.As the india steps in to critical phase of exposure towards world market, the dynamics of the household culture will change according to your new work culture. What the western middle class society did 10 years ago, will be repeated in india. sole bread runner constantly on world travel or both sweating hard to bring kids,frequent job termination from employers (i dont know how will you have time to think of real estate.). rupee devaluation, hence savings in the bank worth less than a bread or if you hold too many real estates, then it is unmaintainable at these times,land prices unbuyable, leading you to stay in society houses (same as london middle class, the existing apartments owners cant bear rocket emi's 25% , defaults on payments and goes to goverment as society flats),soceity makes you to prove yourself among the crowds, on the proving process, stress increases, greed increases, blood pressure increases.whether your graudate ,post graduate or Ph.D, you have to sweat hard, as you are labourer of however types. da da da da da....CommentQuote0Flag
- Lol! Your post reminds of story in Mahabaratha, when Duryodhana went out in Charriot and returned back after touring his kingdom he said he saw only bad people everywhere. When Yudishtra went on tour, he reported all the subjects were good hearted.
Even during the worst periods of great depression, only 25% of Americans were unemployed, there were numerous success stories, great discoveries made, lot of people making fortune.CommentQuote0Flag
- thanks my post entertained you.CommentQuote0Flag
- Mods..move any one of the thread which has the same subject.CommentQuote0Flag
What exactly do u mean ?CommentQuote0Flag
- Hi mods, same subject already in another thread (similar name of thread). Pls move any one as you think apt.CommentQuote0Flag
- Hi mids, Lumina, lancor holdings, guduvanchery is the duplicate thread.CommentQuote0Flag
Please note the thread u r talking about is already locked .
- My bad.. Sorry mods.. Its locked but same sub it can be moved right.CommentQuote0Flag
Cannot be merged, because of posts continuity issues .CommentQuote0Flag
- OK thnx.CommentQuote0Flag
- Has anyone bought an apartment in Lancour Lumia , Guduvancherry and moved in there ? If so what is the feedback on the same . Between Sriram Shankari and Lancour Lumina which is the best ? Kindly share your inputs if any .CommentQuote0Flag