Chennai RE characters

Last updated: May 12 2010
13 | Posts
2200 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai RE characters

I visit this forum often and get to know different perspectives about Chennai RE. But sometimes I get fed up with some of the posts. Is it only me? or everyone feels the same way? That's the reason for tis thread.

Who is the most loved person in Chennai RE thread? And who is the most unwanted person? Please share?

My votes:
    Loved: Wiseman and KS- For bringing info from various sources and genuinely trying to share the info. And trying to be fair.

Hated: Natraj - Inability to understand that a different opinion could be true. And that language right out of a dumpyard.

Re : Chennai RE characters

mine for wiseman,ks and nick alan

Comment

Don't go down this route

Originally posted by Raghavan.aiyangar View Post
      I visit this forum often and get to know different perspectives about Chennai RE. But sometimes I get fed up with some of the posts. Is it only me? or everyone feels the same way? That's the reason for tis thread.

Who is the most loved person in Chennai RE thread? And who is the most unwanted person? Please share?

My votes:
      Loved: Wiseman and KS- For bringing info from various sources and genuinely trying to share the info. And trying to be fair.

Hated: Natraj - Inability to understand that a different opinion could be true. And that language right out of a dumpyard.

Let us not go down this route folks!

Me for Alan, abk, Nabishek, Nats, and all the others who make this forum interesting and informative.

After all, Raghav, if you say that Nats is most "hated" (I think this is a strong word to be used against anybody since hate is all-emotional and nothing-rational), since he does not tolerate opposing view-points, then how are you different from him since you too are not ready to accept his view-point?

Just trying to give a different angle to the terms love and hate (they seem to be different sides of the same coin).

So, in conclusion folks, every single person on this post brings value by posting their data and views. There are no heroes and villains.

Enough of this sermonising!!!

cheers

Comment

My votes are for Wiseman Nabishek BigBear and Contra(though I disagree with his optimism on RE given the inflated trend in the past and bleak future) for the valuable/educative posts and the presentation & the language.

The entire forum knows the most abominable member of this forum.

The love/hatred in this forum,is earned by the person concerned with the good/abusive postings he/she makes .If 'one' had been polite in posting the views, am sure there would not have been a thread started like this.

Cheers.

Comment

After all, Raghav, if you say that Nats is most "hated" , since he does not tolerate opposing view-points, then how are you different from him since you too are not ready to accept his view-point?
          This kind of response is to make yourself look bigger than what you really are, by taking the route of 'I-accept-both-of-you-so-I'm-bigger than-you'. But dude, you gotta call a spade, a spade!

Coming back to your comment, How many time have you seen me responding to Nats? I believe that RE is in a bear grip and going south, but when I see a different view, I don't go all out to prove 'em wrong!

I firmly believe in Voltaire's "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death, your right to say it". Because afterall, the most ridiculed opinion could turn out to be true! But you can see there are somany others who are optimistic, but they're still liked! You know why? Their posts show the willingness to be proven wrong!

I agree, initially posts from Nats were like catalysts for others to pour in their views. But, because of his tantrums, the thread gets hijacked and so people are going overboard-which is not good for the forum! You get the feel 'Oh, not again'. This thread was started to show that we need to stand up when someone is not behaving and we don't have to hide behind something.

Comment

This kind of response is to make yourself look bigger than what you really are, by taking the route of 'I-accept-both-of-you-so-I'm-bigger than-you'. But dude, you gotta call a spade, a spade!

Coming back to your comment, How many time have you seen me responding to Nats? I believe that RE is in a bear grip and going south, but when I see a different view, I don't go all out to prove 'em wrong!

I firmly believe in Voltaire's "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death, your right to say it". Because afterall, the most ridiculed opinion could turn out to be true! But you can see there are somany others who are optimistic, but they're still liked! You know why? Their posts show the willingness to be proven wrong!

I agree, initially posts from Nats were like catalysts for others to pour in their views. But, because of his tantrums, the thread gets hijacked and so people are going overboard-which is not good for the forum! You get the feel 'Oh, not again'. This thread was started to show that we need to stand up when someone is not behaving and we don't have to hide behind something.

Raghav,

A spade can also be called an excavator! Just kidding

Don't for a moment think I do not abhor the language, attitude and the propensity of the said person to con people about upcoming rising prices as strongly as you do!!!

I believe that the Forum's admins have been adequately warned about the said person specifically and they have acted by deleting some posts as well as cleaned up many others (as they themselves say, they cannot be 100%).

I have given my word to admin that I will henceforth be objective, only discuss pertinent issues and generally be polite (which I don't think will be difficult for me! ).

Just keeping my word

Now, onto the real topics.

cheers

Comment

Dear friends,

The views of nats also throw lot of light. Only thing is that at times, the language used especially some words which are to be avoided, make people feel uncofortable. Since my joining this forum in Nov. 08, I have seen a lot of improvement in the usage of words and now there only a few times he uses such words. His tangential views many a times, give the readers enough food for thought.

ks2071746:p

Comment

My votes:

Another of the bear cartel trying to act a big game with Wisey. Looks like this post was ignored and nobody cared to even go with it!
                Raghavan Aiyangar! Who the hell are you? BTW this is not some LOVE and HATE portal. Go and find such a portal. We are discussing RE here buddy!

PS. What a shame, that Wisey creates a post in a different name, then acts as if he is a good guy, then uses the different name to tarnish his name a bit! Looks like there are more actors here than RE experts
                Last edited by Natarajg007; May 6 2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Open minds see the farthest (my quote)

Someone unintentionally revived this thread so I'll add my five paisas worth.
                  One thing I must say is thanks to whoever created this forum. Great tool where the informed and the less informed share the same stage. A place where we can share, discuss and help us understand where we stand in the world of RE and where it is headed.

To begin with we are people from different walks of life.
                  We each have different backgrounds and different experiences in RE.
                  Some of us are first time home buyers who are excited to buy our first house or flat. It is the probably the biggest investment we will ever make in our lives. We are scared, nervous but excited about owning a piece of RE. RE gives us a sense of being a part of the community which we can call our own, be proud to invite friends and family over, something to leave behind for our children to enjoy etc etc
                  Then there are the RE speculators using RE as a vehicle to get ahead.
                  Then we have RE developers and mega buck corporations.

On this forum I have seen Economists, Intellectuals, RE professionals, Financial experts and the list goes on. The different views expressed is what brings out the best in us. Just when you think you made your point somebody else counters and makes you think twice. But all in all our discussion makes everybody benefit from each others view.
                  Thanks to all of you for your valuable input. I never get tired of reading your views no matter how different it is from mine.

One last thing I would like to say is, if you have a view put it out here and if someone has a different view let's be mature enough to respect it rather than be verbally abusive. Lets all agree to disagree... it makes the world a better place to live in.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Naarathar!

Hi Aiyankar, Why you do "Naarathar Job" here? No other work?

Why still show your caste name with your name?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X