Let us get to some pragmatic way of knowing the situation in chennai.
leave the faroff places of chennai the OMR.ORAGADAM,SRIPERMBUNDUR,
GST ROAD(beyond tambaram) Annanagar EXTN etc. members please post info on projects in good localities lying unsold -rates corrected beyond 25%-and . .
Read more
35 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In early 2004 to the best of my knowledge a flat in Anandapuram (Rangachari road) was available for less than 2000psft. So Ashok nagar must have been much lesser. Prices in Chennai shot up only in late 2004 and early 2005. In 2003 you would have got a flat in Mylapore (Anandapuram) probably for 1.5K to 2K psft. No more!
    CommentQuote
  • Dear friend,

In general, I can say, the price of flat in 1996 was about 20 to 25 % of what was in 2008, in 2004 it was about 35 to 40 % of 2008. This is for most of the "inskirts" of Chennai.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ks2071746
    Dear friend,

Who told the flat price at Ashok Nagar in 2004 was Rs. 600/sq. ft. It was around Rs. 2000 to 2500/sq. ft. range. Rs. 600/sq. ft. was the rate 15 years back when one of my colleagues bought an Alacrity flat there at this range of Rs. 600/sq. ft.

ks2071746

ks2071746,

I have already accepted my slipup or mistake whatever you call it. I started following Chennai RE prices only from 2005 when I got closer to this city due to family reasons ( though I was born in TN have mainly lived in Bangalore).

But if you are talking about Bangalore I will be the best person for data going back to 1970s when my grand father purchased a house in Jayanagar 5th block in 1973.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contra
    ks2071746,

I have already accepted my slipup or mistake whatever you call it. I started following Chennai RE prices only from 2005 when I got closer to this city due to family reasons ( though I was born in TN have mainly lived in Bangalore).

But if you are talking about Bangalore I will be the best person for data going back to 1970s when my grand father purchased a house in Jayanagar 5th block in 1973.

Dear friend,

Please forget it. I am confident, none would give any wrong information here to confuse people. Some time it happens that incorrect ( please note I am telling incorrect and not wrong ) informations do come in unintentionally. Please do contribute in this forum.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote
  • Actually you need not be present in a city to know about it. Anyway you are most welcome to comment on Chennai as your logic is perfect so far.
    CommentQuote